AR 3386

tniickck

5 hours ago, tniickck said:

isnt there a small delta forming? this region appeared less than 48 hours ago and has already grown so much, so if it keeps growing it can be really active (hopefully not like it was with 3376)

Can't say I see any delta currently, nor for the last ~20 hours or so, so not sure what you were referring to there. It's seen some growth, but doesn't look like any significant complexity for the time being. Not a region I'd expect much from as it looks now, but I'd certainly love to be proven wrong.

• Like 1

that was a filament launch because of a flare, i wrote about it already in filament topic

18 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

Not a fast CME, but I think this is the 2nd CME the region has launched over the past day or two.

20230802_123825_d7c2A.jpg

30 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

The CME may actually be a bit faster than I first thought. Maybe 54-66 hours travel time, G2 could be a possibility if on the earlier end.

IMG_20230802_193405_387.jpg

it is from russian amateur astronomers 

3386 sends us another CME. An asymmetric halo. If it is a bulk hit it may have a travel time under 60 hours, but if it is a glancing blow the travel time may be over 3 days.

So far I am leaning towards a bulk hit with a 51-63 hour travel time.

G2 would seem possible with this one as well.

1 hour ago, Jesterface23 said:

3386 sends us another CME. An asymmetric halo. If it is a bulk hit it may have a travel time under 60 hours, but if it is a glancing blow the travel time may be over 3 days.

So far I am leaning towards a bulk hit with a 51-63 hour travel time.

G2 would seem possible with this one as well.

you talking about M1.9 CME

I thought it originated from 3387, even made a thread about it. (although it took a while for that post to go through after I hit submit)

You can see it better in the SDO video

13387.JPG

Edited by cgrant26

13 minutes ago, cgrant26 said:

I thought it originated from 3387, even made a thread about it. (although it took a while for that post to go through after I hit submit)

You can see it better in the SDO video

13387.JPG

What you're seeing in that image was some very minor flaring in comparison before the longer-duration flare in question, which was definitely from 3386. The CME seemed to erupt from 3386 and all the way down from the southern hemisphere it looked like.