AR 13311

Philalethes

2 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

oh, i thought they update every 15mins. oops.

They do, but they're typically a bit behind SUVI;  17:15 just came in though (the last one I was looking at was 16:45), so I guess we should see some movement with the next ones.

1 minute ago, Philalethes said:

They do, but they're typically a bit behind SUVI;  17:15 just came in though (the last one I was looking at was 16:45), so I guess we should see some movement with the next ones.

yeah they are. sdo is slow sometimes :)  thats why i like suvi

i wonder why its flaring again right now @Philalethes 

23 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

yeah they are. sdo is slow sometimes :)  thats why i like suvi

i wonder why its flaring again right now @Philalethes 

From SUVI it looks like it was 3315 flaring while this one was on its way down. Unless we see more complexity emerging here I doubt it's going to amount to much more, maybe a bit more flaring like this at most.

35 minutes ago, Philalethes said:

From SUVI it looks like it was 3315 flaring while this one was on its way down. Unless we see more complexity emerging here I doubt it's going to amount to much more, maybe a bit more flaring like this at most.

thanks. it looks to be a little more flare active though

to me it looks like it slightly grew, but i forgot to take before and after pictures.. maybe @Philalethes or @ChefyStephie ? :D 

1 hour ago, MinYoongi said:

to me it looks like it slightly grew, but i forgot to take before and after pictures.. maybe @Philalethes or @ChefyStephie ? :D 

It’s definitely grown a fair bit, but it’s classed beta-gamma currently. The last grabs I have are about 21.5 hrs old, and they’re the last ones I shared, so I’m afraid I’m not very help right now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

IMB_XJghQ3.jpeg.4619b61051cdb428e39c4f1532dfdc9b.jpegIMB_jAoUYa.jpeg.ccf4427fd366cd29dc316971b0e25231.jpeg

3 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

IMB_7CMfYs.jpeg.8190339511838cb79d33415442a635d0.jpegIMB_2s4Z9c.jpeg.316b3c16377070c0ffca01812c83d480.jpeg

3 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

IMB_6YZvZ7.jpeg.4b9afd6120de9eace4bede06b9263355.jpeg

hope those help…

• Cool 2

4 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

Is this useful at all? https://sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov/data/dailymov/movie.php?q=20230523_1024_HMIBC You can see some decent detail once you full screen it.

If not I also saved the 24 hr loop from yesterday since it was still running before I refreshed it.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, cgrant26 said:

Is this useful at all? https://sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov/data/dailymov/movie.php?q=20230523_1024_HMIBC You can see some decent detail once you full screen it.

If not I also saved the 24 hr loop from yesterday since it was still running before I refreshed it.

Its useful, sadly the quality gets really ratty the more you zoom in. Its easier to zoom into the individual pictures :)  I love to zoom in really, really close and get a good look and compare it hourly etc. :) 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Its useful, sadly the quality gets really ratty the more you zoom in. Its easier to zoom into the individual pictures :)  I love to zoom in really, really close and get a good look and compare it hourly etc. :) 

You can always look up any image in full 4096x4096 resolution from the archive here if you want to e.g. compare previous images to current ones.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Philalethes said:

You can always look up any image in full 4096x4096 resolution from the archive here if you want to e.g. compare previous images to current ones.

Thanks for that! We really do have some great tools in the space weather toolbox.