AR 13311

Philalethes

21 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

@Philalethes Howdy! I'm not sure but looking closely at the gif youre providing im starting to think the two sunspots belong to the positive sunspot, thus making the delta "dead". what do you think? Background crackling is still there, so im not too sure. surely still gamma, but im not sure if the Region still posesses a delta as of now?

The small spot on the bottom there is negative. It's one of the cases where the umbra doesn't match up exactly with where there's most intensity on the magnetogram due to the direction of the field lines, but if you look at just the polarities, which still match up with those of the uncolorized magnetogram, you'll see that the spot lies inside the area of negative polarity.

So for now there's still that small delta, but the entire region has been breaking up and consolidating into more evenly divisible polarities, doesn't seem to be much complexity emerging lately. C'est dommage.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Hmm im not too sure.. im not really seeing it. maybe a tiny dot?

Very, very tiny one. But I will not complain if it wants to become more “stout”.
The link still shows a beta gamma delta classification, and I’d love to point out what I see that I think warrants that, but unfortunately I’m not on a device that will allow it. 

But yes, it’s very wee. 

1 hour ago, ChefyStephie said:

Very, very tiny one. But I will not complain if it wants to become more “stout”.
The link still shows a beta gamma delta classification, and I’d love to point out what I see that I think warrants that, but unfortunately I’m not on a device that will allow it. 

But yes, it’s very wee. 

I'm a nooblet at this, but Is this what you're talking about?

DeltaMaybe.JPG

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

This region still got it. Just flared with M3 peak

One of the more impulsive flares I've seen in quite a while, barely visible on SUVI for being an M3 lol

• Haha 2

Yep saw that! Very impulsive, but a sign of life none the less. 😃

The region I was keen on yesterday seems to have gotten fussy again. I was staring it down as I got notification of the radio emission. 

53DD8904-7D4A-4A20-B519-8A64F07EC3A9.jpeg

643A7E49-84FD-4AD8-887A-041187A37543.jpeg
 Would love to hear any thoughts on it :)

Edited by ChefyStephie
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ChefyStephie said:

Yep saw that! Very impulsive, but a sign of life none the less. 😃

The region I was keen on yesterday seems to have gotten fussy again. I was staring it down as I got notification of the radio emission. 

53DD8904-7D4A-4A20-B519-8A64F07EC3A9.jpeg

643A7E49-84FD-4AD8-887A-041187A37543.jpeg
 Would love to hear any thoughts on it :)

Im not sure if that could be considered delta, or a proper delta, or more gamma. fuzzy indeed!

3 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

so nice of you to post the pictures, but i was asking for opinions! I was being too literal :)❤️ 

I’ve edited it. (Apologies, nuance is not a strength of mine.) The baby deltas seem *not* to be decaying, so the spot, in my humble opinion, is still interesting. :)

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

flux going up for a 3rd time

did it decay?

The m- and i-grams won't be coming in for another hour or so, but I suspect there will be little complexity left after this. I would guess this is its final attempt for now, but doesn't look like much.

Just now, Philalethes said:

The m- and i-grams won't be coming in for another hour or so, but I suspect there will be little complexity left after this. I would guess this is its final attempt for now, but doesn't look like much.

oh, i thought they update every 15mins. oops.