AR 13184: X1.98 flare

Philalethes

6 minuten geleden, MinYoongi zei:

am i tripping or did that not produce a CME? I see a filament or smth in the middle disc getting lose due to the shock wave perhaps?

Well… when looking at coronal dimming the X1,98 did not have any coronal dimming so a CME is unlikely (short duration events are often without CME or with small narrow puff). The coinciding eruption on the northeastern limb was a small puff but no dimming. 3182 produced the best dimming during the event but isn’t much worth talking about.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MinYoongi said:

i just wanted to ask if its possible or 99% ruled out :D 

35a266740d0115b5e408ac2becfa8364.png

It made the other limb region in the north flare too :)  @arjemma didnt we talk about this like today?

Yes, you most certainly DID !!  yippee.  overdue 

the only downside is that the sun is down to his last UNO card!😉

So, this is interesting!

Wanted to give a little thumbs up to you who has helped me get started 👍👍

I've just given it a shot to look at the things you've suggested in the other post and play a little with the SDO layers. Lots of interesting things to look at here. I just need a little time... 😆 Not learning as fast as 20 years ago, but point is to move forwards!

According to Tesla magnetic (and energetic) curves are the same both above and below (the surface). This sun spot producing almost X2 and no CME to mention makes me think of him and that the energy just made a leap and back into the Sun. That would mean the energy might as well surface at a later point and produce a similar size (or somewhat lower) energetic burst again, right? It's about the spots arranging themselves to be able to do that... If they do.

These spots seem perfect to practice on (when I can find the time) and see if I can find the same deltas as you guys do in a bit. Hopefully this cluster has more to give!

• Like 3

• Sam Warfel changed the title to AR 13184: X1.98 flare
Just now, MinYoongi said:

I wonder what makes this Region flare so much. It doesnt look *that* interesting due to the foreshortening.

It does look interesting to me though, looks crammed with both polarities, and I can now spot atleast 1-2 deltas.97e3541422b889448eac39c1a8878a81.png

1 minute ago, mozy said:

It does look interesting to me though, looks crammed with both polarities, and I can now spot atleast 1-2 deltas.97e3541422b889448eac39c1a8878a81.png

I cant spot them that well in the Intensigram. I thought the blue surrounded by the big red is a delta, but it seems like its not.

1 hour ago, MinYoongi said:

btw @mozy it seems to have gained a little bit after the flare even, if thats possible.

Idk exactly, but it sure changed something, look at the SDO loop of the HMI Intensitygram, during & after the flare you can see something snap & penumbral area just shifts super fast, it's fascinating to watch this after intense flares.

4 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Is this a common thing after intense flares? 

Yeah, i saw that also! 

Apparently it is, after I started looking for it I always spot it now after such flares lol.

• Cool 1

Yes, sure will!!  If it can quiet down long enough for us to get a decent look, that is ….

47 minutes ago, arjemma said:

We can't see the full picture yet but I'm guessing a few deltas but I would want a better view. Will be exciting tomorrow to look at the images.

• Like 1

Just now, MinYoongi said:

Did the flare change the Region in any way? (decay?) 

I'm interested in that aswell, a bit too far away still to see what really changed 😕

But I sure enjoy seeing those shifts happen, hopefully it has not decayed though.