CMEs and geomagnetic storming ×

AR3110

Landon Moeller

1 minute ago, mozy said:

There appears to be some ejecta, mainly aiming north

Thank you mozy. Do you rule out a glancing blow? 

I wish i could see aia videos with my phone, sadly their videoplayer spasms out every damn time i try it. :(

2 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Thank you mozy. Do you rule out a glancing blow? 

I wish i could see aia videos with my phone, sadly their videoplayer spasms out every damn time i try it. :(

Maybe too early to tell but it looks way off atm, also doesn't look that impressive

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Landon Moeller said:

Agree. Too bad! A couple days ago would've been nice but you know how these ARs are with timing haha

I'll never understand the sun, that wimpy region manages to put out a strong M flare but not the incoming big guy 🤦‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Landon Moeller said:

Agree. Too bad! A couple days ago would've been nice but you know how these ARs are with timing haha

4 minutes ago, mozy said:

I'll never understand the sun, that wimpy region manages to put out a strong M flare but not the incoming big guy 🤦‍♂️

Msybe not a dud like you think @mozy?

1 minute ago, MinYoongi said:

Full miss? Damn.

By the way, is stereo in a position where it could work as good as lasco in telling earth directedness? 

I mainly just us STEREO to detemine north-south propagation to a CME. LASCO is better for East-West propagation IMO

19 minutes ago, mozy said:

It isn’t as wimpy now as it looked yesterday. Still a small little region though.F64EEC97-EC8A-4EE2-9FE3-B9F65A1F70E6.jpeg.56bf4add217fee231ce5e93d003e5b8a.jpeg

21F4F8D1-B5FB-4437-9F47-8F1500DA9F1C.jpeg.e10231c306336304c701290b09bdb729.jpeg

And here’s the intensitygram too

76D85FC7-48C0-47A1-87C7-9BE4EC45D5AD.jpeg.b8abb98285f1fceb9ed542f3168758c8.jpeg

2E0E75A3-EAE0-437A-A9EC-B7F9F960D202.jpeg.376a97f5cd98ced5cc5e20c3189e1681.jpeg

In SUVI imagery there was some kind of localized eruption (possible CME) near AR3110 at about 2022-10-02 0200 UT.  Will be on the lookout for another faint halo on LASCO.  Those stealthy CMEs can creep up on you!

Edited by Drax Spacex
creepy crawly things

18 minutes ago, Drax Spacex said:

In SUVI imagery there was some kind of localized eruption (possible CME) near AR3110 at about 2022-10-02 0200 UT.  Will be on the lookout for another faint halo on LASCO.  Those stealthy CMEs can creep up on you!

Looks like it was pretty strong;  must the the M8.77 just reported.

2022-10-02 0224 GOES.jpg

Edited by Strom

2 minutes ago, Orneno said:

M8! Almost an X, the strongest since May!
It seems to have been eruptive, we're waiting on the dimming detector to confirm that, and then LASCO to see what we got... But hopeful!

latest-2.png

14 minutes ago, Drax Spacex said:

Due to the Almost X Class Flare?

also @Orneno please keep me updated! Where do you look for dimmings and eruptiveness?

Just now, Jesterface23 said:

2 CMEs are launched within a few minutes, but the 2nd CME is certainly directed more northwestward.

For sure. 1st one looked more like a bubble CME and has the better chance to hit near earth. I'll say the major one directly associated with the M8.7 flare is a miss