Region 3014: biggest AR of the SC!

MinYoongi

I would guess that 3014 is officially a no show at this point. Unless, perhaps the remnants were 3027 or 3028?? I haven’t followed ARs around the limb…

I can’t seem to find the prediction on here, but I do recall someone suggesting that it would make one or possibly two more appearances…

4 hours ago, WildWill said:

I would guess that 3014 is officially a no show at this point. Unless, perhaps the remnants were 3027 or 3028?? I haven’t followed ARs around the limb…

The area just appearing on the NE limb is the leading edge of what was AR3014, but I'm not yet convinced that it is very active anymore.

Update: I have now seen the latest farside map and it looks like we are probably seeing faculae from what was AR3011, with the old AR3014 just a little bit further back. The table associated with this map suggests that the centre of this region will not appear on the limb until 10th June.

AR_Map_2022Jun08.jpg.9b3c351e88eceed13e6099dc912a8998.jpg

Edited by 3gMike
Added new farside map

2 hours ago, 3gMike said:

The area just appearing on the NE limb is the leading edge of what was AR3014, but I'm not yet convinced that it is very active anymore.

Update: I have now seen the latest farside map and it looks like we are probably seeing faculae from what was AR3011, with the old AR3014 just a little bit further back. The table associated with this map suggests that the centre of this region will not appear on the limb until 10th June.

Howdy 3g!

Perhaps you can clue me in… I would have expected (from my limited knowledge) that around that latitude (21* N), one revolution of the sun should take about 27ish days. I thought AR13014 went out of site on the west limb on or about the 24th of May. Today marks 15 days, so shouldn’t it have reappeared on the eastern limb by now? The tenth would make it like 17 days to transit the other side.

What am I missing here?

Cheers!

Will

PS: is 3g like 3*9.8 m/s/s (32.2 ft/s/s) or does it mean something else?

2 hours ago, WildWill said:

Howdy 3g!

Perhaps you can clue me in… I would have expected (from my limited knowledge) that around that latitude (21* N), one revolution of the sun should take about 27ish days. I thought AR13014 went out of site on the west limb on or about the 24th of May. Today marks 15 days, so shouldn’t it have reappeared on the eastern limb by now? The tenth would make it like 17 days to transit the other side.

What am I missing here?

Cheers!

Will

Hi WildWill,

I agree that a rotation is just over 27 days, but the area we are looking at spans almost 60 degrees of longitude, which means it will take something like 4 days to move across the limb. We know that the centre of AR3014 was located at a Carrington longitude of 104 deg when it left the west limb, and you can see from the map that location is currently about 30 deg from the limb.

I just checked and AR3014 was still recorded on the west limb on 27th May.

As for the 3g, I don't claim to move that fast ! And it has nothing to do with 3g phones. I used to live in a house called Three Gables, so that is where it comes from.🙂

Edited by 3gMike
Added info re exit from west limb

Op 8/6/2022 om 18:22, 3gMike zei:

Question

is it confirmed that AR3030 is old AR3014?

2 hours ago, Patrick P.A. Geryl said:

Question

is it confirmed that AR3030 is old AR3014?

I have not seen it confirmed anywhere. Based on coordinates of AR3030 relative to AR3029 I am inclined to think it is more likely the old AR3011.