Region 3014: biggest AR of the SC!

MinYoongi

The Region seems to be growing rather quick, if im correct? 

Heres a picture of it yesterday :

3014_HMIIF.jpg

and here today: 

3014_HMIIF.jpg

what do you guys think about it? Could it grow more? Is it magnetically complex yet, if no, is there a tendency? Should we keep an eye on this region?

Edited by Orneno

2 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

The Region seems to be growing rather quick, if im correct? 

Heres a picture of it yesterday :

3014_HMIIF.jpg

and here today: 

3014_HMIIF.jpg

what do you guys think about it? Could it grow more? Is it magnetically complex yet, if no, is there a tendency? Should we keep an eye on this region?

Nice development! It’s not really too much more complex, I wouldn’t say it’s heading for BGD, but it’s possible. Definitely one to keep an eye on!

2 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

It is still smaller than it was on last rotation (as AR2993), but is now listed as Beta-Delta, so a good chance for some flares. Last rotation it produced 9 M flares and many C flares. Worth watching.

20 minutes ago, 3gMike said:

It is still smaller than it was on last rotation (as AR2993), but is now listed as Beta-Delta, so a good chance for some flares. Last rotation it produced 9 M flares and many C flares. Worth watching.

Where is it listed as that? 

13 minutes ago, Orneno said:

Wait what, it has a delta?

Ah, I see it’s listed as beta-delta but I personally can’t find a delta 

Where o.o

I mean i talked with @mozy about a possible delta. I can show you in a bit, on phone rn.

Im really REALLY bad at finding deltas. So i suspect one of those? @Orneno 

Screenshot_20220517-002840_Chrome.jpg

I dont really get why it is listed as beta delta because noaa isnt listing it as such and as far as i know swl uses noaa assignments? 

4 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

I think Mozy has found the Delta :) The Blue Portion. Did you look at intensigram too? 

c06818ac1f3c2c5a3e87cbe27a7ff7b2.pngc0129fbac900f2ae5c26c7898f00b1a1.png

It’s kinda really far from the red umbra,  but I guess the penumbral area goes all the way between them, so technically it’s delta 

2 minutes ago, Orneno said:

It’s kinda really far from the red umbra,  but I guess the penumbral area goes all the way between them, so technically it’s delta 

does that make it a weaker delta? or changes anything? 

yeah i thought the same with the umbrae so im so confused lol. but even assa assigned it beta delta now..

1 minute ago, Orneno said:

I don’t know! @Vancanneyt Sander, does a delta spot where the umbra are really far from each other, even though they’re in the same penumbra, mean it’s less complex/likely to flare?

I would think so, closer should mean a much stronger delta compared to what we have now

1 hour ago, mozy said:

I would think so, closer should mean a much stronger delta compared to what we have now

Same, the whole point of a delta is opposite polarities super close together, so if they’re not as close you’d think they’d be less complex/powerful 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Orneno said:

This spot is within the penumbral area of the negative spots to the south of it. image.png.68be118ae6cf922423c62468a5fbf715.png

So "within" doesn't necessarily mean fully engulfed or encircled?  Surrounded on three sides is enough, then?  Or am I missing something?