Huge CME from northeast limb

LunarLights58

40 minutes ago, Orneno said:

They’re comparing sizes between the farside AR and famous old ones like the Halloween storms. 

There’s a phrase “dodged a bullet”, which some people have applied to the magnificent farside CME. LunarLights said this old AR was more than a bullet, it was a bomb (saying it was very powerful).

Ah! I didnt get the relation at first. I should sleep ☺😵💫

1 hour ago, Orneno said:

Están comparando tamaños entre el AR lejano y los antiguos famosos como las tormentas de Halloween. 

Hay una frase "esquivó una bala", que algunas personas han aplicado al magnífico CME del lado lejano . LunarLights dijo que este viejo AR era más que una bala, era una bomba (diciendo que era muy poderosa).

for me it was a class x solar flare between x10 or x5 with a speed of 1300 km per second, but maybe if I had dodged a bullet from a kp8 geomathenic storm

36 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

The CME on the 15th was explosive and powerful. Though compare it to the CME back on July 23rd, 2012 being one of the strongest CMEs ever documented, it was a very narrow CME.

the densest and the fastest because that was the Carriptong

16 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

El evento de Carrington fue en 1859, si tan solo hubiera un mejor equipo para las observaciones en ese entonces.

well it was said that July 23, 2012 was a carriptong cme https://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2014/23jul_superstorm

Edited by Isatsuki San

18 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

Yep! 

I do not know too much things about CME's yet, since i only started my spaceweather journey in solar Minimum around 2019 but I do not think it wouldve been a devastating hit, if it wouldve been aimed at earth. 

0ad0134bea49764a723d0f391117b990.png

I dont know if i should agree with this. Im not experienced enough, but im kinda missing the information as to WHY it wouldve been a bullet and WHY it couldve produced a very strong Geomagnetic storm.

May i ask how you come to that consensus? Just curious :) 

Well i looked at the (available) data of the spacecrafts out there, and given how fast, stong and bright it is i came to that. Dont know if its right or not, its just an assumption🤷‍♂️