More coming?

Sam Warfel
Go to solution Solved by Vancanneyt Sander,

5 minutes ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

Nope, wrong 😜 that’s why you need to check before posting!

Yeah I’m just going to check every time before I post. Sorry about that.

6 minutes ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

told you many times you sometimes don’t need a huge solar flare for a nice CME 😜

Ah my bad. I know that… sometimes I get too excited 👀 

54 minuten geleden, Orneno zei:

Looks like something may be rounding the SE limb. Hopefully it’s not just faculae 🤞

spacer.png

Remember what I’ve said: if there ain’t a lot of activity behind the limb: don’t expect much and nothing to be excited about or to talk about. If plenty happens behind the limb it’s worth to start the buzz.

23 minutes ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

Remember what I’ve said: if there ain’t a lot of activity behind the limb: don’t expect much and nothing to be excited about or to talk about. If plenty happens behind the limb it’s worth to start the buzz.

Sorry. I’m just kinda grasping at straws after the last disappointment of a region that did exactly what you said (throw off big CMEs over the limb), and then still turned out to be a disappointment 😭😆

• Like 1

• Solution
26 minuten geleden, Orneno zei:

Sorry. I’m just kinda grasping at straws after the last disappointment of a region that did exactly what you said (throw off big CMEs over the limb), and then still turned out to be a disappointment 😭😆

As always it’s a waiting game, promising regions will come but maybe not today, tomorrow or the day after.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Sirvegs said:

Looks like we have another AR incoming. It likely already has launched a CME. Lets hope it doesn't decay before comes unto the visible disk like last time.

1439909692_Screenshot2022-01-21213649.png.9ea64d4a858a187e8978d667a0e05116.png1437721499_Screenshot2022-01-21214103.png.fe5ed73de2b0d8806be52c19ad53913f.png

To me that CME looks like it came from below the equator, the bright spot on the STEREO A image is above the equator. My guess is a different AR launched the CME, one we can’t see yet in the incoming image. 

Edited by Orneno

2 hours ago, Sirvegs said:

1437721499_Screenshot2022-01-21214103.png.fe5ed73de2b0d8806be52c19ad53913f.png

This CME was a filament eruption rather than a CME from a solar flare on our side of the solar disk. (not Earth directed though)

The CME seen in the north-northeastern region in SOHO's imagery later on was most likely a filament eruption as well near the northeastern limb of STEREO A's solar imagery.