AR 3637, 3638, 3643

Wolf star
Go to solution Solved by Jesterface23,

And its close neighbor, 3638(image below may reflect the latest entry, not the one at time of writing): synoptic-map.jpg

Worth noting is the degree of separation across latitude, and proximity in longitude. This region is helping stretch the Corona beyond the confines of GOES' field-of-view, along with yet-numbered regions on the far side. Seems to be magnetically robust over yonder, in technical terms.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Christopher Shriver said:

And its close neighbor, 3638(image below may reflect the latest entry, not the one at time of writing): synoptic-map.jpg

Worth noting is the degree of separation across latitude, and proximity in longitude. This region is helping stretch the Corona beyond the confines of GOES' field-of-view, along with yet-numbered regions on the far side. Seems to be magnetically robust over yonder, in technical terms.

There is probably still enough behind the limb at this moment.

Region 3636 developed on the far side. At least what we are seeing now at the limb, either Region 3615 developed more or Region 3637 is new development from the far side. We should see what all is left of 3615 withing the next 48 hours.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Christopher Shriver said:

Something amiss with this diagram… namely TWO AR’s named 3634 😮

2 minutes ago, Justanerd said:

Something amiss with this diagram… namely TWO AR’s named 3634 😮

It will just be a human factor error, south should be 3633.

8 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

Region 3636 developed on the far side. At least what we are seeing now at the limb, either Region 3615 developed more or Region 3637 is new development from the far side. We should see what all is left of 3615 withing the next 48 hours.

With 3615, the greatest activity was in the middle to rear part, so we probably have to wait and see what will be shown over the limb.

28 minutes ago, Justanerd said:

Something amiss with this diagram… namely TWO AR’s named 3634 😮l

I missed that entirely. Sometimes errors occur on synoptics.  One person accidentally uploaded some personal data of theirs.  Probably caused some hilarity and greater caution within SWPC

Really fast & impulsive like the last M-flare, I suspect there's a really small delta we can't quite see properly just yet due to it still being quite close to the limb.

314f6092ee297828c8b4f2d4e71ae5c4.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chris_Wicklund said:

A question. So is this region 3615 but severely broken up? Looks like some boring plage or is there still more beyond the limb we can’t see on intensitygram? 

Well, as you can see even „boring“ seeming regions with a lot of plage can produce bigger flares! I remember seeing an M2 or so from a fully plage region with no sunspots left in 2020. 😀 maybe Mozy is right. 
i do think this is old region 3615 and I don’t think there is much more to come over the limb

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Well, as you can see even „boring“ seeming regions with a lot of plage can produce bigger flares! I remember seeing an M2 or so from a fully plage region with no sunspots left in 2020. 😀 maybe Mozy is right. 
i do think this is old region 3615 and I don’t think there is much more to come over the limb

Difference is you wont see an impulsive fast flare like this from a plage area, so to me It's quite obvious there's a small delta lurking in the leading edge.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

1 minute ago, mozy said:

Difference is you wont see an impulsive fast flare like this from a plage area, so to me It's quite obvious there's a small delta lurking in the leading edge.

I like what you’re saying 😎

This turned into a bit of a cluster. Region 3637 is possibly part of old 3615. Region 3638 is probably a new region in an active area. The certain part of region 3615 should be rotating onto our side of the disk within the next day.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wolf star said:

I don't see Delta anywhere yet. The region seems to be dying.

It's still there, looking even smaller now, not much to talk about, probably will be gone by the end of the day.

ee6256c184eb3b7fe64df8ba8730ff34.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jesterface23 said:

Welp, if region 3637 does end up counting towards all of old 3615, it looks to be all back on our side of the disk now. The old and the new,

image.jpeg.66db282724617e96b341b16e6dd9ee08.jpegimage.jpeg.9964fa84340731dd8097ea7049dad7d7.jpeg

Yes, unfortunately Solar Soft shows zip nada of any significance since the moderate M class. Northern Hemisphere appears to hold more hope presently, I am afraid.  Mike   Edit: I noted that @Landon Moeller had visited my profile, I had heard his name before, but I thought it wasn’t here.  Anyway he is a storm chaser as I used to be before the world wide web in 1992. I wish him luck this tornado season, for certain!  Mike/Hagrid 

Edited by hamateur 1953
Tornadoes on the earth
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jesterface23 said:

Welp, if region 3637 does end up counting towards all of old 3615, it looks to be all back on our side of the disk now. The old and the new,

image.jpeg.66db282724617e96b341b16e6dd9ee08.jpegimage.jpeg.9964fa84340731dd8097ea7049dad7d7.jpeg

Agreed, it's convincing.

4 hours ago, mozy said:

It's still there, looking even smaller now, not much to talk about, probably will be gone by the end of the day.

ee6256c184eb3b7fe64df8ba8730ff34.png

Well, there it is actually.;)

Looking and being able to see are two different things.:rolleyes:

• Cool 1

Does anyone else find it odd that a CH opened in front of (west of) ar3615 and now a CH is opening in front of 3637? 
Do CH’s also rotate and return from the farside or is this a coincidence?

4 minutes ago, Justanerd said:

Does anyone else find it odd that a CH opened in front of (west of) ar3615 and now a CH is opening in front of 3637? 
Do CH’s also rotate and return from the farside or is this a coincidence?

CHs develop in their own ways as well and stay around a similar Carrington coordinate, similar to sunspot regions. You can see the CH HSSs and CIRs being a part of the parker spiral in forecast models. Sometimes CHs are fairly well hidden until they rotate into view as well, unlike sunspots in HMI imagery.

• Like 3