AR 3614

Parabolic
Go to solution Solved by hamateur 1953,

1 minute ago, MinYoongi said:

glancing blow?

Hopefully not. It doesn't seem to be aimed directly at us though.

Region 3615 certainly had an X-Class flare, but it hard to tell if 3614 reached X-Class as well or possibly high end M-Class.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

Thats what i thought too, to me it looked very northward.. i've read somethingabout glancing blow or an edge hit.

11 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

Region 3615 certainly had an X-Class flare, but it hard to tell if 3614 reached X-Class as well or possibly high end M-Class.

That's why I hate when regions flare at the same time 🙄

14 minutes ago, mozy said:

That's why I hate when regions flare at the same time 🙄

i wish there was a possibility to have a form of differenciated measuring instead of full disk measurement.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

Aren't there 2 peaks visible? The first at 01:33 UTC with X1.12 and the second at about 01:44 UTC with X1.03

4 minutes ago, Misaka said:

Aren't there 2 peaks visible? The first at 01:33 UTC with X1.12 and the second at about 01:44 UTC with X1.03

That’s how it appears to me as well 

8 minutes ago, Misaka said:

Region 3615 did happen to have a flare spike in AIA 171 imagery at 01:30:09Z, 01:46:21Z, and 01:51:45Z, along with the flaring that started it all. Multiple areas from that region flared.

4 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

Region 3615 did happen to have a flare spike in AIA 171 imagery at 01:30:09Z, 01:46:21Z, and 01:51:45Z, along with the flaring that started it all. Multiple areas from that region flared.

Very bottom right seemed to have some action at the same time. Sun is feeling spicy today!

MinYoongi:  "i wish there was a possibility to have a form of differenciated measuring instead of full disk measurement."

Sotiris Konstantis:  "let's be grateful for what we have. the technology we have access to for free is insane."

I agree with you both.  Minyoongi's yearning is a key component of any real science, as findings of fact (and the ability to predict) can not be made without accurate verifiable proof of observation, but that desire to fill a guestimation void with reliable data doesn't belie the fact that we currently do have a tremendous insight into many components of the general subject... almost exclusively due to liberal agreements to share current data with a range of scientists and interested lay.  Much progress is made by "wishing for better" education tools.

24 minutes ago, Parabolic said:

There definitely was two peaks but watching SDO you can see AR3614 peaked sooner than AR3615

It aligns with 3615's flaring areas perfectly. It begins at around 01:13Z and keeps flaring until a different area to the west flares at 01:30Z. At around 01:46Z another area sightly southwest of the peak flare occurred flared.

I will add in, at some point between 01:50Z-02:00Z the long duration part of 3614's flare likely began.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

It aligns with 3615's flaring areas perfectly. It begins at around 01:13Z and keeps flaring until a different area to the west flares at 01:30Z. At around 01:46Z another area sightly southwest of the peak flare occurred flared.

I will add in, at some point between 01:50Z-02:00Z the long duration part of 3614's flare likely began.

I think you're right. After going back frame by frame there looks like theres 3 flares at 1:15-1:18 & 1:25. I wonder now if AR3614 only manage a long duration M5+ flare since that would match the first peak in x-ray data.

FLARE11 (2).PNG

FLARE22 (3).PNG

FLARE33 (3).PNG

Edited by Parabolic
Added more information

LASCO imagery looking great for this one. Interesting with the near-simultaneous eruptions, from looking at the 131 Å imagery it looks like a case of sympathetic flaring, but I guess it could be coincidence too, since both regions have been quite active.

• Like 1

Is there any connection between today's strong events and human health? I don't remember the last time I was sick or felt bad, but today I woke up with such a severe headache that I haven't remembered in years, and it continues to this moment from few hours. I know that people sometimes connect these events, but I have never seen scientific literature proving such hypotheses.

Andrew

Edited by AndrewB

1 hour ago, MeteoLatvia said:

Didn't know in which region topic to post, but guess here. Already into S1 - minor space radiation storm, but keeps rising so won't rule out that we will reach S2IMG-20240323-WA0000.thumb.jpg.4942c54dbda5af24b081c4cb786bade4.jpg

Here we go - S2 moderate space radiation storm levels reached. :)Screenshot_20240323_141027_SpaceWeatherLive.jpg.c2769c6d5cc64e8a2db4ca2ac7cc9e07.jpg

• Cool 1

32 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

today I woke up with such a severe headache that I haven't remembered in years, and it continues to this moment from few hours.

I know this exactly as I've experienced it. Sleeping with your neck in a bad position, and possibly having stress on your neck the day before, without knowing it and you wake up with a headache all day long. All you can do is take some medicine for it and maybe lay down to get your neck back in order, or work through it until you go back to sleep.

(And probably not wanting any more medical stuff for the topic)

• Like 1

On 3/22/2024 at 8:52 PM, Jesterface23 said:

Dr. Skov says neither 3615 nor 3614 was an X flare, that instead they were both high M flares, which in combination produced a X-ray flux above X1.  I'm not so sure.

5 hours ago, Drax Spacex said:

Dr. Skov says neither 3615 nor 3614 was an X flare, that instead they were both high M flares, which in combination produced a X-ray flux above X1.  I'm not so sure.

I tend to agree with @Drax Spacexmuch as I like Tamitha. At least earth based instruments are only capable of indicating the highest flux.  I think that distinguishing the exact source is a matter of aperture, and timing. Or am I missing something here?  Not a physics major, by any means.  Haha.  Edit. If this is a quantum physics issue (of course everything is, but..). I guess I have to pay closer attention…😢

I think I have thought of a possibility where it could occur.  If the two event wave frequencies were additive without any destructive waveforms, it could be possible. But that’s as far as my thinking will take me.  Mike.  I sent this to a close friend who teaches physics.  I hope she can find the time to get back to me later.  Mike 

Edited by hamateur 1953
Double slit stuff again
  • Like 2