AR 3614

Parabolic
Go to solution Solved by hamateur 1953,

21 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Hows the region doing? I can still see a very tiny delta but unsure.

Pretty sure you wrote in the wrong thread now :P

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, hamateur 1953 said:

Awesome 

There was a really interesting filament that had been suspended above or nearly above the tiny delta that decayed not too long ago. I'm curious if that has any relationship with the recent large filament eruptions and the slow decaying AR3614 being the main catalyst.

It's apparent that AR3614 is still magnetically intense within the main leader spot since you could see magnetic flux loops stretching all the way to AR3608 fairly often. 

I wonder if this region is what's keeping AR3615 so stable since they are connecting hemispheres. If AR3614 decayed faster, I think we would see more action out of AR3615. There's a lot of interaction between these two regions. In hindsight (hope I used that phrase correctly haha) I think their relationship is what's allowing AR3615 to continue its steady growth along with it's stability. My prediction is we'll see increasing activity out of AR3615 the more AR3614 decays 🙂

ps, I forgot to quote more than just one person in this post haha 

pss, this was one of the only times I had time to type all of my thoughts about this particular subject so I decided to spill all the beans before I forgot once more 😅

Edited by Parabolic
  • Like 2

Seems It's trying to erupt something again.

Edit: Looks like the entire area around the region is lifting off, might be a decent CME.

Edited by mozy
  • Like 2
  • Cool 1

11 minutes ago, mozy said:

Seems It's trying to erupt something again.

Edit: Looks like the entire area around the region is lifting off, might be a decent CME.

It's fascinating how this region keeps flaring in an identical pattern along its boundary line. This would be the third time it flares like this no?

• Like 3

Just now, Parabolic said:

It's fascinating how this region keeps flaring in an identical pattern along its boundary line. This would be the third time it flares like this no?

Yeah, third times the charm, this time it actually looks big compared to the other 2 times.

Already reaching M5+

• Like 1

Just now, MinYoongi said:

Lol woke me up :) 

Was this flare triggered by a filament?

Not sure, everything within the region just started lifting, this CME looks massive, definitely has to have an earth directed component.

• Like 1

Just now, mozy said:

definitely has to have an earth directed component.

Most going to the north again? Suvi is 15 mins behind for me.

Just now, Misaka said:

it looks like something is flying up 😄

1 minute ago, mozy said:

Not sure, everything within the region just started lifting, this CME looks massive, definitely has to have an earth directed component.

It is massive and going every direction 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

Heh, where did I get 31 from.

Redeem yourself this rotation 3614. Give us a fast CME.

Woo, a very nice eruptive event from this flare!

glancing blow?