Region 3186

MinYoongi

24 minuten geleden, MinYoongi zei:

I'm gonna open up a topic then. thought its an alpha spot, seing no delta.. i dont get how it can produce a high m flare

Read comment Solen : major flare possible

Even a tiny sunspot can now flare in a big way because the high solar flux. Also we have 2 the same magnetic poles! What do 2 magnetic poles do?😱

Edited by Patrick P.A. Geryl
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

could it be a lil bit too north for earthdirected cmes?

It definitely could be, but there’s a chance. Look at the SW yesterday, the CME is way above the equator, even though the spot is also south. This spot may be more north than that one was south, but if the other CME could be almost 180 degrees, one here definitely has a good chance, I’d say!

1 hour ago, MinYoongi said:

The delta looks almost unchanged. No flare activity atm. What is keeping the region from flaring?

I don't know, it's weird. I expected to see a major flare from this by now.
Either the shear isn't as strong as we thought, or maybe it's holding it in and building up strength for a really big flare. I have no idea, just got to keep watching and keeping an eye on the delta to see if it's strengthening or weakening.

Just now, Sam Warfel said:

I don't know, it's weird. I expected to see a major flare from this by now.
Either the shear isn't as strong as we thought, or maybe it's holding it in and building up strength for a really big flare. I have no idea, just got to keep watching and keeping an eye on the delta to see if it's strengthening or weakening.

It seems to be diminishing/disappearing if you look at it

May I ask why major flare ? Besides that small delta (only 1, very small) it looks boring to me, or am I missing anything ?

1 minute ago, MinYoongi said:

It seems to be diminishing/disappearing if you look at it

ahh you're quite right, it seems to be dying. That's very disappointing

Some of the delta spots have almost disappeared compared to how they were earlier

Can't watch it any more though, I'm off to bed. Goodnight y'all