Region 3186

MinYoongi

11 minutes ago, mozy said:

This delta is doing its work :)

Yes, another M-Class! I wonder where this region is taking the energy from to blow out "bigger" Flares like that, back to back without time to "recharge". while also having shrinking penumbra which i THOUGHT indicates the sunspots dying.

i suppose its flaring again? @mozy (tell me your secret about the source finding!)

57 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Yes, another M-Class! I wonder where this region is taking the energy from to blow out "bigger" Flares like that, back to back without time to "recharge". while also having shrinking penumbra which i THOUGHT indicates the sunspots dying.

i suppose its flaring again? @mozy (tell me your secret about the source finding!)

The M2.47 slow flare, which produced a lovely type IV radio sweep, was from the region, but the most recent M5 was not

Just now, Orneno said:

The M2.47 slow flare, which produced a lovely type IV radio sweep, was from the region, but the most recent M5 was not

It was slow but not an LDE right? I mean, it was like 20 mins or something. Yeah, the M5 was 3184 😎

The region board reminds me of a lifesavers candy roll now.   Outtasite ( old hippie vernacular sri kids)

43 minutes ago, mozy said:

Looks like the delta is moving closer to the opposite polarities umbrae again, let's see if the increased shear will pop off another one :) 

Yes,  gimme the flux. Put a hold on the cmes until we say go!  😎

Edited by hamateur 1953
doggone iphone
  • Like 1

Background flaring seems to have settled out.  While it’s still moderately high, it’s lost its high amplitude variability.  Quiet before “the big one” ? Or just a gradual spin down in activity as the active regions even out?  I notice, not only the decrease in complexity of 3186, but also a more zonally oriented polarization.  When it first appeared, the magnetic orientation had more of a north-south tilt to it.  I suppose we’ll find out soon enough.