AR 13105

Philalethes

This one looks interesting. Looks complex, and it's already been classified as gamma; prima facie it looks like the spotty area of positive polarity in the middle is sandwiched between two larger spots of negative polarity, and the negative polarity is leading. Perhaps it has something to do with its proximity to the next region that's about to come over the limb, or perhaps not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Philalethes Bythos said:

the spotty area of positive polarity in the middle is sandwiched between two larger spots of negative polarity, and the negative polarity is leading.

Does that make it a delta?

I dont really see it flare much.

But it has been growing. weird.

Hi all

It still looks interesting, this new 13105, and there is more to come around the limb now!
Unfortunately the other part has a much lower latitude, so in case of any CME chances are big
enough to blow all material downwards and passing earth by far as we already often have seen
in this cycle.

Regards, Chris

Source: jsoc.stanford.edu

22-09-20-1-limb.thumb.jpg.f92f96b5c30849edb6b59ba347cebc8e.jpg 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

What exactly does consolidated mean? Im sorry, language barrier. When i try to google the word i find alot about economy and taxes 😅😅

Think “combined” “merged” or more accurately, “pulled together into one place”/“pulled closer together”

Edited by Orneno
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chris, HB9DFG said:

Hi all

It still looks interesting, this new 13105, and there is more to come around the limb now!
Unfortunately the other part has a much lower latitude, so in case of any CME chances are big
enough to blow all material downwards and passing earth by far as we already often have seen
in this cycle.

Regards, Chris

Source: jsoc.stanford.edu

22-09-20-1-limb.thumb.jpg.f92f96b5c30849edb6b59ba347cebc8e.jpg 

Looks like it has now been identified as 3106 and both are now beta.

1 hour ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

This is going to be interesting when all threeAr's come over and are in view...and hopefully they do something. (I'm looking at you AR3105 😑)

At least I want to see if they will do anything interesting...

...yea, but keep in mind, according to this very serious and trustworthy website: Spaceweather.com , earth can easily "dodge" such activities! So dont't expect too much!

🙂                                                                                             

Regards, Chris

Edited by Chris, HB9DFG

12 minutes ago, Chris, HB9DFG said:

...yea, but keep in mind, according to this very serious and trustworthy website: Spaceweather.com , earth can easily "dodge" such activities! So dont't expect too much!

🙂                                                                                             

Regards, Chris

I hope your kidding because that isn’t a very trustworthy site at all. 

(Huh I became a community regulator. Whatever that means lol)

Ok I think your kidding lol

6 hours ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

I hope your kidding because that isn’t a very trustworthy site at all. 

(Huh I became a community regulator. Whatever that means lol)

Ok I think your kidding lol

I don't wanna derail the thread, but that site seems... okay, I guess? I mean, it does kinda seem like all the flares that'd cause some cool aurora really like to happen when they're on the west limb.
Maybe this one will be different?

Bedreamon: don't despair I do believe this region on the E limb just fired off the M1 flare. 

N. 

Screenshot_2022-09-21-17-13-56-1-1.jpg

2 hours ago, Bedreamon said:

I don't wanna derail the thread, but that site seems... okay, I guess? I mean, it does kinda seem like all the flares that'd cause some cool aurora really like to happen when they're on the west limb.
Maybe this one will be different?