Found the most bizarre reasearch paper

MinYoongi

1 hour ago, Philalethes Bythos said:

This mysterious glowing orb seems to be approaching Sol; it must be Allah herself approaching in her spaceship, come to destroy our beloved star and cleanse Earth from all its mortal sins. We're all going to die! Time to panic!

allah.png

Oh no!!!! 😱😱🤯🤯

On 9/8/2022 at 7:53 PM, Drax Spacex said:

The next Artemis I launch test is scheduled for either of September 23 or September 27.  Was NASA not made aware of the scheduling conflict with the foreordained September 23 geomagnetic storm?

Perhaps September 27 would allow sufficient time for the effects of this inevitable geomagnetic storm on September 23 to subside.  This presumes, of course, that the doomsday glacier hasn't detached and inundated the launchpad.

I think the chances are 50/50.  Since there are only two possibilities - either it will happen or it won't happen - the chances of either one happening is 50%.  That's just Statistics 101.

excellent satire! Bravo!! 

• Cool 1

11 hours ago, Faris Badr Abdulrauf said:

Well let me just correct you. We don't actually believe in any “new God”. it's just that the labels for the same one True God that we, Jews, and Christians both believe might differ. But we all belive in the same One True God who is above all.

I know you think that, but from my perspective, and a historical perspective, it's the new kid on the block. Almost all monotheistic religions think/thought their god is the one-true-god. It's a distinct attribute of their absolute world view. 

To me it's just another religion in an arena of religions. Many religions have claimed to be eternal or have an eternal god. I consider eternity itself a flawed idea, especially when so many gods are dead. 

To correct again. We don't consider the Quran to be exactly poetry.

Well, I do, that's why I said it; because its vague. 

You may not believe them and think that they might have been bribed or just think It's only their opinion, right?

History is filled with people claiming to have talked to God and know their intentions. Sun gods, war gods, you name it, there are prophets in every direction. When times change and the language of religious texts doesn't describe the current world, like cell phones, pollution, climate change, etc., the text need to be interpreted, and sects and splits begin. It has happened in every religion, including Islam. It is a symptom of its insufficiency, it's the beginning of the rotting process of religion. 

I know that what I said won't change much but I just wanted to inform you on somethings regarding my faith and give some weight to my view of things.

Thanks, I appreciate your dialog. I read a lot of religious text of all sorts. I have a hard time treating any of them differently. 

And I know that you don’t mean to personally disrespect me but to be honest with you an insult to my faith is even worse. I would be happier if you were to Insult me than my faith. I sure hope your hatred and disrespect for religion lessens. 

My spite seems to sharpen with age, and the more I learn about history. I understand your identity is connected to your religion, it's a common attribute of religious people, but I assure you I still consider you a person and respect you as such.

However, I consider institutions and ideas something worthy of spite and criticism, which I think is required for any degree of progress.