Found the most bizarre reasearch paper

MinYoongi

LMAO Here we have someone predicting a solar storm because of the quran i think? 

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/362826813_On_23_September_2022_Solar_Storm_anticipate_to_strike_the_earth_based_on_Science_and_the_Quran

I've yet to find the "science" he talks about. to me, this is psychotic/religious dooming. Had quite a good laugh! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, MinYoongi said:

LMAO Here we have someone predicting a solar storm because of the quran i think? 

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/362826813_On_23_September_2022_Solar_Storm_anticipate_to_strike_the_earth_based_on_Science_and_the_Quran

I've yet to find the "science" he talks about. to me, this is psychotic/religious dooming. Had quite a good laugh! 

image.jpeg.3f94605e841c55dcc966d00ccb237ef4.jpegTo make this even more interesting, the humongous AR 3088 does come back around by then LOL 😳🤣

29 minutes ago, Landon Moeller said:

image.jpeg.3f94605e841c55dcc966d00ccb237ef4.jpegTo make this even more interesting, the humongous AR 3088 does come back around by then LOL 😳🤣

Do you think theres anything to this paper or is that satire? Im autistic and struggle with that :D 

Yeah the AR is big but alot can happen and we had bigger/similiar ones. Also STIX shows no flare higher than M1 for the past 2 Days. This topic shouldnt be about this though

Just now, MinYoongi said:

Do you think theres anything to this paper or is that satire? Im autistic and struggle with that :D 

Yeah the AR is big but alot can happen and we had bigger/similiar ones. Also STIX shows no flare higher than M1 for the past 2 Days. This topic shouldnt be about this though

like..alot can happen to the AR in 20 days yk?

45 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

like..alot can happen to the AR in 20 days yk?

Complete satire. And yes, been very quiet 👍

3 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

Don't worry, Space capades (Our beautiful Star showing off and dancing leading up to Cycle 25) don't care about religion, they occur and we watch in awe. And it's people like us that will know three days in advance of a possible issue. Please keep it quite, as dependant on your credibility you could be classified as missing the chair that rocks or so far gone that the aliens won't take you either. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

People try and put events into a language they know. Religion is a kind of language, and they will twist/force anything to be included in the current events. 

Science is the same as magic to many people. 

• Like 3

Whatever caused that full halo farside eruption today will be on Earth-facing side around that date, 2022-09-23.

I'll set an alarm for 05:00 UTC so I can microwave some popcorn ahead of time. 

Deer Popcorn GIF

"Therefore the soul holds itself off from a too trivial and microscopic study of the universal tablet.  It respects the end too much, to immerse itself in the means.  No man is its enemy.  It accepts whatsoever befalls, as part of its lesson.  It is a watcher more than a doer, and it is a doer, only that it may the better watch."
- from "Nature" by Ralph Waldo Emerson

Edited by Drax Spacex
waxing philosophical
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Drax Spacex said:

Whatever caused that full halo farside eruption today will be on Earth-facing side around that date, 2022-09-23.

I'll set an alarm for 05:00 UTC so I can microwave some popcorn ahead of time. 

Deer Popcorn GIF

"Therefore the soul holds itself off from a too trivial and microscopic study of the universal tablet.  It respects the end too much, to immerse itself in the means.  No man is its enemy.  It accepts whatsoever befalls, as part of its lesson.  It is a watcher more than a doer, and it is a doer, only that it may the better watch."
- from "Nature" by Ralph Waldo Emerson

Really? i think that study is bs.. (or am i not getting sarcasm?) :D and the CME is not fast..

You just know the YT Space Weather channels are already talking about this study. Thank goodness I have blockers in place to keep me away from them since I'm so anxiety-prone, though it's really hard to ignore the temptation to look even though it'll lead to me dooming. I think there was some prediction for June 2021 that made me worry incessantly, despite it coming from some random Twitter account.
Is this guy seriously using the Quran for this 'study'? I have nothing against religious people, but using that for predicting stuff rarely works and usually results in people laughing at you.

Edited by Bedreamon
  • Like 2

On 9/2/2022 at 10:08 PM, Landon Moeller said:

Also, this will absolutely be used by those channels and social media users to give credence to the 'study', even though there have been big sunspots that only started flaring after they went behind the limb.

Edited by Bedreamon

Sorry for bringing this post back, but this is even stupider than I thought. His other paper about this actually, possibly unironically, says the storm will happen at "about 5:07 UTC", and the paper has in its title, "based on Science and the Quran." 😂

I'm sorry, but this is too absurd to not make fun of and/or call out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’ve seen a lot of rather strange predictions made by biblical scholars. Personally, I believe that science can tell us what happened 300 million years after the Big Bang. The Bible can tell you what happened the five days before the Big Bang and the day after (God rested). I wouldn’t like for anyone to make fun of my beliefs, even if they sound ridiculous to them. As in “God created the universe…” 

Of course, we’ll all see if all that stud’n up on da Koran paid off… I wonder, do they got ta keep der dang heads if’n thar wrong? Stay tuned for an update on the 23 September…  which incidentally co-insides with the third and final show in NYC of Blue Oyster Cult on “their final tour”!

WnAK

23 hours ago, Bedreamon said:

Sorry for bringing this post back, but this is even stupider than I thought. His other paper about this actually, possibly unironically, says the storm will happen at "about 5:07 UTC", and the paper has in its title, "based on Science and the Quran." 😂

I'm sorry, but this is too absurd to not make fun of and/or call out.

Whatcha expect from Researchgate.com? Peer reviewed articles. Nope, ya find Mosta them elsewheres an ya gotsta pay fer ‘em! 
Even so, it’s not nice to make fun of someone’s beliefs, in my opinion. Not to be confused with the opinion of any other living organism past, present or future. My lawyer wanted a bigger disclaimer, but I cut him off. 

Just remember, every word on every post that you make here will be recorded and saved for all time. Even if SWL no longer exists, it’ll still be available in 20 years.
 I remember when silly people thought email was not permanent!  Rolflmao.

On 9/2/2022 at 6:34 PM, MinYoongi said:

I'm going to read this to see how stupid this is 🤣🤣😂

Ok, already off the bat pretty stupid..

"our anticipation that an intense CME would impact earth at the Sun at Zenith on 23 September 2022, about 5:07 UTC." 🤣🤣🤣 what. 

Ok this dude is stupid

Sam Warfel
This post was recognized by Sam Warfel!

"Great math."

Drax Spacex was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 20 points.

The next Artemis I launch test is scheduled for either of September 23 or September 27.  Was NASA not made aware of the scheduling conflict with the foreordained September 23 geomagnetic storm?

Perhaps September 27 would allow sufficient time for the effects of this inevitable geomagnetic storm on September 23 to subside.  This presumes, of course, that the doomsday glacier hasn't detached and inundated the launchpad.

I think the chances are 50/50.  Since there are only two possibilities - either it will happen or it won't happen - the chances of either one happening is 50%.  That's just Statistics 101.

Edited by Drax Spacex
spelling
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Drax Spacex said:

The next Artemis I launch test is scheduled for either of September 23 or September 27.  Was NASA not made aware of the scheduling conflict with the foreordained September 23 geomagnetic storm?

Perhaps September 27 would allow sufficient time for the effects of this inevitable geomagnetic storm on September 23 to subside.  This presumes, of course, that the doomsday glacier hasn't detached and inundated the launchpad.

I think the chances are 50/50.  Since there are only two possibilities - either it will happen or it won't happen - the chances of either one happening is 50%.  That's just Statistics 101.

I hope this is sarcasm, lol! hahaha , i forgot about the artemis thing.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Drax Spacex said:

Wait, the next launch is late September? We better tell NASA about this prediction then before it's too late! 😱/s

5 hours ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

I do hate that people are falling for this crap…

Will be very interesting weeks to come… 🙈 

"Will be very interesting weeks to come… 🙈 "

Do you mean because of the nutjobs believing in this? If yes, I agree. 

Oh boy. Sometimes I want to use swearwords here. :D I literally can feel my brain rot reading this.

• Haha 1