Found the most bizarre reasearch paper

MinYoongi

4 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

"Will be very interesting weeks to come… 🙈 "

Do you mean because of the nutjobs believing in this? If yes, I agree. 

Oh boy. Sometimes I want to use swearwords here. :D I literally can feel my brain rot reading this.

Exactly. That's why I'm not going to read it.

There's an epidemic of stupidity these days. Maybe it's contagious. Why take the risk?  😉

• Like 2

Well some good news - NASA has deferred to the experts and rescheduled the next Artemis launch attempt to September 27 with a backup date of October 2.  The inquiring mind may wonder whether this rescheduling was to avoid the prognosticated inexorable, unavoidable, inescapable geomagnetic storm on the 23rd or because they fixed the hydrogen leak. 🤔

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Drax Spacex said:

Well some good news - NASA has deferred to the experts and rescheduled the next Artemis launch attempt to September 27 with a backup date of October 2.  The inquiring mind may wonder whether this rescheduling was to avoid the prognosticated inexorable, unavoidable, inescapable geomagnetic storm on the 23rd or because they fixed the hydrogen leak. 🤔

Lol good one Drax Spacex. Only time will tell, my tin hat is due to arrive on the 22nd! 

The Tinman jk

N.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Mogh, Lord of Blood said:

I've Heard about the work of this person like what something really dangerous about the Sun was to happen to us at thé date of 23 september or 24, is it true ? 

Something similar has already been addressed on this forum. There is no substance to it. It is not true. 

I believe the word is fearmongering! 

Newbie.

Edited by Newbie
  • Like 3

Well, I assume 5:07 means 05:07, so I guess we'll find out in ~11 hours whether this prediction is true or not.

5 hours ago, Mogh, Lord of Blood said:

I've Heard about the work of this person like what something really dangerous about the Sun was to happen to us at thé date of 23 september or 24, is it true ? 

Actually, I divined the exact date and time using some tea leaves, a tarot deck, and a copy of the I Ching, and I believe it will occur exactly at 13:37 (NPT) on September 31.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Faris Badr Abdulrauf said:

Hello everyone, I just registered. Honestly as a Muslim myself I feel like the claim that the Quran supports the fact that a "Carrington-like" Solar storm is gonna strike earth at September 23 is probably too far fetched.

Of course it is.

Same with many religions, if you pay attention you will see christians for an example make predictions about the world ending and such scenarios pretty often. Some people will always use religion and religios books like the quran,the bible or the tora or whatever else there is to support their weird theories. 

16 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Of course it is.

Same with many religions, if you pay attention you will see christians for an example make predictions about the world ending and such scenarios pretty often. Some people will always use religion and religios books like the quran,the bible or the tora or whatever else there is to support their weird theories. 

Yeah its a sad reality and these things can create a bad image surrounding religion and religious believers. They almost always exaggerate everything. its best to say "God knows best". I mean I am not against theories like these though I think that we should be open minded and think that we can always be wrong about our deductions and conclusions and that in the end we are not perfect. Everyone is bound to make mistakes.

So as regards to the Solar storm on September 23. There might not be a Big G5 storm tomorrow but there will be a small G1 storm according to this article 

https://tech.hindustantimes.com/tech/news/alert-furious-solar-winds-to-cause-solar-storm-on-earth-tomorrow-this-is-what-can-happen-71663853522336.html

its not really something to worry about but I am always on the look-out for a major one

Edited by Faris Badr Abdulrauf
  • Like 1

owes my honest opinion, that theory of september 23 seems absurd to me even with the book of the koran, I was reading the article and I don't see anything that makes sense, even with a word like [tazāwaru that says it's the address of imf, I mean that?, I just set an alarm at 5:00 and I'll drink a little water to see, how slowly this theory fails

3 hours ago, Faris Badr Abdulrauf said:

Hello everyone, I just registered. Honestly as a Muslim myself I feel like the claim that the Quran supports the fact that a "Carrington-like" Solar storm is gonna strike earth at September 23 is probably too far fetched.

Yeah, thats because it's bs. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Faris Badr Abdulrauf said:

Yeah its a sad reality and these things can create a bad image surrounding religion and religious believers.

Solar guesswork is not what makes religious people or religion look bad. Superstition is common, its mainly the acts of oppression, violence, and willful ignorance that give religion a bad name, at least in my opinion. 

5 hours ago, Faris Badr Abdulrauf said:

Everyone is bound to make mistakes.

Even god... :)

Edited by Archmonoth

5 hours ago, Archmonoth said:

Even god... :)

Is that supposed to be a Joke?

the problem with these theories is that they are mostly not based on proper evidence and correct interpretations.

Of course I do believe that the Quran is 100% true. The issue is when people interpret it in way that the past traditional scholars haven’t. Because if you didn’t know we Muslims also depend on the “Hadiths” to interpret the Quran (though I am not sure about Christians or Jews). The Quran and Authentic hadith narrations complement Each other. But only the Quran is the pure word of God.

So I don’t believe anything contradicts the knowledge but it’s just that some people assume things and impose their own views on the Quran and they don’t let it speak for itself.
For example, muslims sometimes say that Quran mentioned a scientific fact which wasn’t known at the time. But then scientists reject that fact and replace it with something else. Does meant that the Quran is wrong just because of that? Of course not, but it’s because Muslims sometimes “assume” that this is what it means.

But I certainly do Believe that God’s knowledge is perfect!

Look that wasn't nessecarry if you want to say something like that this is not the place for it, alright?

Also I am sure that I am not the only one here who would find that unpleasant. And IF you don't believe in God then it wouldn't even make sense to even say such a thing 🙂

There are hits and there are misses.  We are now past the 2022-09-23 0507 UT deadline.  The estimated 3-hour planetary Kp index for 23 Sept 03h-06h UT was Kp1.  This prediction was clearly a miss.  Surprise!  What to try next?

Perhaps it's time to stop searching for novel ways of interpreting omens and practicing divination.  Just stick to the basics:  tarot cards, zodiacs, augury, and haruspicy.

Or stop altogether.

Edited by Drax Spacex
Kp index for 23 Sept 03h-06h UT was Kp1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Drax Spacex said:

There are hits and there are misses.  We are now past the 2022-09-23 0507 UT deadline.  We are currently at Kp3, and this prediction was clearly a miss.   Surprise!  What to try next?

Perhaps it's time to stop searching for novel ways of interpreting omens and practicing divination.  Just stick to the basics:  tarot cards, zodiacs, augury, and haruspicy.

Or stop altogether.

.... and can you believe the threat was reported on mainstream news sites in Australia? Where to from here?

N.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Faris Badr Abdulrauf said:

Is that supposed to be a Joke?

Of course, it's a joke. 

Of course I do believe that the Quran is 100% true.

I don't doubt your faith. 

The issue is when people interpret it in way that the past traditional scholars haven’t.

Well, most religions are insufficient to describe anything contemporary. Absolute world views tend to be crack and shatter when times change. 

Because if you didn’t know we Muslims also depend on the “Hadiths” to interpret the Quran (though I am not sure about Christians or Jews). The Quran and Authentic hadith narrations complement Each other. But only the Quran is the pure word of God.

A new god, among countless dead gods. Times will change and the words will smear into the pages of history and become irrelevant just like countless religions. 

So I don’t believe anything contradicts the knowledge but it’s just that some people assume things and impose their own views on the Quran and they don’t let it speak for itself. 

I've read it, I know the pillars of Islam, and the poetry is rather vague and flowerily for my tastes. 

For example, muslims sometimes say that Quran mentioned a scientific fact which wasn’t known at the time.

Religion can't update its unchanging world view fast enough to keep up with the world. 

But then scientists reject that fact and replace it with something else. Does meant that the Quran is wrong just because of that? Of course not, but it’s because Muslims sometimes “assume” that this is what it means.

Well, the Quaran is vague enough to be true, if you blur the words enough. 

Look that wasn't nessecarry if you want to say something like that this is not the place for it, alright? 

The beginning post was mocking/laughing at the silly connection between a vague religious text/idea and solar activity. Saying God makes mistakes too, is meant to be blasphemous in the same way. 

Also I am sure that I am not the only one here who would find that unpleasant. And IF you don't believe in God then it wouldn't even make sense to even say such a thing 🙂

People used to worship the Sun a thousand years before Islam. Gods can exist all you want, I don't care, they aren't divine to me, and I enjoy mocking such divinity. As I've said before, the history of religion has been an example of ignorance, violence, and oppression. 

Not everyone takes religion seriously. However, I mean no personal disrespect to you, I just have no love or respect for religion.

Edited by Archmonoth
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Archmonoth said:

Of course, it's a joke. 

I don't doubt your faith. 

Well, most religions are insufficient to describe anything contemporary. Absolute world views tend to be crack and shatter when times change. 

A new god, among countless dead gods. Times will change and the words will smear into the pages of history and become irrelevant just like countless religions. 

I've read it, I know the pillars of Islam, and the poetry is rather vague and flowerily for my tastes. 

Religion can't update its unchanging world view fast enough to keep up with the world. 

Well, the Quaran is vague enough to be true, if you blur the words enough. 

The beginning post was mocking/laughing at the silly connection between a vague religious text/idea and solar activity. Saying God makes mistakes too, is meant to be blasphemous in the same way. 

People used to worship the Sun a thousand years before Islam. Gods can exist all you want, I don't care, they aren't divine to me, and I enjoy mocking such divinity. As I've said before, the history of religion has been an example of ignorance, violence, and oppression. 

Not everyone takes religion seriously. However, I mean no personal disrespect to you, I just have no love or respect for religion.

Well let me just correct you. We don't actually believe in any “new God”. it's just that the labels for the same one True God that we, Jews, and Christians both believe might differ. But we all belive in the same One True God who is above all.

As for the Quran being Vague sometimes there are verses in the Quran which can be unambiguous and actually the Quran speaks of these

He is the One Who has revealed to you ˹O Prophet˺ the Book, of which some verses are precise—they are the foundation of the Book—while others are elusive.1 Those with deviant hearts follow the elusive verses seeking ˹to spread˺ doubt through their ˹false˺ interpretations—but none grasps their ˹full˺ meaning except Allah. As for those well-grounded in knowledge, they say, “We believe in this ˹Quran˺—it is all from our Lord.” But none will be mindful ˹of this˺ except people of reason.

But still in Islam we are strict when it comes to inteprreting the Quran. Not anyone can say I think it means this. And There are certain criteria used when interpreting verses. And yes even though some verses can have interpretations which might make them seem vague but at the same time the Arabic language is very precise when describing something. The tiniest change in something that you might not even notice could change the meaning. But in English the meanings don't display their full potential. Of course you could ask me then why is Arabic the language of the Quran and why God didn't choose any other language, right?

To correct again. We don't consider the Quran to be exactly poetry. It's mean to be a different genre of speech. And get it, many people don't feel like the “inimitabilty” argument is convincing (especially scientists) but insights from the testimonies of those who studied it deeply (especially those studied Arabic) show that there is indeed something special about it.

You may not believe them and think that they might have been bribed or just think It's only their opinion, right?

I know that what I said won't change much but I just wanted to inform you on somethings regarding my faith and give some weight to my view of things.

And I know that you don’t mean to personally disrespect me but to be honest with you an insult to my faith is even worse. I would be happier if you were to Insult me than my faith. I sure hope your hatred and disrespect for religion lessens.