Place sunspot June 7

Patrick P.A. Geryl

It is quite easy to understand the principle that an electromagnetic emission is behind sunspot formation.

1. Imagine that we built a billion megaton nuclear weapon on Earth.

2. Voyager sends a signal from Pluto.

3. The bomb is activated.

4. Our civilization evaporates.

Sunspots have the same mechanism. Wow. Hard to understand.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Patrick P.A. Geryl said:

It is quite easy to understand the principle that an electromagnetic emission is behind sunspot formation.

Now it's getting weird!

Great plot for a sci-fi movie, Pat. but didn't Star Wars already do this? 

Edited by Newbie
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Patrick P.A. Geryl said:

This is an assertion via analogy. Pluto isn't sending emissions to the Sun. It does however read like a Haiku

Voyager is small,

Throwing out Armageddon,

The Earth waves goodbye.

Pluto has no voice,

Cold orbits for little moons,

Antagonizing. 

Forget all the rocks, 

Cold Stones with similar mass,

Unseen and nameless.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

I had a question regarding this.

Voyager got to where the heliopause ends right? Somewhere around Pluto or end of our solar system? Where cosmic radiation kicks up and solar winds go down?

Just wondering if our heliopause is pointing in a direction like the earths magnetosphere and what direction that would be towards? I assumed most cosmic radiation originated from the center of our galaxy so our heliopause should be pointing towards Sagittarius and the tail in the opposite direction. Trying to understand how the solar cycle and activity on earth might be affected by what part of the heliosphere we are passing through with respect to the direction of the center of the galaxy.

Also, I was wondering if the Chernobyl disaster had anything to do with enhance cosmic radiation in 1986 from  being in a solar minimum. Do cadmium neutron absorbers and serpentinite shields only absorb and deflect so radiation much during solar minimums?

last question.. don’t we get radio signals from planets? I thought I heard something from Jupiter recently.

sorry this brought up more tantalizing questions than poetry for me! 

1 hour ago, Bry said:

Voyager got to where the heliopause ends right? Somewhere around Pluto or end of our solar system? Where cosmic radiation kicks up and solar winds go down?

Voyager is quite a bit beyond Pluto. 

Pluto is 39 AU away at its furthest. Voyager is 69 AUs away, US=150million Kilometers (93 million miles) 

I think Voyager is in the interstellar medium, or the ort cloud, outside of the Heliopause.  

1 hour ago, Bry said:

Just wondering if our heliopause is pointing in a direction like the earths magnetosphere and what direction that would be towards? I assumed most cosmic radiation originated from the center of our galaxy so our heliopause should be pointing towards Sagittarius and the tail in the opposite direction. Trying to understand how the solar cycle and activity on earth might be affected by what part of the heliosphere we are passing through with respect to the direction of the center of the galaxy.

Here is the wiki on the heliopause with scales for distances: Heliosphere - Wikipedia

The link says the Helio tail is 4 leaf clover shaped (by interstellar winds) rather than a tail like a comet. 

"The shape of the heliotail (newly found by NASA's Interstellar Boundary Explorer – IBEX), is that of a four-leaf clover"

1 hour ago, Bry said:

Also, I was wondering if the Chernobyl disaster had anything to do with enhance cosmic radiation in 1986 from  being in a solar minimum. Do cadmium neutron absorbers and serpentinite shields only absorb and deflect so radiation much during solar minimums?

I would guess that Chernobyl had nothing to do with cosmic radiation in 1986. Radiation decreases by 1/2 every time the distance doubles, and the radiation from Chernobyl has a 2600KM ^2 area (about 1k square miles) which is still irradiated. When the event happened, nearby countries were impacted differently from contamination on the wind. (Dust and clouds)

1 hour ago, Bry said:

last question.. don’t we get radio signals from planets? I thought I heard something from Jupiter recently.

We do get radio signals from Jupiter! This is from all sorts of cool interactions with Jupiter and its moons. Io being the largest contributor to the signal. Here is a great link describing this: Jupiter - Europa | Britannica

The Earth also emits radio signals, and neither Jupiter nor Earth's signals seem to have any effect on the solar cycles or sunspots. 

Edited by Archmonoth

Thanks for entertaining my questions, I appreciate! I have no sense of humor as well, lol. My main question is at the bottom in underlined bold regarding solar barycenters and the sun cycle, sorry for the length ahead of time.

I am still confused about how the suns barycenter can be affected by planets if the inverse square law says otherwise (gravitational influence, and magnetic signal propogation included)  Does the mass of a planet matter more than distance to affect the suns center of gravity?  It seems like Jupiter has a large enough mass and sufficient distance from the sun to move the suns barycenter to the surface of the sun, and alter its own orbit. Makes me wonder how the barycenter of the sun influences sunspot activity and where it is on the surface of the sun right now considering where Jupiter is?

Thanks for the wiki links on the heliosphere, I need a more basic understanding of our solar systems place in our galaxy as I don't often look outside our solar system for solar influences. I was asking what direction our heliosphere is generally pointed towards because at the bottom of the 2nd paragraph on the wiki page it states:

"The overall shape of the heliosphere resembles that of a comet; being roughly spherical on one side, with a long trailing tail opposite, known as "heliotail".

And depicts a picture of a comet, coma like tail, so forgive me for thinking otherwise!

PIA22835-VoyagerProgram&Heliosphere-Chart-20181210.png

I found on the page you mentioned where they talk about the four leaf clover shape on the heliotail, which is awesome! And still implies a direction to me!

Heliotail wiki:

"The heliotail is the tail of the heliosphere, and thus the Solar System's tail. It can be compared to the tail of a comet (however, a comet's tail does not stretch behind it as it moves; it is always pointing away from the Sun). The tail is a region where the Sun's solar wind slows down and ultimately escapes the heliosphere, slowly evaporating because of charge exchange.[52] The shape of the heliotail (newly found by NASA's Interstellar Boundary Explorer – IBEX), is that of a four-leaf clover.[53] The particles in the tail do not shine, therefore it cannot be seen with conventional optical instruments. IBEX made the first observations of the heliotail by measuring the energy of "energetic neutral atoms", neutral particles created by collisions in the Solar System's boundary zone.[53]

The tail has been shown to contain fast and slow particles; the slow particles are on the side and the fast particles are encompassed in the center. The shape of the tail can be linked to the Sun sending out fast solar winds near its poles and slow solar wind near its equator more recently. The clover-shaped tail moves further away from the Sun, which makes the charged particles begin to morph into a new orientation."

Here is another suggestion at a different layer (heliopause) that indicates heliosphere directionality:

"Another hypothesis suggests that the heliopause could be smaller on the side of the Solar System facing the Sun's orbital motion through the galaxy. It may also vary depending on the current velocity of the solar wind and the local density of the interstellar medium. It is known to lie far outside the orbit of Neptune."

And here are two quotes indicating no comet like tail or bowshock due to lack of sufficient energy:

"It was previously thought that, once subsonic, the solar wind would be shaped by the ambient flow of the interstellar medium, forming blunt nose on one side and comet-like heliotail behind, a region called the heliosheath. However, observations in 2009 showed that this model is incorrect.[29][30] As of 2011, it is thought to be filled with a magnetic bubble "foam".[31]

"In theory, the heliopause causes turbulence in the interstellar medium as the Sun orbits the Galactic Center. Outside the heliopause, would be a turbulent region caused by the pressure of the advancing heliopause against the interstellar medium. However, the velocity of solar wind relative to the interstellar medium is probably too low for a bow shock."[8]

So now I am confused as to whether or not our heliosphere has a general direction towards the galactic center and incoming interstellar winds because at the very beginning of the page they state under heliosphere structure:

"Despite its name, the heliosphere's shape is not a perfect sphere.[7] Its shape is determined by three factors: the interstellar medium (ISM), the solar wind, and the overall motion of the Sun and heliosphere as it passes through the ISM. Because the solar wind and the ISM are both fluids, the heliosphere's shape and size are also fluid. Changes in the solar wind, however, more strongly alter the fluctuating position of the boundaries on short timescales (hours to a few years). The solar wind's pressure varies far more rapidly than the outside pressure of the ISM at any given location. In particular, the effect of the 11-year solar cycle, which sees a distinct maximum and minimum of solar wind activity, is thought to be significant.

On a broader scale, the motion of the heliosphere through the fluid medium of the ISM results in an overall comet-like shape. The solar wind plasma which is moving roughly "upstream" (in the same direction as the Sun's motion through the galaxy) is compressed into a nearly-spherical form, whereas the plasma moving "downstream" (opposite the Sun's motion) flows out for a much greater distance before giving way to the ISM, defining the long, trailing shape of the heliotail.

The limited data available and unexplored nature of these structures have resulted in many theories as to their form.[23] In 2020, Merav Opher led the team of researchers who determined that the shape of the heliosphere is a crescent[24] that can be described as a deflated croissant.[25][26] "

And with that I'm going to assume the tail of this "deflated croissant" is composed of magnetic bubbles but has an overall direction in the "same direction as the suns motion through the galaxy, about the galactic center.

Here they mention Jupiters influence on the heliosphere and how much bigger its magnetosphere is than earths!:

"Pioneer 10 was launched in March 1972, and within 10 hours passed by the Moon; over the next 35 years or so the mission would be the first out, laying out many firsts of discoveries about the nature of heliosphere as well as Jupiter's impact on it.[14] Pioneer 10 was the first spacecraft to detect sodium and aluminum ions in the solar wind, as well as helium in the inner Solar System.[14] In November 1972, Pioneer 10 encountered Jupiter's enormous (compared to Earth) magnetosphere, and would pass in and out of it and heliosphere 17 times charting its interaction with the solar wind.[14] "

And here is my final quote from the page I want to share to understand what direction most of the instellar medium and cosmic radiation is coming from. Sounds like it is probably a combined effect of our galactic core and outside of it moving the center of force to be near the constellation scorpius, and opposite direction seems to be towards Orion, which makes sense since we are on that galactic arm.

"The heliopause is the final known boundary between the heliosphere and the interstellar space that is filled with material, especially plasma, not from the Earth's own star, the Sun, but from other stars.[56] Even so, just outside the heliosphere (i.e. the "solar bubble") there is a transitional region, as detected by Voyager 1.[57] Just as some interstellar pressure was detected as early as 2004, some of the Sun's material seeps into the interstellar medium.[57] The heliosphere is thought to reside in the Local Interstellar Cloud inside the Local Bubble, which is a region in the Orion Arm of the Milky Way Galaxy.

Outside the heliosphere there is a forty-fold increase in plasma density.[57] There is also a radical reduction in the detection of certain types of particles from the Sun, and a large increase in galactic cosmic rays.[58]

The flow of the interstellar medium (ISM) into the heliosphere has been measured by at least 11 different spacecraft as of 2013.[59] By 2013, it was suspected that the direction of the flow had changed over time.[59] The flow, coming from Earth's perspective from the constellation Scorpius, has probably changed direction by several degrees since the 1970s.[59]"

Anyways, the point I'm trying to make is:

Assuming: 

1. the solar barycenter is influenced in direction of jupiter

2. the heliosphere has a direction towards the galactic center and incoming interstellar winds

Wouldn't it mean that when Jupiter is on the side of the solar system closest to the galactic center and interstellar medium (Scorpius, Sagittarius, etc.) it would indicate a time of solar minimum and associated enhanced cosmic radiation?

Likewise, the opposite should be true as well: When Jupiter is farthest from the galactic center and interstallar medium (constellation Orion) it would indicate a time of solar maximum, lower cosmic radiation

This is what I have found looking at jupiters position on solar system scope for every maximum and minimum it seems to be oriented towards our galactic core during solar minimums and towards orion during maximums.

I am unsure of the direct correlation of the suns center of gravity and its sunspot activity, but it seems knowing the barycenter of the sun right now would maybe indicate how much of an effect Jupiter seems to have on sunspot activity if it is pulling the suns center of gravity that way.

I'm sorry it took me this long to write such a simple question, i know you all can read a wiki page, i just quoted for accurate discussion purposes. And it helps me organize new topics in my brain. Thank you to anyone who made it this far and still wants to answer my question regarding solar barycenter location and sun cycle.

2 hours ago, Bry said:

Thanks for entertaining my questions, I appreciate! I have no sense of humor as well, lol. My main question is at the bottom in underlined bold regarding solar barycenters and the sun cycle, sorry for the length ahead of time.

No worries I'll do my best to answer. I am only an enthusiast and not an expert on these ideas. 

2 hours ago, Bry said:

I am still confused about how the suns barycenter can be affected by planets if the inverse square law says otherwise (gravitational influence, and magnetic signal propogation included)  Does the mass of a planet matter more than distance to affect the suns center of gravity?  It seems like Jupiter has a large enough mass and sufficient distance from the sun to move the suns barycenter to the surface of the sun, and alter its own orbit. Makes me wonder how the barycenter of the sun influences sunspot activity and where it is on the surface of the sun right now considering where Jupiter is?

Mass is radiant, which is to say that it doesn't matter where are aligned in the solar system, because their mass will push and pull in equivalent directions, but at different times. 

Here is a link showing the gravitational mass effects of Jupiter, Saturn, the Earth etc. on the motion and shape of the barycenter. Microsoft Word - solarsystem_barycenter.doc (wmich.edu)

You will notice that without Jupiter, the Sun makes a 3-leaf shape, and Jupiter is responsible for the majority of the wobble in the barycenter.

How does this affect sunspots? It pushes and pulls the Sun around, and the disruption via conservation of mass and energy can shake the whole "ball of fire" around potentially causing explosions, or starting/stopping solar cycles, I'm not exactly sure the mechanism, but there seems to be a connection. (From the past links posted) The interior of the sun is the cause of sunspots and flares and such, which is determined by the ratios of hydrogen/helium etc. within the Sun, like a wood fire, if you burn cedar or pine you will get pops from the wood being combusted. This is a crude analogy but perhaps this helps. 

2 hours ago, Bry said:

Thanks for the wiki links on the heliosphere, I need a more basic understanding of our solar systems place in our galaxy as I don't often look outside our solar system for solar influences. I was asking what direction our heliosphere is generally pointed towards because at the bottom of the 2nd paragraph on the wiki page it states:

"The overall shape of the heliosphere resembles that of a comet; being roughly spherical on one side, with a long trailing tail opposite, known as "heliotail".

And depicts a picture of a comet, coma like tail, so forgive me for thinking otherwise!

Yeah, many of the images are artist descriptions not to-scale or accurate, so it is understandable. 

2 hours ago, Bry said:

I found on the page you mentioned where they talk about the four leaf clover shape on the heliotail, which is awesome! And still implies a direction to me!

Yeah, perhaps the images from the barycenter help in visualizing an osculation with 4 leaves. 

2 hours ago, Bry said:

And with that I'm going to assume the tail of this "deflated croissant" is composed of magnetic bubbles but has an overall direction in the "same direction as the suns motion through the galaxy, about the galactic center.

That seems reasonable to me, but I don't know for sure. 

2 hours ago, Bry said:

Anyways, the point I'm trying to make is:

Assuming: 

1. the solar barycenter is influenced in direction of jupiter

2. the heliosphere has a direction towards the galactic center and incoming interstellar winds

Wouldn't it mean that when Jupiter is on the side of the solar system closest to the galactic center and interstellar medium (Scorpius, Sagittarius, etc.) it would indicate a time of solar minimum and associated enhanced cosmic radiation?

Likewise, the opposite should be true as well: When Jupiter is farthest from the galactic center and interstallar medium (constellation Orion) it would indicate a time of solar maximum, lower cosmic radiation

This is what I have found looking at jupiters position on solar system scope for every maximum and minimum it seems to be oriented towards our galactic core during solar minimums and towards orion during maximums.

I am unsure of the direct correlation of the suns center of gravity and its sunspot activity, but it seems knowing the barycenter of the sun right now would maybe indicate how much of an effect Jupiter seems to have on sunspot activity if it is pulling the suns center of gravity that way.

I'm sorry it took me this long to write such a simple question, i know you all can read a wiki page, i just quoted for accurate discussion purposes. And it helps me organize new topics in my brain. Thank you to anyone who made it this far and still wants to answer my question regarding solar barycenter location and sun cycle.

I'm not sure what the correlation of Jupiter's position to the solar min/max and the galactic center is, this is a good question. I'll have to reply later after reading more. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bry said:

Here are the times when Jupiter was in Sagittarius (between the sun and the galactic core/center):

JUPITER IN SAGITTARIUS DATES
December 25, 1982 - January 19, 1984
December 9, 1994 - January 3, 1996
November 23, 2006 - December 18, 2007
November 8, 2018 - December 2, 2019
October 22, 2030 - November 15, 2031

Here are the start times of solar cycles:

Solar cycle 22: 1986-09

Solar cycle 23: 1996-08

Solar cycle 24: 2008-12

Solar cycle 25: 2019-12

Some of the dates seem close or within range, 2/4 so probably no connection, especially since Jupiter stays within Sagittarius for 1-2 years. This is just my guess. 

5 hours ago, Bry said:

A galactic year is about 240 million years, so our data is rather insufficient for seeing the difference in solar activity from our position moving around in the galaxy. 

• Thanks 1

Back to the thread

Is the sunspot already there?

I do see a small sunspot forming in the northern hemisphere. This is possible because we have a very long Triple. The program works with an alignment difference of 3.5 degrees. If it is slightly larger, then it starts around the time the opposition starts = around 0400…

Can somebody calculate the degrees West?

Will we have a hit? Place your bets…

• Cool 1

2 hours ago, Patrick P.A. Geryl said:

Back to the thread

Is the sunspot already there?

I do see a small sunspot forming in the northern hemisphere. This is possible because we have a very long Triple. The program works with an alignment difference of 3.5 degrees. If it is slightly larger, then it starts around the time the opposition starts = around 0400…

Where in the North? East or West?

2 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

Where in the North? East or West?

I have examined the SDO images and there does seem to be something in the north west. There also appears to be a dot on the synoptic map in a similar location.

Jun07sunspot.thumb.jpg.6c11fc1d6e5a6f12ba0aa7c59b2da4fb.jpgJun07sunspot_vis.thumb.jpg.00a3fda6186ce395b8182fa938f43e48.jpg

These images are heavily compressed to meet the file size limit, so best if you treat them as a guide to look at the originals on this website.

Edited by 3gMike
Added comment re synoptic map
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Patrick P.A. Geryl said:

This is possible because we have a very long Triple. The program works with an alignment difference of 3.5 degrees. If it is slightly larger, then it starts around the time the opposition starts = around 0400…

Do you have any record of sunspots being created or growing during "triple line ups"? 

Do you keep records of your predictions? 

Have you seen "triple line ups" during spotless days? 

• Like 1

On 6/1/2022 at 8:12 PM, Patrick P.A. Geryl said:

Read this article. Checkmate.
Radio Waves, Sunspots, and Planets, June 1959 Popular Electronics - RF Cafe

https://www.rfcafe.com/references/popular-electronics/radio-waves-sunspots-planets-6-1959-popular-electronics.htm

Now we are talking astrology and ancient history. We did not even have a weather satellite in orbit at the time. Checkmate? No! 2 point penalty! Yes!

By the way, Neither Venus nor Mars have magnetic fields (magnetospheres). Neither do Pluto, Ceres & Pallas - except for the residual magnetic field from the creation of the solar system.  All that iron that’s been encased for 4.5B uears.

I don’t understand what mechanism causes electricity to flow from these objects to the sun.  Please enlighten me.

Jupiter is 318 times the mass of the earth & more than twice as massive as all the other planets, asteroids, comets, etc - combined and has a massive magnetic field. 
It is because of Jupiter that the center of mass of the solar system lies outside of the sun!

Jupiter affects just about everything that happens in the solar system. Interesting 

Jupiter is also only about twice the distance from the sun as Ceres & Pallas. So, why does Jupiter nor any of its moons appear in your theory? (Jupiter -> 400M miles, Ceres, Pallas around 200M miles)

It is easy to find correlations, but that’s all this appears to be to me. Please convince me otherwise…

is it only those bodies which do not have a magnetic field that zap the sun with these electrical charges?

On 6/1/2022 at 6:45 PM, Archmonoth said:

Yeah, this was something I barbed on. 

Right On!

Pluto is 29-49 AUs from the Sun, with 0.00218 the mass of Earth. There are also many other objects with Pluto's mass which are not included in the planetary alignment program. 

Spot On

The range on magnetic fields is very small. The Earth's bow shock is about 17 KM thick, there is nothing of the Earth's magnetosphere which reaches the Sun. 

Spot On

What do you think the range of Pluto's magnetic field is? 

Pluto does not have a magnetic field, neither does Venus, Mars, Ceres or Pallas

Astrology isn't science, its not even close, there is no bridge. Astrology is pseudoscience (can't be falisified) , Astronomy is the science of celestial objects (stars, moons, asteroids etc.) 

It may have changed, but when I went to engineering school (aero), we called it (science of celestial objects) Celestial Mechanics or Astrophysics.

SORRY - just couldn’t resist throwing that one in!

On 5/31/2022 at 11:50 AM, Patrick P.A. Geryl said:

If it works, you can be co author. Noble prizes are waiting…

Read the basics of the theory… All the planets send a magnetic signal that is amplified by the magnetic field of the Sun. Electricity is the key.

How can a planet without a magnetic field send a magnetic signal to the sun?
Sorry for the redundancy, but Mars, Pallas & Ceres do not have magnetic fields. 

As almost every body you have named doesn’t even have a magnetic field, perhaps it is a reflection of the solar winds, back to the sun? Even that seems to be a really big stretch…

Additionally, again, Jupiter is “the elephant” in the room, with a magnetic field which stretches back to the orbit of Saturn, dwarfing the magnetic fields of everything in the solar system except for the sun. While it stretches back hundreds of millions of miles, it doesn’t extend towards the sun very far at all. Meanwhile, the magnetic field of the sun extends beyond the Ort Cloud. 

Getting a Nobel prize just isn’t what it used to be, IMNSHO!

- (once wild) William Lawrence Kealey & Alex (Just for you Newbie😎!

Patrick,

https://www.sciencefocus.com/space/do-all-planets-have-magnetic-fields/
There are plenty of articles out there, this is just one…

• Like 1

That must be the ticket!

As all the bodies you’ve named (except Mercury) do not have magnetospheres, It must be some kind of reflection from their surfaces. Mercury has a very weak magnetic field, 1/100 the strength of earth’s magnetic field, and given its proximity to the sun, perhaps it does reflect something back towards the sun. Ceres & Pallas both have high albedos… hmmm, maybe you are on to something.  I really doubt it, but you may be right.

As others have asked, perhaps in a different way: Are you using the scientific method in your predictions and analysis? Do you document every prediction and the actual outcome from the “incidents”? Do you have a repository that we can look at? Have you done any statistical analysis? Can we see it?

Sorry, don’t mean to be rough here, but inquiring minds want to know!

-Larry & Alex

(figured me out yet Newbie? I’ve adopted my naming convention or lack thereof just for you! Hope you are having a great night! 😎) Australia has alway been on my list. I’ve been to 56 countries, not counting Caribbean Islands, but not Australia. Unfortunately, I don’t see me and Alex on that 17.5 hour flight, chasing the sun! We have plenty of room and telescope in the back yard if you ever want a place to stay in Texas… if you can’t go to Australia, bring Australia to you! 😏

Hi Patrick,

Sorry, one more question.

The sun is devoid of spots on the side visible to the earth right now - that’s why I’m writing this and not out in my backyard staring at it through my telescope…

Riddle me this Batman:

when can we expect the next AR with sunspots to appear and how large/ how many spots will it have?

I think I’m gonna take this opportunity to clean my eyepieces and filters… in anticipation of 3030 coming around the limb!

Cheers!

Will & Alex

Hi Bry,

The barycenter of the sun is at the center of mass of the sun.

The barycenter of the solar system is an imaginary point located at the center of mass of the solar system. I do remember, in 1984, we had a planetary alignment which won’t happen again for like 178 years, or something like that… of course some people thought the world would end! lol.

Check this out: (its what made me think of the 1984 conjunction)

also, I think it would be cool to plot this with the barycenter being fixed and the orbit orbit of the sun being plotted… I’d like to get the data into

https://www.quora.com/Does-the-Earth-orbit-the-barycenter-of-the-Sun-and-Earth-or-the-barycenter-of-everything-in-the-solar-system

Interestingly enough, there seem to be two schools of thought on this. I am of the opinion that every thing orbits the barycenter of the solar system…

Cheers!

- Larry & Alex

• Like 1

Hi All,

I hope I haven’t offended anyone with my “Not So Humble” Opinions…

Please don’t take me too seriously, I don’t, neither does my service dog (Alex, isn’t he good looking?) I have way too much time on my hands…

I hope y’all have a great morning, afternoon, evening, night or whatever it is wherever you are!

Larry & Alex

PS. I just tried to look at the sun… my mount, iPhone and self were overheated and not working in less than 15 min…

On 6/6/2022 at 11:04 AM, Bry said:

I had a question regarding this.

Hi Bri!

As of April 2020, Voyager I was 149.0 AU from the sun and Voyager 2 was 123 AU from the sun. Voyager I is traveling away from the sun at about 3.6 AU per year.

They have both officially left the building, oops, solar system!

Source: NASA

(I think voyager I departed the solar system in ‘97 and Voyager II in 2003… but you might want to check that!)

Cheers!

Larry & Alex

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, WildWill said:

Additionally, again, Jupiter is “the elephant” in the room,

What you have just said here has been on my mind for ages. Surely the largest mass aside from the Sun, would exert the greatest influence over the appearance of sunspots and be in every significant solar event were there one iota of truth in the theory. 

But I promised myself I wouldn't get caught up in these threads.

Fun/Scary fact: The gravitational pull of such a massive object like Jupiter ensures that the majority of comets and asteroids heading towards the inner planets are safely pulled towards the mass of Jupiter, thereby protecting life on Earth. On the other hand it is not out of the question that said planet, Jupiter, could nudge comets and asteroids directly into the path of the Earth and other inner planets. Thus bringing about our demise.

15 hours ago, WildWill said:

(figured me out yet Newbie? I’ve adopted my naming convention or lack thereof just for you! Hope you are having a great night! 😎) Australia has alway been on my list. I’ve been to 56 countries, not counting Caribbean Islands, but not Australia. Unfortunately, I don’t see me and Alex on that 17.5 hour flight, chasing the sun! We have plenty of room and telescope in the back yard if you ever want a place to stay in Texas… if you can’t go to Australia, bring Australia to you! 😏

Lol naming conventions! 

You had me tricked with Kealey. :)

Thanks for the offer although no plans in pipeline. 

N.

Edited by Newbie
  • Thanks 1

Ok everybody. I made a fault. Overlooked an unused Triple:

May 29 (11:15) – June 12 (09:45), 2022 Triple Line Up Pluto – Vesta - Ceres

you can find it on my paper

(3) (PDF) How we Predicted the Complexity of AR 2975

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/359993083_How_we_Predicted_the_Complexity_of_AR_2975 :

Thus the formula becomes:

June 7 (04:00) – 8 (15:00), 2022: Opposition Mercury – Ceres across the Sun

June 7 (14:30) – July 1 (09:30), 2022 Triple Line Up Uranus – Pallas – Mercury

In this case the first Triple gives an alignment 10 hours before the second Triple on the side of Ceres. We need to wait a few days before we see it on the Farside…

This is a basic fault that everybody could have found… When will somebody help me in checking these faults?

57 minutes ago, Patrick P.A. Geryl said:

Ok everybody. I made a fault. Overlooked an unused Triple:

you can find it on my paper

(3) (PDF) How we Predicted the Complexity of AR 2975

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/359993083_How_we_Predicted_the_Complexity_of_AR_2975 :

Thus the formula becomes:

In this case the first Triple gives an alignment 10 hours before the second Triple on the side of Ceres. We need to wait a few days before we see it on the Farside…

This is a basic fault that everybody could have found… When will somebody help me in checking these faults?

Patrick, Unfortunately your explanation only adds to my confusion. How can you claim that an alignment which has existed since May 29 "gives an alignment 10hours before the second triple" ? Even if this is the case you need to explain why that would delay the appearance of a sunspot by a few days.

Bearing in mind that your original prediction suggested the spot would be 10 to 30 degrees West, and you now say it will appear on the farside that implies a delay of at least 4 or 5 days - arising from a 10 hours earlier initiation. It does not make sense to me.

• Like 1

41 minuten geleden, 3gMike zei:

Patrick, Unfortunately your explanation only adds to my confusion. How can you claim that an alignment which has existed since May 29 "gives an alignment 10hours before the second triple" ? Even if this is the case you need to explain why that would delay the appearance of a sunspot by a few days.

Bearing in mind that your original prediction suggested the spot would be 10 to 30 degrees West, and you now say it will appear on the farside that implies a delay of at least 4 or 5 days - arising from a 10 hours earlier initiation. It does not make sense to me.

Easy. If you only take the Triple Pluto-Vesta-Ceres and the Conjunction Mercury-Ceres, then the sunspot would have appeared on the side of Ceres. On the Farside with other words. The second Triple must have enjoyed them. We must be able to see them on GONG in two days….

1 hour ago, Patrick P.A. Geryl said:

Easy. If you only take the Triple Pluto-Vesta-Ceres and the Conjunction Mercury-Ceres, then the sunspot would have appeared on the side of Ceres. On the Farside with other words. The second Triple must have enjoyed them. We must be able to see them on GONG in two days….

So that appears to be suggesting that you consider a Ceres-Ceres coincidence (with Ceres being a tiny planetoid at some distance from the Sun) has greater significance than a Mercury-Mercury coincidence, with Mercury being the closest planet to the Sun.

Also, you have not explained how you arrive at the figure of 10 hours prior to your previous prediction. Looking at the original prediction I assume that you expected it to happen at 14:30 when the Uranus-Pallas-Mercury Triple came into effect, but now you are saying it happened at 04:00 with opposition Mercury-Ceres, because the earlier triple was already active - is that correct?

On 5/31/2022 at 4:29 AM, Patrick P.A. Geryl said:

I want to test a new idea.

Formula sunspot

If you go to the program you see the alignments. I expect it to grow between Mercury and Ceres. We see 2 times Mercury in the formula, so on that place on the Sun.
Can somebody publish the picture? I can’t because pic is too big. Thanks!

The Planets Today : A live view of the solar system

https://www.theplanetstoday.com/index.html

Select Geocentric View
retroglow.png

I visited this page this morning and noticed that it has an astrology tab at the bottom…

How do you tell if Mercury is in retrograde?

Cheers!