Place sunspot June 7

Patrick P.A. Geryl

I want to test a new idea.

Formula sunspot

June 7 (04:00) – 8 (15:00), 2022: Opposition Mercury – Ceres across the Sun

June 7 (14:30) – July 1 (09:30), 2022 Triple Line Up Uranus – Pallas – Mercury

If you go to the program you see the alignments. I expect it to grow between Mercury and Ceres. We see 2 times Mercury in the formula, so on that place on the Sun.
Can somebody publish the picture? I can’t because pic is too big. Thanks!

The Planets Today : A live view of the solar system

https://www.theplanetstoday.com/index.html

Select Geocentric View
retroglow.png

Edited by Patrick P.A. Geryl

Hello Patrick, I'm not exactly sure what you are asking but to reduce screen shots I crop them over and over again. Not all reduce down to the required size unfortunately. 

This is the view on the 7th June!

You have gone out on a limb here for sure. I hope for your sake there is such a sunspot on that day. :)

,,,Screenshot_2022-05-31-19-59-06-2.png.78eb68e1578abe58a1d613980de6a3d7.png

... apologies if this isn't what you wanted! 

27 minuten geleden, Newbie zei:

Hello Patrick, I'm not exactly sure what you are asking but to reduce screen shots I crop them over and over again. Not all reduce down to the required size unfortunately. 

This is the view on the 7th June!

You have gone out on a limb here for sure. I hope for your sake there is such a sunspot on that day. :)

,,,Screenshot_2022-05-31-19-59-06-2.png.78eb68e1578abe58a1d613980de6a3d7.png

... apologies if this isn't what you wanted! 

Wrong pic. Need the middle one with Sun in the middle. Can you change. Thanks.

38 minutes ago, Patrick P.A. Geryl said:

Wrong pic. Need the middle one with Sun in the middle. Can you change. Thanks.

Oh you're a hard taskmaster lol!

I had to crop it so much I lost the time stamp!

Best I can do! 

Screenshot_2022-05-31-21-23-11-1-1-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

7 minutes ago, Newbie said:

Time stamp 07/06/2022 AD

Thanks 3gMike! Haha :)

I took it from the desktop version, so it looks slightly different.  To reduce the need for cropping I converted the .png format used on the website to .jpg

Second question. We need to know if it will show up in the northern or Southern Hemisphere from the Sun. Theory: it is related to the position of the equator field of the Sun or maybe the ecliptic.
 The Earth-sun plane is called the ecliptic. Most major planets in our solar system stay within 3 degrees of the ecliptic. Mercury is the exception; its orbit is inclined to the ecliptic by 7 degrees. The dwarf planet Pluto is a widely known exception to this rule. Its orbit is inclined to the ecliptic by more than 17 degrees.

is there anybody who can find the positions of Mercury, Ceres and Uranus on that day against the equator of the Sun?

Even assuming the planetary alignments theory is at least partially correct, Pluto is unfathomably far away and minuscule, even on the scales of planetary orbits. The idea that Pluto can affect the Sun is a whole other level of improbable beyond even, say, Jupiter doing so. 

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

57 minutes ago, Patrick P.A. Geryl said:

is there anybody who can find the positions of Mercury, Ceres and Uranus on that day against the equator of the Sun?

Geez Pat! You want us to do all the work?  ROFL

Newbie :)

• Haha 1

25 minuten geleden, Newbie zei:

Geez Pat! You want us to do all the work?  ROFL

Newbie :)

If it works, you can be co author. Noble prizes are waiting…

1 uur terug, Orneno zei:

Even assuming the planetary alignments theory is at least partially correct, Pluto is unfathomably far away and minuscule, even on the scales of planetary orbits. The idea that Pluto can affect the Sun is a whole other level of improbable beyond even, say, Jupiter doing so. 

Read the basics of the theory… All the planets send a magnetic signal that is amplified by the magnetic field of the Sun. Electricity is the key.

https://sungrazer.nrl.navy.mil/transits_2022

Here is that page that shows objects transiting the sun. Although it doesn’t have degrees, it does show what planets are orbiting north or south of the sun relative to the lasco coronographs.

I was wondering how the recent mercury transit south of the sun was affecting sun spot activity! Seems like it was rather quiet despite the large sunspots facing us the last couple weeks! I like the forecast so far! 

Larger  planetary triple line ups, and planets being north or south of our plane of eclipic seem to have more of an effect than just mercury being between us and the sun alone. I, however, don’t predict an earth facing component of solar eruptions considering the planets will be clustered not behind the earth directly.. thus maybe not earth facing?

Hope your hands are healing well! Always glad to share thoughts on bridging ancient astrology knowledge and with modern day astronomy. Just read about how people born during solar max have more folate degradation which affects fertility and fecundity, which perhaps gives astrology a little more basis.

heres the article and a review

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25567646/

https://futurism.com/research-indicates-solar-activity-affects-life-expectancy-fertility-across-generations-norway

I appreciate open sourced data in the highest form. What good is knowledge if it can’t be explained or shared?

Thank you to whomever made this website so these conversations can happen, I have learned so much in the last year! I can’t think of anything more powerful than a forum where ideas, sensors, and data are shared, discussed, and royally peer reviewed on a public forum.

Cheers

10 hours ago, Patrick P.A. Geryl said:
I want to test a new idea.

Formula sunspot

June 7 (04:00) – 8 (15:00), 2022: Opposition Mercury – Ceres across the Sun

June 7 (14:30) – July 1 (09:30), 2022 Triple Line Up Uranus – Pallas – Mercury

If you go to the program you see the alignments. I expect it to grow between Mercury and Ceres. We see 2 times Mercury in the formula, so on that place on the Sun.

So, looking at locations of Ceres and Mercury are you suggesting that the spot should appear somewhere in the West (RHS) of the earth-facing side, or might it appear on the farside?

In the Coming Sunspots thread you suggested that it will be a complex spot. Are you able to define that more precisely, e.g. Beta-Delta / Beta-Gamma / Beta-Gamma-Delta

You also mention low X flare potential. Please clarify – does that mean not much chance of an X flare, or do you mean there is potential for a low intensity X flare. I would also be interested to understand if you believe there is a link between sunspot complexity and flare intensity.

In order to allow evaluation of your theory it is helpful if you can make your predictions as unambiguous as possible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So, looking at locations of Ceres and Mercury are you suggesting that the spot should appear somewhere in the West (RHS) of the earth-facing side, or might it appear on the farside?

Problem is the program. It is not precise. Anyway, after looking closer my guess is It should appear around 10 degrees West. Mind: sunspots move around 13 degrees/day…

In the Coming Sunspots thread you suggested that it will be a complex spot. Are you able to define that more precisely, e.g. Beta-Delta / Beta-Gamma / Beta-Gamma-Delta

Low Beta-Gamma-Delta. it is a simple complex sunspot: 1 Triple and an opposition.

You also mention low X flare potential. Please clarify – does that mean not much chance of an X flare, or do you mean there is potential for a low intensity X flare. I would also be interested to understand if you believe there is a link between sunspot complexity and flare intensity.

Potential for a low intensity X flare.

Complex sunspots don’t always flare. I found some basic principles when it is possible, but it still needs further investigation. My guess is that it will be highly complicated to find.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/31/2022 at 7:49 AM, Orneno said:

Yeah, this was something I barbed on. 

Pluto is 29-49 AUs from the Sun, with 0.00218 the mass of Earth. There are also many other objects with Pluto's mass which are not included in the planetary alignment program. 

On 5/31/2022 at 8:50 AM, Patrick P.A. Geryl said:

If it works, you can be co author. Noble prizes are waiting…

Read the basics of the theory… All the planets send a magnetic signal that is amplified by the magnetic field of the Sun. Electricity is the key.

The range on magnetic fields is very small. The Earth's bow shock is about 17 KM thick, there is nothing of the Earth's magnetosphere which reaches the Sun. 

What do you think the range of Pluto's magnetic field is? 

Even if the planets are in a line, they are millions of Kilometers from each other's magnetospheres, and their signals. 

8 hours ago, Patrick P.A. Geryl said:

Potential for a low intensity X flare.

What potential? 5%? 30%? 15%?

On 5/31/2022 at 10:09 AM, Bry said:

Always glad to share thoughts on bridging ancient astrology knowledge and with modern day astronomy.

Astrology isn't science, its not even close, there is no bridge. Astrology is pseudoscience (can't be falisified) , Astronomy is the science of celestial objects (stars, moons, asteroids etc.) 

Edited by Archmonoth

Op 31/5/2022 om 17:49, Orneno zei:

Read this article. Checkmate.
Radio Waves, Sunspots, and Planets, June 1959 Popular Electronics - RF Cafe

https://www.rfcafe.com/references/popular-electronics/radio-waves-sunspots-planets-6-1959-popular-electronics.htm

16 minutes ago, Patrick P.A. Geryl said:

Read this article. Checkmate.
Radio Waves, Sunspots, and Planets, June 1959 Popular Electronics - RF Cafe

https://www.rfcafe.com/references/popular-electronics/radio-waves-sunspots-planets-6-1959-popular-electronics.htm

One, that’s not a scientific source. Two, it even says it was probably not verifiable:

“What might have produce the claimed 85% accuracy for that particular sunspot cycle likely never provided enough correlation in subsequent cycles to solidify the theory”

• Like 2

42 minuten geleden, Orneno zei:

One, that’s not a scientific source. Two, it even says it was probably not verifiable:

“What might have produce the claimed 85% accuracy for that particular sunspot cycle likely never provided enough correlation in subsequent cycles to solidify the theory”

That’s not the point. Point is that Pluto sends a signal! 

1 hour ago, Patrick P.A. Geryl said:

That’s not the point. Point is that Pluto sends a signal! 

Pluto doesn't send signals, and your link says:

"During the International Geophysical Year, which began on July 1, 1957, and ran through December 31, 1958, there were, six very severe magnetic storms and radio disturbances. Analyzing his data, Mr. Nelson found that the positioning of Pluto at a critical zero angle - three times with Venus and once with Mercury - showed up on four of the six disturbances."

The link says nothing about signals, only correlation in 4/6 disturbances. 

Edited by Archmonoth

https://www.solarsystemscope.com

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_solar_cycles

https://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/solar-activity/top-50-solar-flares.html

https://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/auroral-activity/top-50-geomagnetic-storms.html

I agree larger planets would seem to have more of an effect on sunspot activity. 

I posted four links to observe this phenomena. I don’t know how accurate the planetary positions are on solar system scope but I imagine they are accurate for the last 25 solar cycles.

On solar system scope you can spin Jupiter around 25 times for each solar cycle and take a look at it’s relative position during solar min and max.

Jupiter seems to always be near capricorn and Sagittarius constellation near solar minimums. Sagittarius constellations is also the direction of the center of our Milky Way galaxy so I expect that Jupiter being on that side of the solar system would be different (cosmic radiation, etc) than on the opposite side of the center of our galaxy. I read somewhere that solar minimums and planets that cluster around that time might have an inverse relationship with sunspot activity, much like Schumann resonance (cosmic radiation) and kp index.

Not every solar cycle has the planets in the same spot so it’s hard to determine how they would influence sunspot activity with changing positions.

Also take a look at the days we had our largest flares from the archive on this website, what direction the sunspot was facing and erupted and planets that day. The top largest CMEs might be better to look at to see earth directed activty and planet positions around that time.

I guess I’m not convinced planets have no effect on solar activity despite us lacking a full explanation on the mechanism... I have yet to have found an example of a larger planet NOT being behind earth during an earth directed eruption.

What might make more sense to me is that when the larger planets are clustered during a solar minimum near the direction of the center of our galaxy, there is less of a chance for the planets to be behind or in front of earth. During solar max, the planets are more spread out and earth is more likely to have planets behind or between it and the sun, thus influencing our perception of planetary influence on activity. 

I’m not expecting much earth-directed sunspot activity until Saturn, Jupiter and Venus are behind earth closer to August, which tends to be the hottest time of year in northern hemisphere. Just my guess based off this assumption.

Here is a 24 minute video about how we have known lead to be a poisonous element for 4000 years but we lag in addressing the implications to society because science is very much a political and economic tool.

“You will be observe with concern how long a useful truth may be known and exists before it is generally received and practiced on.”

Case in point:

The airport I grew up next to and my dad learned to fly at just recently ended it’s use of leaded fuel in piston driven airplanes and closed in the last couple of years due to elevated levels of blood lead levels in surrounding community. Considering this is in the heart of the Silicon Valley (the most polluted county in the United States) where these ww2 scientists ended up it’s easy to see how policy lags well behind common sense. 

https://news.sccgov.org/news-release/sale-leaded-aviation-fuel-ends-reid-hillview-and-san-martin-airports

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/sanfrancisco/news/reid-hillview-airport-san-jose-lead-levels-closing/

On 6/3/2022 at 9:39 AM, Bry said:

I guess I’m not convinced planets have no effect on solar activity despite us lacking a full explanation on the mechanism... 

I agree, and we try experiments, test ideas, and try to understand those mechanisms. Guessing is only the first step; the next step is testing. 

There are relationships with the planets and the Sun. The barycenter is influenced by the planets, this is well known, and affects sunspots, sun cycles. The barycenter is the center of the solar system, and moves around within the radius of the Sun. We know the mass of the planets affects sunspots and can test it. 

You might enjoy this: The case study for the barycenter drivers of the solar cycle (1).pdf (uvs-model.com)

This study shows how planetary alignments (due to mass) affects the barycenter and solar cycles. This affect has not nothing to do with astrology or unknown energy broadcast from planets or signals, it has to do with mass. 

Here is a 24 minute video about how we have known lead to be a poisonous element for 4000 years but we lag in addressing the implications to society because science is very much a political and economic tool.

I am familiar with the video and history of lead. You are conflating science with politics. We didn't have microscopes 4000 years, nor abilities to test lead in an environment. 

We didn't even have the language for the periodic table of elements.

4000 years ago, and even less, lead poisoning would have been described as a curse from a malalignment force, or a great evil. The inadequacy of ancient language is what required us to seek a greater resolution of understanding of our world. 

“You will be observe with concern how long a useful truth may be known and exists before it is generally received and practiced on.”

Perhaps, but how do you separate truth from guesswork? Lies travel faster than truth, because they can't be determined to be incorrect at a glance. 

What if the world is hollow, or flat, or the moon is made of cheese? Speculation needs to be separated through practical testing or its just bonfire talk under a stary sky. (I do plenty of this, but it's just imagination play) 

Case in point:

The airport I grew up next to and my dad learned to fly at just recently ended it’s use of leaded fuel in piston driven airplanes and closed in the last couple of years due to elevated levels of blood lead levels in surrounding community. Considering this is in the heart of the Silicon Valley (the most polluted county in the United States) where these ww2 scientists ended up it’s easy to see how policy lags well behind common sense. 

I don't disagree with you about the lag, but using ancient language like astrology is insufficient because its terms are too crude and simple for the cosmic phenomena we are trying to understand. 

Mass and gravity can be explained in crude terms as weight or attraction, but the nuance of orbits, especially elliptical orbits fall apart unless you have a more detailed language like math or LaGrange points Lagrange point - Wikipedia

During Greek times, or medieval times they used humors (sanguine, melancholic etc.) to describe personalities or affliction. Astrology uses signs, houses, etc. for personality archetypes. Now we have the growing body of knowledge called psychology, and demographics, which can deal with data points rather than unfalsifiable speculation of cosmic personalities.

There are many spiritual and metaphysical languages for the inner world of the heart and mind, but applying such language to the motion and activity of the stars is comes across in the same level of conceit as claiming the Sun revolves around the Earth, (which we know to be incorrect). 

Edited by Archmonoth
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the case study link, I figured there must be some gravitational influence on a 3 body problem with more than 3 celestial bodies.

By astrology I guess I literally meant planet positions relative to the constellations on our plane of ecliptic as a reference point for longitude. Not necessarily personalities, housing, etc

Now I see that what i meant is called heliocentric longitude as opposed to geocentric constellation based reference points. Although at that scale it doesn’t seem to matter for even our closest star. Heliocentric longitude seems to be more time based than positional. By time based meaning 0 degrees longitude on our solar system is when earth is at fall equinox from what I grasp. Still trying to wrap my head around these conventions ... as merging a rotating carrington longitude for sunspot location with a semi fixed solar based one doesn’t seem that easy.

As for the lead, I just meant to show how long we take to act on an established fact and how science can be misleading by not painting the whole picture. Yes lead made gas work great but not humans so much.

The Greeks and Roman’s deliberately ingested lead in their wine as lead acetate and lined their cooking pots with it. They must have known directly the effects from that substance more intimately where it was mined and preferred by taste. 

Where I live lead pipes are still in 2/3 houses in town and its next to impossible to get a chronic lead exposure test even today. 

what I took out of it mostly is to stay skeptical of research made since 1924 due to widespread lead poisoning! Lol..

Most doctors don’t test for heavy metals (I just tried this) unless you have acute poisoning/exposure. They are unaware of the chronic long term symptoms as it can effect every organ in the body and misdiagnose, and prescribe pharmaceuticals without knowing.. We only find what we are looking for..

Thanks for sharing and keeping the topic lively! I learn so much when ideas/topics get questioned. Hope this isn’t pissing anyone off too royally, I’m just a casual new sw observer trying to wrap my head around these concepts.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bry said:

The Greeks and Roman’s deliberately ingested lead in their wine as lead acetate and lined their cooking pots with it. They must have known directly the effects from that substance more intimately where it was mined and preferred by taste. 

They might have seen effects but connecting them to lead was not part of their language. They had no words for "genetic damage", there were no microscopes, nor electron microscopes. 

The language we use today is based on science which was developed afterwards. To the Greeks/Romans even the word "atom" was a metaphysical idea, rather than something they could measure. They couldn't see molecules or even bacteria. They could see sickness but connecting the cause of sickness to invisible microbes didn't happen until the 1700s, due to the invention of the microscope. 

I don't want to get too off topic with ancient perceptions and language, my point was only that Astrology doesn't have language for the mechanisms and phenomena we are trying to measure in Astronomy. (LaGrange points, momentum, solar flux, Inverse Square Law etc.)

13 hours ago, Bry said:

Thanks for sharing and keeping the topic lively! I learn so much when ideas/topics get questioned. Hope this isn’t pissing anyone off too royally, I’m just a casual new sw observer trying to wrap my head around these concepts.

No worries, I appreciate the practice in talking about these topics, and there is so much to learn about Solar activity! 

A concept which I constantly return to regarding "energy" radiating from a source is the idea called the Inverse Square Law, which describes the reduction of flux over distance. The distances in the solar system are not accurately portraited in the planetary alignment models linked in this thread. The distances described in the Solar system are massive; millions of kilometers from each other, and from the Sun. Here is the wiki on what the Inverse Square Law is: Inverse-square law - Wikipedia 

Patrick is suggesting magnetic fields are reaching the Sun, when the distances of magnetic fields are so small, this becomes implausible. The mass of objects affects the Barycenter, and we know and can measure this, but their magnetic fields are simply not able to reach the distances required. There could be some unknown mechanism which science hasn't described yet, but to explore the unknown we have to test, or at least find a way to know when we are incorrect, which is something Patrick is vague and aloof about. 

My observation/opinion is that planetary alignments are insufficient of a description for the nuance required to explain or predict the complexity of solar activity. Also, sunspots are caused by the internal dynamics of the Sun. We are on the outside looking at a great storm, seeing only the tops of explosions, unable to see the convection taking place beneath. 

Also, a belated welcome to you Bry!

Edited by Archmonoth