Jump to content

Region 2941


Solarflaretracker200

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Orneno said:

We just got a long-duration C6 flare from this region, and a type II radio emission, maybe a CME!

image.thumb.png.ac01b9ff50972aec29de97a177938f9a.png

Really weird-looking flare

I think this is the CME from this flare!  It looks to be evenly balanced both east and west, maybe directly facing earth!

image.thumb.png.ea72ad9da9e1011706a2cb7fed93bf66.png

There was actually another asymmetrical but full-halo CME some time ago, we have two promising CMEs inbound!

5 minutes ago, Orneno said:

I think this is the CME from this flare!  It looks to be evenly balanced both east and west, maybe directly facing earth!

image.thumb.png.ea72ad9da9e1011706a2cb7fed93bf66.png

There was actually another asymmetrical but full-halo CME some time ago, we have two promising CMEs inbound!

There's a slight chance this is two separate CMEs in the east and west at almost the exact same time, but the earlier asymmetric full-halo one was definitely one event.
Both seem promising for earth-directed components at this stage!

Edited by Orneno
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Orneno said:

there was actually another asymmetrical but full-halo CME some time ago

The funny thing is, there is absolutely no flare I see this could have came from.  It's basically all B-class.
So, it may have come from this filament eruption.  It looks minor, but may have produced the nice asymmetrical full halo CME that is the earlier of the two promising events I am discussing here.
image.png.57c50343d0f2c0396045b7efc27e3c38.png

Just now, LunarLights58 said:

This is quite a lot of activity all over the Sun and probably the most I've seen since I only started paying attention to the Sun during the minimum at the start of this cycle.

It's been somewhat minor, I want more X-class.  But yeah, it's popping off minor flares and CMEs all over the place!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Orneno said:

The funny thing is, there is absolutely no flare I see this could have came from.  It's basically all B-class.
So, it may have come from this filament eruption.  It looks minor, but may have produced the nice asymmetrical full halo CME that is the earlier of the two promising events I am discussing here.
image.png.57c50343d0f2c0396045b7efc27e3c38.png

It's been somewhat minor, I want more X-class.  But yeah, it's popping off minor flares and CMEs all over the place!

Don't forget all the Kp5 days we've just had :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Orneno said:

We just got a long-duration C6 flare from this region, and a type II radio emission, maybe a CME!

image.thumb.png.ac01b9ff50972aec29de97a177938f9a.png

Really weird-looking flare

Where are you finding the data to link this to AR2941 ? I can see nothing, either on this site or NOAA (at 09:00 UTC)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 uren geleden, 3gMike zei:

Where are you finding the data to link this to AR2941 ? I can see nothing, either on this site or NOAA (at 09:00 UTC)

 

I agree the C6 was from 2941 you can see it on SDO at around 01:45 UTC. First it was a region behind the limb that flared but the C6 peak was indeed from 2941. The CME launched around that time came from the region on the west limb. It has been kind of messy with all these flares and CMEs but as of now I do not think any of them are earth-directed.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you also agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy.