some questions as a starter in space weather

FairyG
Go to solution Solved by Vancanneyt Sander,

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Not going to lie but Hawaii has a lot of UV rays all the time. Hawaii is closer to the equator, it has a higher UV index than many other states. But I don’t know it may have a relationship with the M- class solar flare. 

Yes I totally know that but not all the stations saw the spike and not all the stations had the se UV readings. Same thing when I checked Cape Cod Massachusetts and all around this area in Upstate NY! Some places were perfectly normal and that is why I think when it hits the Earth there must be a pattern in which some spots get hit harder then others!!!

By the way I didn’t mean to sound like a boomer there 😂 

3 minutes ago, FairyG said:

Some places were perfectly normal and that is why I think when it hits the Earth there must be a pattern in which some spots get hit harder then others!!!

Strange. I will look into this tomorrow. 

Further to the west this station also had spikes... And spikes are not normal in Hawaii from what I am seeing. Looking up the event on the 12th and figuring this is how I'm spending my night.

3 minutes ago, LunarLights58 said:

Maybe you're just cooking up a conspiracy...

Also, those stations aren't very accurate. Trust me, I've seen them say it's -20 in summer and 90 in winter.

Yeah it has to be the instruments maybe they get too hot and overload or something. Spikes are more common in Hawaii now that I keep looking. Sorry guys! Thought I was onto something.

• Like 1

24 minuten geleden, Archmonoth zei:

I didn't suggest anyone was a bot, I was correcting FairyG on who I was replying to. 

This is the second thread with same topics/trolling by you. 

I was hoping to move all this to this topic but couldn't figure out how. Maybe a moderator can do it? I can't even upload any more images and I am done til the next flare. I was randomly guessing looking at stations, I was relieved to find spikes happening in a lot of stations today and feel confident that UV is influenced by solar irregularities whether it's overlapping flares, or any variety of conditions, but the research I did today did not disprove a correlation nor prove it and I do understand that it is all data and there are so many variables unknown to make any conclusions.

Perhaps someday I will live to see someone figure it out. I am beat. Happy Valentine's Day

6 minutes ago, FairyG said:

I was hoping to move all this to this topic but couldn't figure out how. Maybe a moderator can do it? I can't even upload any more images and I am done til the next flare. I was randomly guessing looking at stations, I was relieved to find spikes happening in a lot of stations today and feel confident that UV is influenced by solar irregularities whether it's overlapping flares, or any variety of conditions, but the research I did today did not disprove a correlation nor prove it and I do understand that it is all data and there are so many variables unknown to make any conclusions.

Perhaps someday I will live to see someone figure it out. I am beat. Happy Valentine's Day

No worries FairyG, I understand you are exploring a topic and diving into the information. I like your attitude about the unknowns and the variables. Happy Valentine's Day too!

8 hours ago, FairyG said:

hello! While this seems to be a case of correlation doesn’t equal causation, what if you focused your attention towards tracking something similar? 
the linked article explores the correlation between “The amount of X-ray radiation received at Earth” and a  correlation “to the amount of photoionization in the ionosphere creating higher electron densities in the D-region” (4-11). At the bottom of the research paper is a list of active monitoring stations (see appendix a & b) so it’s easy to track flares and their effect on the ionosphere. This type of research may be helpful for someone interested in studying Solar weather, VLF & ULF frequencies, & Schumann resonances 
viewcontent.cgi?article=1083&context=etd

• Like 1

Two days in a row studying peaks of UV across the USA and mflares happen both days! What are the chances??? Beginners luck. I see UV spiking all across the board on solar event days so I just do not understand why nobody else has noticed.

I have to really unpack that article.

I just really hope this isn't new phenomena and doesn't become dangerous. I got sunburn on my face in 7 minutes! Maybe it's from using my phone for 12 hours straight looking up data.

This is way cooler than fb spacer.pngTime difference is 2 hours so this makes sense to be this mflare.

2 hours ago, FairyG said:

Two days in a row studying peaks of UV across the USA and mflares happen both days! What are the chances??? Beginners luck. I see UV spiking all across the board on solar event days so I just do not understand why nobody else has noticed.

I have to really unpack that article.

I just really hope this isn't new phenomena and doesn't become dangerous. I got sunburn on my face in 7 minutes! Maybe it's from using my phone for 12 hours straight looking up data.

This is way cooler than fb spacer.pngTime difference is 2 hours so this makes sense to be this mflare.

Did that happen yesterday at the same time?

On 2/14/2022 at 2:42 PM, Orneno said:

@FairyG how many days does that UV spike happen, does it occur only during flares or also when the sun is quiet?

I have scoured the globe And found UV reading spiked at times of Space Weather Events! Finding stations with the most significant changes required a lot of luck but basically I looked at the swirling wind patterns on global map and choose weather stations involed in a swirl that had two other directions of wind nearby. Zoomed in and choose the station that all the other stations wind seems to be swirling around and looked back through the dates to find spikes! UV then usually dropped out as did solar radiation. But readings were sometimes double normal for the area and the compounded events of this FEB made it really interesting. Also on FEB 12 a bunch of birds suddenly dropped out of the sky in Mexico.

There must be some sort of phenomena that happens where UV and Solar Radiation are temporary getting through and in very localized areas where not all the stations pick it up.

Posting all the data is proving difficult, I even tried to upload the pics to my WordPress but the server started loading them out of order and bogging down so I will have to figure out a different way.

No where on the internet does it say that a solar flare or space weather can induce ground level changes but all of the readings I found this week indicated otherwise. Look at these readings from Chatham Massachusetts those don't even happen in the summer.spacer.png

Also this guy... Gotta love him. Look at the phenomena he caught on camera? Anyone know what would cause that?

https://youtu.be/DuryrTaOOPc

On 2/14/2022 at 2:17 PM, Orneno said:

Our brain has waaaay to much control over our senses to trust something seeming slightly different, it’s almost certainly all in your head. 

https://news.yahoo.com/video-shows-plane-fall-sky-125951432.html

Oct  11, 2021 a CME was headed for Earth

Looked up Santee, CA and it is in a current wind spiral and had a weather station that meets me parameter for finding weather stations that register UV Peaks. A plane fell from the sky when the station had these readings. What a coincidence. Damn.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

It may not register a PEAKED reading but those levels are not typical and quite dramatic.

Should I keep digging?