Is this a glitch?

Go to solution Solved by MinYoongi,

1 uur geleden, Solarflaretracker200 zei:

Ok sorry my bad...

That was actually a obvious question LOL 

sorry about that 

Dont worry about it, there are no such things as stupid or obvious questions. Space weather isn't easy! We are all here to learn! That is the number 1 reason SWL exists, educate everyone on everything space weather related. Every question is a good question. It took me years to really get a grasp on the nitty details and I am still learning.

• Like 3

2 minuten geleden, Solarflaretracker200 zei:

True. I just feel like I should start to know this by now. But as you said “Space Weather isn’t easy” 

How are you supposed to know if you've never experienced a solar minimum? I dont look at solar wind data from a solar minimum for fun? Who does haha. So much in space weather comes from learning by experiencing. Every storm or event there is more knowledge to be soaked up.

Even I have made silly mistakes... when I started out for quite a time I thought the X-ray charts for solar flares for example went like this... C1, M1, X1, X10, X20. I was so wrong. These charts are logarithmic and the jump from X10 goes to X100 of course. Not X20. A silly assumption but took me a while to figure out my mistake... just an example we all make errors and learn from them.

4 minutes ago, Marcel de Bont said:

thought the X-ray charts for solar flares for example went like this... C1, M1, X1, X10, X20

😂. I got it even more wrong. When I first heard of X-Ray charts for solar flares I thought they were X-rays people use to look for broken bones or something 😂 

6 minutes ago, Marcel de Bont said:

Every storm or event there is more knowledge to be soaked up.

True true. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Solarflaretracker200 said:

. I got it even more wrong. When I first heard of X-Ray charts for solar flares I thought they were X-rays people use to look for broken bones or something 😂 

I mean, it’s the same X-rays… just coming from the sun and not a machine in a doctor’s office 

• 2 months later...
59 minutes ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

Potsdam Kp is updated every two weeks when finalised Kp is available from every station. SWPC is faster but isn’t the finalised official Kp and has less stations.

Yeah I know that, but this day is from August 

In the archive for yesterday, April 17th, the M4.4 flare is said to come from AR2987, which as far as I can tell was an almost-spotless region from like a week (or two) ago (April 4th or something like that), and isn't even on the earth-facing disk anymore.
Was this flare mistakenly assigned?

I believe it actually came from AR2992, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Orneno

2 uren geleden, Orneno zei:

In the archive for yesterday, April 17th, the M4.4 flare is said to come from AR2987, which as far as I can tell was an almost-spotless region from like a week (or two) ago (April 4th or something like that), and isn't even on the earth-facing disk anymore.
Was this flare mistakenly assigned?

I believe it actually came from AR2992, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't see the issue :P 

Schermafbeelding 2022-04-18 om 09.59.12.png

Op 13/4/2022 om 14:42, Orneno zei:

Randomly, this day does not have Potsdam KP. The days before and after do…

5A1D40C3-00FF-4461-B009-AB3F0D8ED942.jpeg

Checked the archive and I see it's there 😉 

Schermafbeelding 2022-04-18 om 10.03.12.png

• Cool 1