Is this a glitch?

Go to solution Solved by MinYoongi,

Op 7/11/2021 om 09:30, Vancanneyt Sander zei:

Data feed from DSCOVR is down, they didn’t switch to ACE so likely there are issues at SWPC. Not something we can fix.

is GSFC still having issues after the power problems

Edited by Vancanneyt Sander

23 hours ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

GSFC didn’t have power issues, that’s fake news. The servers of GSFC sometimes can’t handle traffic which causes the server to fail and fall offline. End of story, nothing to seek behind it.

ah i just saw some things about it under the jhelioviewer github issues page after GFSC couldn't be accessed 

Edited by farm24

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

It was blocked due to a potential SQL injection/cross site scripting attack. Apparently the post contained some html (the link to the SWPC preliminary forecast of sc25) that was marked unsafe by the firewall and thus you got that block.

So I can’t use those links? (it’s fine if I can’t I’ll find different ones)

Or if I can’t use any links then I won’t post the thing I was going to post

3 uren geleden, Solarflaretracker200 zei:

So I can’t use those links? (it’s fine if I can’t I’ll find different ones)

Or if I can’t use any links then I won’t post the thing I was going to post

It’s okay to post links but the firewall is a bit strict so it can still lead to a block. It mostly happens when posting links with a mobile device, on desktop it’s strange enough fine. It can also be that a word in the link is the cause but you have to try and see what does or doesn’t get blocked. 

if de disable the sql injection rules in the firewall we would be a bit more vulnerable for those type of attacks and thus less secure. As security is high in our list, we don’t want to disable it unless it’s a very big issue. 

The same thing has happened to me! It blocked me from posting this last night, and it still won’t let me today! There are no links or anything. 

Reference ID: 506f625f8efb7d9f23930ab3b9f90162

The post I wanted to make:

You know how if you go to SWL’s website on mobile there’s a bar at the top of the screen that prompts you to open it in the app? Well, this bar displays even when in the community section. Of course, the app doesn’t have the forums, so if you click it it just opens the app and immediately redirects you back to the browser, so it’s useless. 
Is it possible to hide this prompt to open the app in the community forums section? It takes up valuable screen space, and is useless, as discussed. 

I tried to post this as a new post called “open in app prompt” in the app-site support forum, but it won’t let me, even if I get rid of the old post and copy paste it to a new one and try again. 

Edited by Orneno

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

Sometimes SWPC switches to old ACE data, that could be a reason. ACE density readings had those glitches so was very unreliable. 

Is a data reading that’s 1.something inherently suspect, or can the density really go that low?