Is this a glitch?

Go to solution Solved by MinYoongi,

30 minutes ago, jeny96 said:

maybe it´s a glitch or an error in some images because i can see this image (solar flares) but the Far side looks strangeEUVI/AIA 195 Stonyhurst Heliographic (Earth-view)

It looks like it usually does, why do you think it looks strange? 

1 hour ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Screenshot 2021-11-05 181326 (2).png

Maybe its just my computer

It was probably just a Picture that was missing / couldnt be fetched from the Server.

Everything is nominal :)  For me it works! 4426f20278a24a0ffeb7fc6d43e3151e.png

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

34 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

It looks like it usually does, why do you think it looks strange? 

It was probably just a Picture that was missing / couldnt be fetched from the Server.

Everything is nominal :)  For me it works! 4426f20278a24a0ffeb7fc6d43e3151e.png

Because the black pixels and the images fron STEREO ahead are from 23:45 and don´t looks like a CME happened, and there is no an actual one

and for this image STEREO Ahead EUVI 195

Edited by jeny96
repeated reply
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Good question. It’s definitely slightly more worse now. 

Tell me if I’m totally wrong but could it be from the G3 storm e had the other night. 🤷‍♂️ 

i don´t know (because i´m new in this themes) but it could be a posibility

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jeny96 said:

i don´t know (because i´m new in this themes) but it could be a posibility

according to the efects in a G3 storm

Power systems: Voltage corrections may be required, false alarms triggered on some protection devices.

Spacecraft operations: Surface charging may occur on satellite components, drag may increase on low-Earth-orbit satellites, and corrections may be needed for orientation problems.

maybe that could be the reason but...these efects don´t have to be inmediatly?

Edited by jeny96
syntax

1 minute ago, jeny96 said:

according to the efects in a G3 storm

Power systems: Voltage corrections may be required, false alarms triggered on some protection devices.

Spacecraft operations: Surface charging may occur on satellite components, drag may increase on low-Earth-orbit satellites, and corrections may be needed for orientation problems.

maybe that is the reason but...these efects don´t have to be inmediatly?

I don’t think they happen very suddenly 🤷‍♂️. I don’t really know

7 uren geleden, Solarflaretracker200 zei:

Still looks weird 🤔 

5E062639-39AC-4DF2-B356-EEBEBBD3AD82.gif

That’s just something that went wrong during processing of the STEREO data, we’ve seen worse glitches 😜

09736B9B-2595-46E6-9BBA-0D632FD6C116.jpeg

these things can happen, don’t forget that satellites are exposed to space and thus can always have some noise in the data feed or failures onboard. Also don’t forget that the systems where often build years ago and unlike your computer these can’t be easily updated/fixed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

That’s just something that went wrong during processing of the STEREO data, we’ve seen worse glitches 😜

these things can happen, don’t forget that satellites are exposed to space and thus can always have some noise in the data feed or failures onboard. Also don’t forget that the systems where often build years ago and unlike your computer these can’t be easily updated/fixed.

Those glitches are... evocative. It's comforting to know they're glitches, because my imagination is able to parse each one as some improbably cataclysmic space-ripping event you've never even seen in fiction.

This is obviously just because I watch too much sci-fi.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

Holy crap those are glitches??? Dang!

3 hours ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Anyone know what happened here?

1CB5805D-8AD9-497B-8F78-B430637FD9B9.jpeg

Space Weather Live has Problems fetching the Data from the server.

everything is okay.

https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/real-time-solar-wind here you can still see the same data :) 

So i was able to observe this for the last 4 hours, maybe this is interesting for you @Marcel de Bont and @Vancanneyt Sander (in case this problem still persists after i wake up) 

So, the Real Time Solar Wind data is comming in absolutely normal, the noaa website just isnt updated. I received my 00:30 UTC forecast normally via E-Mail but on the website it didnt got updated. same with the little Real-Time Solar Wind data on their Home-Page. 
If you go to 
https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/real-time-solar-wind tho, it gets updated normally so i think they have a problem with their page, and not with the data coming in from the satellites. :) Good night from me! (im such a nights owl lol) 

Edited by MinYoongi