Solar Micronova in 2046

Quilloz

On 1/4/2022 at 11:42 PM, Christopher S. said:

Sure, I just thought I'd drop in to tactically fend off echo-chambering what was already concluded earlier, since that usually results in other unwanted interactions between one another.

Thanks.

With that out of the way, I'm going to repeat the opening question and this time, hopefully without any slander or comment echo chambering (and to that end, I'm not naming names this time):

As someone with anxiety regarding the many possible ways the world can end, and CMEs being one of my bigger concerns. Is it possible that the sun can produce a Solar Micronova (an event in which the sun expels a layer of dust on the Earth and other planets with a Carrington-level or higher solar flare)? I keep hearing that it can and that it will happen in 2046.

2 hours ago, Quilloz said:

Is it possible that the sun can produce a Solar Micronova (an event in which the sun expels a layer of dust on the Earth and other planets with a Carrington-level or higher solar flare)?

A Solar Micronova is an imaginary event. An event that can be compared to the Carrington event could happen during any Solar Cycle, most likely around Solar Maximum.

1 uur terug, Mikko V. zei:

i guess these researchers has lots of imaginary in they arsenal

You're quoting a study that's more about super flares on sun-like stars. For a super flare to happen, you'll need a region that is 30% of the hemisphere which seems very unlikely, especially in solar max when there are plenty of regions on the disk and not 1 that takes all space. Super flares (Carrington class or higher) can happen but the odds are very low (<1 per cycle).

41 minutes ago, Mikko V. said:

would you please tell me difference between superflare and mininova?

Well if you don't mind i am going to intervene and answer your question.  A super flare are very strong explosions on other sun like stars with energies up way more than that of typical solar flares like our sun. A miniova is a type of supernova.

But the entire star doesn't explode 

3 uren geleden, Mikko V. zei:

wasnt it not too long ago when sun erupted from roughly 30-40% of its surface

Which region was responsible for that? As far as I know and looking at the sunspot region database there hasn’t been a very huge sunspot region yet in SC25, so get your facts up straight. No sunspot region is able to have a size of 30% of the visible solar disk.

3 uren geleden, Mikko V. zei:

would you please tell me difference between superflare and mininova?

Simple, a micronova doesn’t exist, only supernova exist and super flares. https://www.syfy.com/syfy-wire/no-theres-no-such-thing-as-a-solar-micronova?amp

guess we can close the topic as there is no such thing as a micronova 😜

• Like 2
  • Cool 1