Solar Micronova in 2046

Quilloz

A Joyful Christmas and a Happy New Year from Finland, first of all.

Let me inform you that I have started a "war" against the Suspicious Observers Channel and Ben Davidson. There should be no chance for these kind of channels to survive if they share "knowledge" which contains basically the information that "main stream science" is totally wrong and the "science" of Ben Davidson totally right. I have followed - pardon me - this channel. Davidson is clever enough to pick up the cherries from the "main stream science" research when trying to convince his followers to believe that there really exist things like "Parker spiral shape Galactic Current Sheets" and stars interacting with this "Galactic Current Sheet", making them explode as "micro novas". But Davidson has never been able to show that there really exist "one star" recurrent novas - or that "Parker Spiral shape Galactic Current Sheet". All the time he refers to binary star recurrent novas but never telling that to his Followers. But his Followers are enough like him - right wing religious conservatives - to believe everything he says and writes. The bothering thing really is that he does all that in the name of SCIENCE, of which he has no clue and the methods and philosophy scientific work is done. But he likes the words like "debunk", "you moron" and "bullshit", while the actual words a researcher should use are "to verify" and "to falsify". But I think that this is mainly the problem of the mighty United States of America. Despite the great achievements and all the glorious scientific research the nation has produced, there still lives strongly this conservative view of the world, where the ultimate truth is hidden in the Bible. No, I am not against religion, which can be a saviour of one's soul, and which seems to have been the driving force of the development of the western culture. The fundamentalist part is just a little bit of concern.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jarmo Kanerva said:

Let me inform you that I have started a "war" against the Suspicious Observers Channel and Ben Davidson.

This seems just as rhetorically sensualized as what you are concerned with. 

Edited by Archmonoth

4 hours ago, Jarmo Kanerva said:

Let me inform you that I have started a "war" against the Suspicious Observers Channel and Ben Davidson.

When did this start happening?

There should be no chance for these kind of channels to survive if they share "knowledge" which contains basically the information that "main stream science" is totally wrong and the "science" of Ben Davidson totally right. 

I'd argue that Ben does make one or two valid points (broken clock syndrome in play, particularly in stuff most solar studiers tend to bring up constantly like CMEs), but Ben just loves to insert his political biases into his research. Which, I may add, mostly consists of reading from abstracts and science articles for only 30 seconds or so.

But his Followers are enough like him - right wing religious conservatives - to believe everything he says and writes. The bothering thing really is that he does all that in the name of SCIENCE, of which he has no clue and the methods and philosophy scientific work is done. But he likes the words like "debunk", "you moron" and "bullshit", while the actual words a researcher should use are "to verify" and "to falsify".

That's nothing compared to what I've seen from that camp, They want to see the world end just to stick it to the Liberals. They welcome full-on genocides and even cannibalism. Ben refuses to actually accept any differing opinions that isn't full-out asskissing, and has made plenty of enemies over the course of his time on YouTube. Even Doug Vogt, the man where Ben's version of "Micronova" originates from, ben  has called out as a "religious Crank" and publicly bashed him (and vice-versa). In more recent times, he's gone to war against NASA.

I'm willing to bet that if he ever came onto this site personally, he'd be calling us "no-brained losers" despite studying the sun and its activities being what most of the people on this site does.

10 hours ago, Jarmo Kanerva said:

A Joyful Christmas and a Happy New Year from Finland, first of all.

Let me inform you that I have started a "war" against the Suspicious Observers Channel and Ben Davidson. There should be no chance for these kind of channels to survive if they share "knowledge" which contains basically the information that "main stream science" is totally wrong and the "science" of Ben Davidson totally right. I have followed - pardon me - this channel. Davidson is clever enough to pick up the cherries from the "main stream science" research when trying to convince his followers to believe that there really exist things like "Parker spiral shape Galactic Current Sheets" and stars interacting with this "Galactic Current Sheet", making them explode as "micro novas". But Davidson has never been able to show that there really exist "one star" recurrent novas - or that "Parker Spiral shape Galactic Current Sheet". All the time he refers to binary star recurrent novas but never telling that to his Followers. But his Followers are enough like him - right wing religious conservatives - to believe everything he says and writes. The bothering thing really is that he does all that in the name of SCIENCE, of which he has no clue and the methods and philosophy scientific work is done. But he likes the words like "debunk", "you moron" and "bullshit", while the actual words a researcher should use are "to verify" and "to falsify". But I think that this is mainly the problem of the mighty United States of America. Despite the great achievements and all the glorious scientific research the nation has produced, there still lives strongly this conservative view of the world, where the ultimate truth is hidden in the Bible. No, I am not against religion, which can be a saviour of one's soul, and which seems to have been the driving force of the development of the western culture. The fundamentalist part is just a little bit of concern.

This forum is not really the place to rant against suspiciousobserver or people like him, but it’s definitely not the place to somehow tie that to political rhetoric.

11 hours ago, Orneno said:

This forum is not really the place to rant against suspiciousobserver or people like him, but it’s definitely not the place to somehow tie that to political rhetoric.

Maybe not, but the problem with talking about Ben or his videos is that politics inevitably does get brought up in them. Like a lot.

Also, he posted a mega-compilation of his Earth Doomsday Cycle "theory" just today, not sure if linking to it is against the rules, but here it is anyway.

11 hours ago, Orneno said:

The beginning of this topic - not the entire forum - is "Solar Micronova 2046". So, there is no reason not to consider this concept - the "Solar Micronova" - and the scientific theories it is based on. I can insist that according to what Ben Davidson claims of the nature of the "Micro Nova" and the theory he refers to, there is no SCIENTIFIC evidence that these "Micro Novas" exist. Yet Davidson uses his "scientific thinking" and claims that he has actually proved the existence of "micro novas". I am open to scientific ideas, even the existence of "micro novas", IF a researcher gives observational and theoretical evidence of these phenomena.

Well, I go further and start to think about the agenda behind the thoughts of Ben Davidson. Religious right wing conservatism, I conclude. There is nothing bad about religious right wing conservatism, as long as it is not drawn into scientific thinking, insisting that one's science is better than anyone else's and forgetting all about the nature of "pure" science. It is just like in the former Soviet Union, where Quantum Mechanics wasn't an acceptable physical theory because of the "indeterministic aspects" - contrary to materialistic world view of communism - the theory included.

Of course, "pure" science no longer exists, there are no more Isaac Newtons and Albert Einsteins seeking the ultimate truth. There are scientists competing the finance to be able to make research one wants. So there is always society, money and the political system involved. Well, perhaps it has always been so. But the main point is that within science one must all the time take into account these external forces and their impacts into scientific research. When these are carefully considered, perhaps one can filter within the scientific research the "pearls" of it, the research that is done with the most honest directive, to fulfill the demands of the "pure" scientific research, the agenda of which is to understand the ways the reality which we observe with our senses works.

Look everybody. Microniva or not, it has been known for twenty years that an EMP from a superflare will destroy the worldwide grid and melt all the nuclear reactors and the cooled pools! Especially since we recently discovered that an EMP HAPPENS INSTANTLY. Not after 12 hours…

the northern hemisphere will be uninhabitable… so enjoy the time left…

52 minutes ago, Patrick Geryl said:

Look everybody. Microniva or not, it has been known for twenty years that an EMP from a superflare will destroy the worldwide grid and melt all the nuclear reactors and the cooled pools! Especially since we recently discovered that an EMP HAPPENS INSTANTLY. Not after 12 hours…

Care to explain your sources? Because that would help a lot, and what of the Southern Hemisphere? Is that also going to be uninhabitable? Wouldn't that technically mean total extinction of life if that's the case? Your words read like Ben's when it comes to such an event, and it's concerning me.

41 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

Some people want destruction and chaos. How do you change that.

Simple, you can't. Patrick's right in that the governments have been slacking in dealing with dealing with solar flares, as for the people who want destruction and chaos? Easy, you can't. They have that mindset in which the only thing that'll please them is the death of everything short of themselves (and even then, sometimes themselves as well). It's the common sleight you see on both ends of the spectrum, not just the side that Ben or his 580k subs are on.

1 hour ago, Patrick Geryl said:

You can't just throw out claims like that and not back it up...

Otherwise it's pretty clear it's just to get people's attention and doesn't have any actual science or data or anything

Religious right wing conservatism, I conclude. There is nothing bad about religious right wing conservatism...

This comes across as trolling/baiting. 

Of course, "pure" science no longer exists, there are no more Isaac Newtons and Albert Einsteins seeking the ultimate truth. 

Again, how do you know this? Wouldn't "pure" science be independent of who is conducting the science? Science has never claimed/sought ultimate truth, so I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion. 

10 hours ago, Patrick Geryl said:

Damn Patrick, you went full doomsday. You itching for an apocalypse? 

10 hours ago, Jesterface23 said:

Some people want destruction and chaos. How do you change that.

You don't, they seek the fantasy to turn a complex world into a simple one. Also, they can indulge in a prophet fantasy as an exceptional survivor. The ego is glorified to a blinding brightness to prevent a global perspective from intruding on their established world view. (Just my dime store psych-analyzation)

Edited by Archmonoth

6 uren geleden, Quilloz zei:

Care to explain your sources? Because that would help a lot, and what of the Southern Hemisphere? Is that also going to be uninhabitable? Wouldn't that technically mean total extinction of life if that's the case? Your words read like Ben's when it comes to such an event, and it's concerning me.

Simple, you can't. Patrick's right in that the governments have been slacking in dealing with dealing with solar flares, as for the people who want destruction and chaos? Easy, you can't. They have that mindset in which the only thing that'll please them is the death of everything short of themselves (and even then, sometimes themselves as well). It's the common sleight you see on both ends of the spectrum, not just the side that Ben or his 580k subs are on.

A Simulation of the Nuclear High‐Altitude Electromagnetic Pulse (HEMP) Produced by the X‐Ray in the Ionosphere - Yao - 2021 - Journal of Geophysical Research: Space Physics - Wiley Online Library

https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1029/2021JA029533

1 hour ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Pretty sure he is. 

Well if you actually search up his name, you'll find that he wrote books about the supposed 2012 apocalypse when that was still a huge thing. Wouldn't surprise me if his research is tied into the apocalypse too, much like Davidson (I mean Pat did link to one of Ben's videos in another thread, so...)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Patrick Geryl said:

A Simulation of the Nuclear High‐Altitude Electromagnetic Pulse (HEMP) Produced by the X‐Ray in the Ionosphere - Yao - 2021 - Journal of Geophysical Research: Space Physics - Wiley Online Library

https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1029/2021JA029533

Your original subject is about the impact of the sun's super flare. Then you link the study about the (man-made [by nuclear explosion]) Nuclear High‐Altitude Electromagnetic Pulse (HEMP). What is the logic to compare these two phenomena, sun's Super Flare and HEMP? And if you please give us the reason to this by scientifically proper arguments, meaning what are the similarities between these two phenomena? Well, there might be similarities, but you should be capable of telling us about them.

This is an example what I mean by declaring "war" against the Suspicious Observers. I leave questions to the comment fields to be answered. No answers with scientific reasoning has never been given by the SO community.

But I think I will start to explore what's really inside in these interesting pages of the spaceweatherlive.com. There is no need for me to continue this "Don Quijote" mission against these "Doomsday scientists" - although keeping up questioning their "scientific work". That "Doomsday Science" is so deeply rooted in their minds, that nothing can chance their way of thinking. Not even scientific evidence. And one scientific fact is that a super flare is capable of destroying the lifeforms on earth - IF the conditions are "perfect" - the occurence, strength and the direction of the flare are just right. Here is a study about this: https://academic.oup.com/pasj/article/65/3/49/1523862. But that is just a scientific fact. Of course one can attach all kinds of superfluous powers to this phenomenon, as mankind has done during the past thousands of years when encountering unknown phenomena. But that is just natural. I also keep my mind open to the existence of the "hidden" reality. But in principle, my belief is in the detector and its measurements when interacting with a phenomenon it detects.

On 12/26/2021 at 4:19 AM, Jarmo Kanerva said:

This is an example what I mean by declaring "war" against the Suspicious Observers. I leave questions to the comment fields to be answered. No answers with scientific reasoning has never been given by the SO community.

Why would there be? Most of Ben's followers are not knowledgeable in that topic, and Ben himself likes to assume his followers are, and won't accept that many of them aren't. He makes his videos with the anticipation that people know what he's talking about, or for that matter, agrees with his opinions and views on the topic. Anyone else who disagrees with him or are confused he won't spend the energy on and tells them to screw off or sends his fanboys after. And that's if they aren't LARPing as weathermen or praising God and Trump.

Which of course brings me back to the original question of the topic before it got derailed into this declaration of war. Is it or is it not possible for an event as described by Davidson to be possible, let alone in 24 or so years? I apologize since I'll be posting links to Ben's videos in order to get my question across. But I feel it's the only way I can express the point.

Edited by Quilloz

Why would you put such effort into trying to make Ben look bad? I smell jealousy. If he is an imposter scientist, let him dig his own grave. If he really doesn't know what he's talking about he wouldn't have built the fan base he has now, and I believe that anyone who see your posts bashing him, trying to make him out to be a liar will be disgusted at your efforts to discredit him. I say give the guy some credit.  He puts a lot of time in on this topic.

And save the backlash it will not be read.

Ben Davidson, keep on keeping on!

Quillos, shame on you.

Edited by Brett Lee

10 hours ago, Brett Lee said:

Why would you put such effort into trying to make Ben look bad? I smell jealousy. If he is an imposter scientist, let him dig his own grave. If he really doesn't know what he's talking about he wouldn't have built the fan base he has now, and I believe that anyone who see your posts bashing him, trying to make him out to be a liar will be disgusted at your efforts to discredit him. I say give the guy some credit.  He puts a lot of time in on this topic.

Ben Davidson, keep on keeping on!

Quillos, shame on you.

Look, I'm not sure if he's right or wrong given the reliability of the internet at large these days, but your comment makes me want to bring up a few things (also note that Jarmo declared war on Ben, so why aren't you calling him out over that?):

- His view count vs. comment count is very "suspicious" whenever a video drops. Namely in that it's odd that his videos get tens of thousands of views, but only barely a thousand comments, most of them barely relating to the video at hand.

- He's almost never accepting to anyone else's views and opinions, scientific or otherwise (especially as far as political and religious views are concerned, but this isn't the time or place for that discussion).

- In my eyes, he loses a lot of cred simply because of his smug attitude and constant slandering to science and scientists in general even when he's supposed to be presenting his research. It's fine if you don't agree with NASA and the like, after all opinions are opinions. But does he really need to call out for them to be jailed or executed just because Dark Matter may or may not actually exist? He also claims to be anti-censorship, yet blocks anyone with a discerning opinion that goes against his. That to me screams someone who is less of a scientist and more someone with a massive ego who wants to be heard. He even made a video addressing his "haters", which reeks more of a Reddit-tier rant than anything.

- His fans are arguably far worse than Ben ever could be. And are likely influencing his current behavior. Again, not really the time and place, but many of them are incredibly hard core Conservatives who want to see the world burn, or buy into things like Nibiru.

- I'd argue the fact that he puts so much time into his topics are also a detriment. It again ties into him being unwilling to accept anyone else's opinions, and to add to it, the end result usually doesn't match up with said effort. Hell, he doesn't really go into detail in his videos and expect his followers (many of who are only there to really see him rip into the people he hates more than the actual science-y things he talks about) to understand. Then bitch and moan when they don't. Once again, that doesn't come off as the behavior of a man who claims to be scientifically literate as it does a man with severe personality issues.

- He's building his own "Ranch" and is inviting people to stay on it when the event is supposed to happen. Call me crazy, but I don't think that's what a scientist would do either.

Any credibility Ben could have had, he pretty much threw into the trash the moment he decided YouTube was a good enough platform to share his information on instead of actually publishing his information on a site like ResearchGate. And how can you say he does "Good Work" when his earliest videos had him talk about HAARP and the Illuminati? I'm sure someone else would also like to pick apart that comment better than I can, but I will ask this: do you think Ben is right about anything he brings up? I await your answer.

Edited by Quilloz
  • Like 1

Applause to those of you who wrote more than a sentence on this topic, and kept it respectful. Everyone else, you merely sunk this discussion to a level of discourse that I personally suggest everyone avoids reading or participating in - it's kinda dumb, and there's not much to glean from it at this point. Also, I believe the only remaining basis for the discussion continuing is lambasting a dude for something we all agree to disagree on. Pretty damn useless and toxic imo.

20 hours ago, Brett Lee said:

When faced with an imposter, a troll or a fear monger, direct argument is like doing a crossword puzzle. Take the sensitization out and what is left? Speculation? A worthy idea? Or is the fear the product being sold? You are giving them credit because they made a product on speculation, and that's your opinion, but what you are suggesting is that someone being correct is based on their enthusiasm. As an enthusiast I can assure you I am wrong quite frequently. 

20 hours ago, Brett Lee said:

Why would I let a perfectly good speculative argument go to waste? 

On 1/3/2022 at 10:03 AM, Christopher S. said:

Applause to those of you who wrote more than a sentence on this topic, and kept it respectful. Everyone else, you merely sunk this discussion to a level of discourse that I personally suggest everyone avoids reading or participating in - it's kinda dumb, and there's not much to glean from it at this point. Also, I believe the only remaining basis for the discussion continuing is lambasting a dude for something we all agree to disagree on. Pretty damn useless and toxic imo.

While I admit that I'm not blameless on that front (It's my thread after all), I think the real issue is that people, myself included, have gone off track greatly from the idea of the Micronova, to talking about the one of the main people proposing the theory, and either declaring war on him or praising him (the fact that Brett Lee above said "Shame on you" to me, should be a tip off). I think it was honestly inevitable the moment I mentioned Davidson's name earlier in the thread.

56 minutes ago, Quilloz said:

While I admit that I'm not blameless on that front (It's my thread after all), I think the real issue is that people, myself included, have gone off track greatly from the idea of the Micronova, to talking about the one of the main people proposing the theory, and either declaring war on him or praising him (the fact that Brett Lee above said "Shame on you" to me, should be a tip off). I think it was honestly inevitable the moment I mentioned Davidson's name earlier in the thread.

Sure, I just thought I'd drop in to tactically fend off echo-chambering what was already concluded earlier, since that usually results in other unwanted interactions between one another.

• Like 1