Solar Micronova in 2046

Quilloz

Catastrophe can strike at any time, no reason to wait until 2046! :)

I don't mean to sound dismissive, yet I have nothing to go on. A basic internet search says there is nothing called a "micro nova", other than youtube speculation. I don't see any published papers, no wiki articles, no studies of any kind. Can you describe the event more please? 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Archmonoth said:

Catastrophe can strike at any time, no reason to wait until 2046! :)

I don't mean to sound dismissive, yet I have nothing to go on. A basic internet search says there is nothing called a "micro nova", other than youtube speculation. I don't see any published papers, no wiki articles, no studies of any kind. Can you describe the event more please? 

Yeah, of course I can.

Simply put, this one guy Doug Vogt claims that in 2046, a layer of dust on the sun will novae out into the cosmos, one of those places being Earth. Which will then trigger an ice age due to all the dust and the pole flip it will cause. Many people have rolled with it (least of all being that Ben Davidson/Suspicious0bservers guy, though his version comes off more as a cheap doomsday movie by including things like the Earth's crust itself flipping around so that North is South and vice versa), and it's been brought up semi-regularly on reddit, Quora and other forums. A couple of news sites have also reported on this, and supposedly all the evidence is in a book by Chan Thomas that the CIA also supposedly covered up.

Type in "Solar Micronova" or "Solar Micronova 2046", there's some more relevant results there. Thing is, most of them are either half a decade old or are, like with Reddit, on conspiracy-type places. Also the whole "The sun is waking up and proving to be stronger than we thought this cycle" conclusion most people are settling on now seems to negate this.

2 hours ago, Quilloz said:

Simply put, this one guy Doug Vogt claims that in 2046, a layer of dust on the sun will novae out into the cosmos, one of those places being Earth.

The surface of the Sun is 6000 degrees Kelvin, how does the dust not get consumed? What is the dust made of? If dust is building up, wouldn't we be able to see it? 

I wouldn't give Doug's speculation too much credit, especially if they are claiming the CIA is covering it up. 

Carbon stars are cooler stars which gather layers of dust. Perhaps they could explode in a manner you are suggesting: Carbon star - Wikipedia

Potentially carbon stars can cool slow enough to form crystalline structures. :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Archmonoth said:

The surface of the Sun is 6000 degrees Kelvin, how does the dust not get consumed? What is the dust made of? If dust is building up, wouldn't we be able to see it? 

I wouldn't give Doug's speculation too much credit, especially if they are claiming the CIA is covering it up. 

Carbon stars are cooler stars which gather layers of dust. Perhaps they could explode in a manner you are suggesting: Carbon star - Wikipedia

Potentially carbon stars can cool slow enough to form crystalline structures. :)

Thing is, Vogt has an entire series about this that he's adding onto every so often. Haven't watched it myself (and won't given it's served the basis of many a conspiracy theorist as of late, not just Davidson and his channel of insanity), but apparently he goes into a huge heap of detail and bases a lot of his research on the Hebrew Bible, a red flag, I'm certain.

At what point to we admit to ourselves that these types of things are fiction, and that it's okay to enjoy fictitious media or thought experiments(imagination)?

Because that's all it is. Someone else created a narrative, and you either believe it or you do some research. Fortunately it takes 0 research and just common sense to say that predicting what the Sun is going to do in 25 years(a nice round multiple of 5, conveniently) is impossible, apart from the usual activity through solar cycles.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Christopher S. said:

At what point to we admit to ourselves that these types of things are fiction, and that it's okay to enjoy fictitious media or thought experiments(imagination)?

Because that's all it is. Someone else created a narrative, and you either believe it or you do some research. Fortunately it takes 0 research and just common sense to say that predicting what the Sun is going to do in 25 years(a nice round multiple of 5, conveniently) is impossible, apart from the usual activity through solar cycles.

As long as these people peddle their wares or the internet exists, I don't think we'll ever know the answer. Because there are plenty of people out there who support these theories unironically, and just as many (such as myself) with varying forms of anxiety over such situations not only because the sun is a legitimate threat if the cards aren't played right, but no one actually wants the world, be it society or existence itself, to end so abruptly. That's why, from what I've seen, people get sucked into these types of things. It's been an ongoing problem since forever, and has only gotten worse over time. With me, it's especially the case as the micronova feeds off of my real fear of something like a CME or stray asteroid (something I won't get into detail here, but people are just as bad with space rocks as they are the sun) hitting the Earth. That's the reason why I made this thread, as I don't know if a CME could ever get as powerful as what Vogt describes, and it is a legit worry on my end (less so the date, seeing as a CME can hit anytime).

Neither does it help that some of these peddlers of "science" are either anti-science, anti-establishment, or both. And love to show that off every chance they have, like Davidson does, as recently he's actually declared war on NASA for not agreeing with his supposed findings about the climate and solar activity.

Edited by Quilloz

1 hour ago, Quilloz said:

..... no one actually wants the world, be it society or existence itself, to end so abruptly.

I wouldn't be so certain on this point. A clear narrative is preferred to a complex one. I suspect one of the reasons history repeats is because the unknown is more painful than picking up the mask and playing the characters of the past. If an afterlife is a foundational idea in your belief system, an abrupt end can be clean justice. 

Perhaps society could use some decay, plenty of ideas could be tossed out and remade, without the burden of tradition. Existence itself is not beyond death/ending either, but that's another conversation :) 

19 minutes ago, Archmonoth said:

I wouldn't be so certain on this point. A clear narrative is preferred to a complex one. I suspect one of the reasons history repeats is because the unknown is more painful than picking up the mask and playing the characters of the past. If an afterlife is a foundational idea in your belief system, an abrupt end can be clean justice. 

Perhaps society could use some decay, plenty of ideas could be tossed out and remade, without the burden of tradition. Existence itself is not beyond death/ending either, but that's another conversation :) 

So are you telling me, and by proxy everyone else here, that you actually agree with the people who use doomsday plots like a CME, "Micronova" or an asteroid strike (or even manmade stuff like World War III)? Or am I misconstruing things?

6 hours ago, Quilloz said:

So are you telling me, and by proxy everyone else here, that you actually agree with the people who use doomsday plots like a CME, "Micronova" or an asteroid strike (or even manmade stuff like World War III)? Or am I misconstruing things?

I was saying that people (in general) wishing for the end times is not uncommon or unusual. Your post seemed to put society, existence, and such all packed together, I was unpacking the ideas.  

Edited by Archmonoth

Hello all!

For now this is just theory. The CIA did infact have a version of "Adam and Eve" classified. They however had it declassified when someone requested it via the Freedom of Information Act, I will post links shortly about all of this. Search this phrase-  Effects on spinning things in space. This will show you that the earth does intact flip 90° every 12000 years like clockwork. Don't discount the idea until you see this! I'll post links.

Solar Micro Nova/ Solar Flash

https://fb.watch/8rOSOt7Wyu/

Keep in mind that there are scientific facts to verify 99% of this info. It's very interesting at least.

In the Adam and Eve book, the description of the end of the world via the earth turning on its side AND coming to a screeching halt for 3 days and then resuming its spin except Antarctica was now at the equator and I think it was North America at the North Pole. Keep an open mind and no one can really be certain what WILL happen. But we can learn things from history like cyclical events that show in the data. If something shows up at the same intervals over thousands of years one would assume the cycle would continue. Every 12000 years for the last 100000 years or so that we can see in the glacial cores, and rain forest data ie tree ring data etc.

13 hours ago, Bleevitornot said:

For now this is just theory.

I would say speculation at best. :)

This will show you that the earth does intact flip 90° every 12000 years like clockwork. 

The magnetic pole flips on average 450,000 years, but not regularly, and not the entire planet. Sometimes lasting 22,000 years to undergo the process. There are no studies, or evidence which show the axis tilt of the planet has moved 90 degrees frequently, recently, or at all.  

Keep in mind that there are scientific facts to verify 99% of this info. It's very interesting at least.

Shocking! 

In the Adam and Eve book, the description of the end of the world via the earth turning on its side AND coming to a screeching halt for 3 days and then resuming its spin except Antarctica was now at the equator and I think it was North America at the North Pole.

How is the momentum conserved? Wouldn't such a sudden stop ionize the atmosphere? 

Keep an open mind and no one can really be certain what WILL happen.

I can be certain of things NOT happening. For example if I travel to Hawaii, I am certain I won't be in Alaska. 

Edited by Archmonoth

On 10/4/2021 at 8:36 AM, Quilloz said:

This has been something bothering me ever since I heard about it last year: Is there such a thing as a solar micronova event? And could it happen in our lifetimes? I keep hearing 2046 as the potential date.

Quilloz: You have been worrying about this since last year, I truly do sympathise.

Someone once said to me about worry: Can you alter the situation? Then do so. If you can't change the situation it is pointless to worry about it. No amount of worry will change anything. 

Whether these things that you describe are real or not (I don't believe they are), the fear you felt was real.

My advice then, for what it is worth, is to steer away from the things that worry you and devote your time to things that are backed up by good science and research.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Newbie said:

Quilloz: You have been worrying about this since last year, I truly do sympathise.

Someone once said to me about worry: Can you alter the situation? Then do so. If you can't change the situation it is pointless to worry about it. No amount of worry will change anything. 

Whether these things that you describe are real or not (I don't believe they are), the fear you felt was real.

My advice then, for what it is worth, is to steer away from the things that worry you and devote your time to things that are backed up by good science and research.  

Thing is, it's not necessarily the Micronova theory itself that bothers me (since when you really look at it, it's way too specific to be taken 100% seriously), it's the already irrational fear I have about CMEs and other spacial activities like asteroids that gets intensified whenever I hear about it. And the lack of information really doesn't help with that.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Quilloz said:

Thing is, it's not necessarily the Micronova theory itself that bothers me (since when you really look at it, it's way too specific to be taken 100% seriously), it's the already irrational fear I have about CMEs and other spacial activities like asteroids that gets intensified whenever I hear about it. And the lack of information really doesn't help with that.

Quilloz:

Our ancestors lived through the Carrington Event in 1859, which is supposed to have been the greatest solar storm recorded, to my knowledge. That we live today, is evidence that these storms have not harmed human life. Sure there would have been people frightened by the colour of the night sky and the strange things that happened around telegraph stations, but life continued on afterwards and has done so ever since. There are so many other natural phenomena that we understand and are familiar with that can impact our life on Earth. 

With regards to asteroids, certainly they pose a greater threat to life on Earth, but the chances of Earth sustaining a direct hit are incredibly, incredibly small. To put it in context, you have a far greater chance of being hit by lightning or run over by a car.

If you know that hearing about some things will cause you to be anxious, avoid them. :) :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Newbie said:

Quilloz:

Our ancestors lived through the Carrington Event in 1859, which is supposed to have been the greatest solar storm recorded, to my knowledge. That we live today, is evidence that these storms have not harmed human life. Sure there would have been people frightened by the colour of the night sky and the strange things that happened around telegraph stations, but life continued on afterwards and has done so ever since. There are so many other natural phenomena that we understand and are familiar with that can impact our life on Earth. 

With regards to asteroids, certainly they pose a greater threat to life on Earth, but the chances of Earth sustaining a direct hit are incredibly, incredibly small. To put it in context, you have a far greater chance of being hit by lightning or run over by a car.

If you know that hearing about some things will cause you to be anxious, avoid them. :) :)

Easier said than done. It's like a bad habit, and I have no idea how to make it go away for extended periods of time. Especially when it comes to looking up more specific topics and people regarding the subject.

57 minutes ago, Quilloz said:

Easier said than done. It's like a bad habit, and I have no idea how to make it go away for extended periods of time. Especially when it comes to looking up more specific topics and people regarding the subject.

I'm really saddened to hear of the anxiety that it has caused you, you are not alone in the way you feel.

As far as CME's and Solar Storms, you will probably have to experience one such event before you come to realise that it was really nothing at all. The Earth's magnetic field keeps us safe.

Quilloz: I don't know how old you are, but in 2003 there was a large solar storm event around Halloween. I wasn't even aware that there had been a Solar Storm until I read about it many years later.

As people understand more about those things that cause fear, they becomes less scary. Study only the facts, avoid sensationalist stuff. Ask lots of questions of people you trust.

Look after yourself, 

Newbie :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Quilloz said:

I know exactly how you feel, the idea that certain doom could come thanks to shenanigans in space makes us feel like we can't do anything but watch helplessly. That fear is exactly what fearmongers use to keep you hooked in their content about something that 'could' happen because of 'ifs' or other events that happened billions of lightyears from here.

But stick around, looking around a forum with people who actually research on the topic will do you good. Look for constructive conversations and genuine threads. You'll see that people are not scared but ecstatic about studying space and it's effects. And it's not bad to ask if something is real or not, even if you think it's too freighting or absurd since finding and understanding content about space when you're not an expert is really difficult.

I am not expert in Space Weather either, but I've been reading most discussions in here and it helped me learn to differentiate genuine topics from ones people try to hook you through fearmongering. I still have my moments of existential dread, no matter how much I am aware something is exaggerated, but eventually it all goes away thanks to learning about everything else backing up that our lives won't end suddenly because of some space event.

Edited by Webtrip294
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Newbie said:

I'm really saddened to hear of the anxiety that it has caused you, you are not alone in the way you feel.

As far as CME's and Solar Storms, you will probably have to experience one such event before you come to realise that it was really nothing at all. The Earth's magnetic field keeps us safe.

Quilloz: I don't know how old you are, but in 2003 there was a large solar storm event around Halloween. I wasn't even aware that there had been a Solar Storm until I read about it many years later.

As people understand more about those things that cause fear, they becomes less scary. Study only the facts, avoid sensationalist stuff. Ask lots of questions of people you trust.

Look after yourself, 

Newbie :)

27, so I would have been 9 when that storm happened. Thing is though, with all these YouTubers talking about things like the "Grand Solar Minimum" or "micronova", coupled with all the clickbait sites talking on and on about the "internet apocalypse", it's next to impossible to ignore stuff like this. At this point, sensationalism is all what most people will understand it seems. Not helped by some of these people *coughdavidsoncough* are very much anti-science with their approach.

7 hours ago, Webtrip294 said:

I know exactly how you feel, the idea that certain doom could come thanks to shenanigans in space makes us feel like we can't do anything but watch helplessly. That fear is exactly what fearmongers use to keep you hooked in their content about something that 'could' happen because of 'ifs' or other events that happened billions of lightyears from here.

But stick around, looking around a forum with people who actually research on the topic will do you good. Look for constructive conversations and genuine threads. You'll see that people are not scared but ecstatic about studying space and it's effects. And it's not bad to ask if something is real or not, even if you think it's too freighting or absurd since finding and understanding content about space when you're not an expert is really difficult.

I am not expert in Space Weather either, but I've been reading most discussions in here and it helped me learn to differentiate genuine topics from ones people try to hook you through fearmongering. I still have my moments of existential dread, no matter how much I am aware something is exaggerated, but eventually it all goes away thanks to learning about everything else backing up that our lives won't end suddenly because of some space event.

One of the things I noticed though is that this seems to be the only one that actually fits the criteria. And even then, it humors the ideas of Patrick Gryll, a man who wrote several books on how 2012 will be the end of civilization. Most of the others I've seen are firmly in the fearmonger camp, which frightens me. And like I said before, I tend to get rather specific with my searches, and wind up on the things I don't want to be on despite telling myself that I won't. I don't have any idea how to actually stop myself doing such a thing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Quilloz said:

One of the things I noticed though is that this seems to be the only one that actually fits the criteria. And even then, it humors the ideas of Patrick Gryll, a man who wrote several books on how 2012 will be the end of civilization.

I did not know this was the same person who posts here. (The picture of both people are the same)

9 hours ago, Quilloz said:

Most of the others I've seen are firmly in the fearmonger camp, which frightens me. And like I said before, I tend to get rather specific with my searches, and wind up on the things I don't want to be on despite telling myself that I won't. I don't have any idea how to actually stop myself doing such a thing.

I empathize, I feel fear on a daily basis. I think once explored, fear is the urgency of life, and while it is irrational, its because you have a developed a strong life/survival instinct. In psychology there is a theory which describes this called Terror Management Theory, and the basic idea is that death is the basis of the terror., which is also the basis of value and meaning, or existential importance/purpose. We can not uproot or deny terror if we accept something is important. I ran into this idea reading an author named Thomas Ligotti, who used it as a point of in the book "The Conspiracy Against The Human Race".  It helped me accept what irrational fear can be, rather than trying to purge myself of it. 

Here is the wiki link for TMT: Terror management theory - Wikipedia

Those with nothing to lose, have nothing to fear. Fear shows us what we care about; its like hunger, its built into our bones.

I wish I could offer more. :(

Edited by Archmonoth
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Archmonoth said:

I did not know this was the same person who posts here. (The picture of both people are the same)

I empathize, I feel fear on a daily basis. I think once explored, fear is the urgency of life, and while it is irrational, its because you have a developed a strong life/survival instinct. In psychology there is a theory which describes this called Terror Management Theory, and the basic idea is that death is the basis of the terror., which is also the basis of value and meaning, or existential importance/purpose. We can not uproot or deny terror if we accept something is important. I ran into this idea reading an author named Thomas Ligotti, who used it as a point of in the book "The Conspiracy Against The Human Race".  It helped me accept what irrational fear can be, rather than trying to purge myself of it. 

Here is the wiki link for TMT: Terror management theory - Wikipedia

Those with nothing to lose, have nothing to fear. Fear shows us what we care about; its like hunger, its built into our bones.

I wish I could offer more. :(

Yep, and while I can't 100% prove it, he apparently teamed up with the Suspicious0bsevrer himself Ben Davidson back in 2012. Which would make him posting a video from the guy's account on this site make a lot more sense.

Also thanks for the link.

• Like 1

I too suffer from severe anxiety daily. I'm bipolar so  I know every human emotion too well for I am on an emotional rollercoaster daily. I'm not spreading fear. I try to provide the evidence that has made me at least recognize that these catastrophes are absolutely possible. 

Also in the past, anyone that claimed something so strange or extreme was basically labeled crazy, dismissed, or in some cases there life was made unbearable. Only to realize later that the person was actually right. Just keep an open mind. Don't believe everything you hear or see, but do some research and look at it from multiple perspectives and come to your own conclusions. It may be speculation today, but tomorrow it may not be. 

Even when something sounds ridiculous, don't dismiss the idea because it's not the norm. You do yourselves a great disservice if you don't try to see things from different pov.

1 hour ago, Bleevitornot said:

Also in the past, anyone that claimed something so strange or extreme was basically labeled crazy, dismissed, or in some cases there life was made unbearable. Only to realize later that the person was actually right.

The process of realization proves the idea. Unrealized ideas can be dismissed or ignored until they are proven in some way. Do you accept everything because it might be correct? How do you determine what is correct?

Rather than true/false, try 3VL (3 value logic) there is truth, false, and the unknown.

Something which is unknown is neither true nor false, so there is no need to accept or dismiss it. 

Just keep an open mind. Don't believe everything you hear or see, but do some research and look at it from multiple perspectives and come to your own conclusions. It may be speculation today, but tomorrow it may not be. 

I try to doubt my own conclusions as much as possible. The eyes deceive, the mind imagines, these things are not truth. 

Even when something sounds ridiculous, don't dismiss the idea because it's not the norm. You do yourselves a great disservice if you don't try to see things from different pov.

Seeing things from a different point of view doesn't mean accepting a different point of view as correct. Pretending doesn't mean your ideas are correct. 

Edited by Archmonoth
  • Like 1