Emerging Flux Theory

Go to solution Solved by Parabolic,

So far, SC25 has been virtually a rerun of SC24 as regards intensity. Will there be a double peak, as there was in SC24?  

If Patrick would be so kind as to answer the question as a Yes or a No it would be helpful.

34 minuten geleden, dave zei:

So far, SC25 has been virtually a rerun of SC24 as regards intensity. Will there be a double peak, as there was in SC24?  

If Patrick would be so kind as to answer the question as a Yes or a No it would be helpful.

The answer is in my post from January 2023. The polar fields switched close together… meaning no double peak. It’s that easy.

Unfortunately nobody understands this. Why? Well… decennia ago Leif Svalgaard made a crucial fault… and everybody took it over. It is omnipresent in a lot of articles. I can’t publish the fault! Why? Because the people who made it are the peer reviewers! 

(PDF) The Anti-Phase Solution for the Average Polar Magnetic Field

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/367021425_The_Anti-Phase_Solution_for_the_Average_Polar_Magnetic_Field

Edited by Patrick P.A. Geryl
  • Cool 1

15 uren geleden, Jesterface23 zei:

Not sure if he is predicting an extremely short solar cycle there. Given one of Patrick's SC25 predictions was that it will be weaker than SC24, who knows what the second peak will do.

I already said I made a fault in the strength prediction because I wrote a wrong number in my excell file. This was corrected in peer review. And I stand by my earlier one that this will be a short cycle.

Today's daily SFU reading of 112.7. The lowest reading since November 30th, 2022.

Edited by Patrick P.A. Geryl
  • Cool 1

On 4/2/2024 at 5:11 AM, Parabolic said:

Here's a good article about "magnetic caging" If you haven't seen it yet. I believe @Philalethes has read through it as well. 

https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.3847/1538-4357/aba6ef

On 4/2/2024 at 7:20 AM, hamateur 1953 said:

Heads up to @arjemma look above ifya haven’t yet.  🐈‍⬛

Thank you so much, both of you.. and Hagrid of course ❤️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1