AR 3538

8 hours ago, Sam Warfel said:

Did you look those up?

I will admit I had to find the adjective "lachrymose" based on knowing about Mozart's Lacrimosa and the lacrimal ducts; I also double-checked to see that "lugubrious" was indeed appropriate in the context, heh.

Oh well, I guess we've seen the last of this region for now; hopefully some more visible regions will pick up the slack now that we have a fair amount of activity on the visible disc.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, hamateur 1953 said:

Hey kids. me and many others will take whatever surface population it takes to keep 10.7 around 200 sfi. Haha. 

sfu is at the level of 200 and nothing interesting is happening on the sun. Was this high level maintained thanks to AR3538 because I don't know much about it

4 hours ago, Adrian Kobyłecki said:

sfu is at the level of 200 and nothing interesting is happening on the sun. Was this high level maintained thanks to AR3538 because I don't know much about it

Yes, also 3539.  However the baseline 10.7 has been rising for the last three months or so as I just mentioned in a pm to another individual . To me, anyway, this is a further indication that we are heading towards Solar Max despite any naysayers you might read about in other threads here or elsewhere. Could I be wrong? Sure.  Not likely given our present course however.  Even after we pass Solar Max the sun has much more in store for us for at least two years on the downslope to minimum.  Stick around would be my advice. Mike/Hagrid   We just had an M1 today btw.   Looks like 186 will be offical today.  No big deal. And even if we drop below 150 again, it won’t be for long I suspect.  

Edited by hamateur 1953
Sfi update
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Adrian Kobyłecki said:

I'm sure it did contribute a fair amount to the background flux, but there are a lot of active regions right now, so it seems to remain at least firmly in the C-range for now, around C1 to C2.

• Like 1