Sunspot Latitudes at or near Solar Maximum

hamateur 1953
Go to solution Solved by Jay-B,

Sunspot latitudes as of March 4 2024 

In nine active regions (🙄) we have an average latitude of 18.5 degrees currently. Yet another signal that we haven’t passed Solar Maximum yet and more activity is certain to return soon.  I thought they had crept back up a bit and wanted to check to be certain. More optimism is justified, I should imagine.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Another spot latitude check:  As of March 21 2024 in nine active regions the average latitude is currently. 15.11 degrees.  Incidentally 10.7 solar flux index as reported by NRC was 197 at 20:00 with a 120 ssn and 730 mh area* 
looking much better Imho.  Mike. 
Edit:  AR latitudes from our site

SFI , SSN and area from Solar Ham  Kevin VE3EN site.   
* area updated to 1,000 mh and 141 ssn within twelve  hours 

Edited by hamateur 1953
Acknowledging data sources. Updated area and ssn

Posted (edited)

One relatively minor point. The sunspot numbers ( ssn) do not include high resolution ssn 1k 2k as are reported separately by Solen on Jan Alvestad’s website until such time as they become accepted internationally. 
Mike. Afterthoughts. This shouldn’t be perceived as derogatory at all.  Simply that there are many ways of calculating sunspots. I believe the current accepted numbers are ISN or International Sunspot Numbers. 

Edited by hamateur 1953
Clarity