AR 3529

chronical
Go to solution Solved by arjemma,

This sunspot group grabbed my attention today. It has been developing for quite a bit, and now there is getting interesting with 1 or 2 areas that could become more complex. It has also just produced a C7 flare I believe, but I am not 100% sure. Certainly a region to follow. Wish I could upload higher quality images but I don’t know how 😕

F1DB400D-B22E-4105-A153-18FFE47ECA2A.jpeg

Edited by chronical
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, chronical said:

This sunspot group grabbed my attention today. It has been developing for quite a bit, and now there is getting interesting with 1 or 2 areas that could become more complex. It has also just produced a C7 flare I believe, but I am not 100% sure. Certainly a region to follow. Wish I could upload higher quality images but I don’t know how 😕

You’re correct on the C 7. At least according to solar soft presently. I will add a link. https://www.lmsal.com/solarsoft/latest_events/  the table at the bottom are the 20 most recent events. With the most recent at the bottom. Mike 

Edited by hamateur 1953
Added link
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, chronical said:

This sunspot group grabbed my attention today. It has been developing for quite a bit, and now there is getting interesting with 1 or 2 areas that could become more complex. 

which ones?

the region currently : 8e4d87f87e80210962140429dec9e081.png8f1ebf654b1a59402b0bbb23f0875e67.png

I dont see a delta i think but maybe you guys can spot something. anyway here is imagery :)

Edited by MinYoongi

1 hour ago, MinYoongi said:

which ones?

the region currently : 8e4d87f87e80210962140429dec9e081.png8f1ebf654b1a59402b0bbb23f0875e67.png

I dont see a delta i think but maybe you guys can spot something. anyway here is imagery :)

The wall of positive and negative polarities beside the big unipolar sunspot was more promising earlier today, guess it decayed a little sadly.

23 minutes ago, Liam Rice said:

I’m relatively new to space weather, does anyone know what this strange filament is that came out in the left side just now? Not seeing anything CME wise yet but will have to wait.

do you have imagery?

30 minutes ago, arjemma said:

There is still foreshortening but it does look promising.

you think? i see no delta, why promising?  Nasa posted about it but the last sentence is confusing me a bit, weird wording.275ea83642ceb817be9c29b8bc454b02.jpg

to me it looks a bit like beta gamma but i didnt strike it as something crazy special can someone maybe fill me in?

it got 5% X flare chance at 13UTC but i dont know why

1 hour ago, chronical said:

The wall of positive and negative polarities beside the big unipolar sunspot was more promising earlier today, guess it decayed a little sadly.

you cant only look at the left picture, its very pale blue also had no really spots to it if you compare with the right. you always have to overlay both and compare, not only look at blue and red stoically

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Drax Spacex said:

AR3529's current growth rate is higher than other current ARs.  On the next Solar Region Summary update, AR3529 size may cover the greatest area (in MH), surpassing AR 3519.

but only talking about the AR's currently on disc right? What about complexity? i dont see a delta but i think maybe a bit gamma-ry? mostly beta though? 

also, what does MH mean? Sorry, horrible with abbreviations.

35 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

you cant only look at the left picture, its very pale blue also had no really spots to it if you compare with the right. you always have to overlay both and compare, not only look at blue and red stoically

I did forget to check about it when I first did this post, whoops. I’ll try and not forget next time, thanks :D

• Cool 1

3 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

but only talking about the AR's currently on disc right? What about complexity? i dont see a delta but i think maybe a bit gamma-ry? mostly beta though? 

also, what does MH mean? Sorry, horrible with abbreviations.

I don't think there is a delta yet either but there is still some foreshortening so it's hard to be sure. However I do agree it should be a beta-gamma at least.

1 minute ago, arjemma said:

I don't think there is a delta yet either but there is still some foreshortening so it's hard to be sure. However I do agree it should be a beta-gamma at least.

thanks arjemma! i was just confused because it does not look toooooo crazy complex to me

i can see a tiny red spot in the blue, is that the gamma? (im rusty!!)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Drax Spacex said:

AR3529's current growth rate is higher than other current ARs.  On the next Solar Region Summary update, AR3529 size may cover the greatest area (in MH), surpassing AR 3519.

Absolutely @Drax Spacex  In addition to this regions rapid growth 3519 appears to have shrunk somewhat.  In only six hours noticeable growth in 3529. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Adrian Kobyłecki said:

I think it's already β-γ-δ. It started flashing flares frequently https://gyazo.com/a85048fc682c0e161e8473986853c6f1

You need to see a delta to have a delta, c class flares are not a sign of a delta, i can post some pictures of the region for comparison/evaluation when I’m back at the pc