AR 3511

hamateur 1953
Go to solution Solved by Newbie,

5 minutes ago, Newbie said:

I was looking at the activity of AR 13511 and noted that up until now it has been responsible for 4 M flares and 29 C flares. Then I looked at the activity of AR 13513 so far it has produced 5 M flares and 42 C flares.

That’s quite some activity for two AR’s.

N.

Wow!! Indeed!  We have a serious shortage of those X class flares, however.  @3gMikewho has been keeping tally says we are doing very well in the M class and C class.  I haven’t asked him about X class.  Maybe he will weigh in with some statistics before years end.  Tnx.  Mike/ Hagrid. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hamateur 1953 said:

Wow!! Indeed!  We have a serious shortage of those X class flares, however.  @3gMikewho has been keeping tally says we are doing very well in the M class and C class.  I haven’t asked him about X class.  Maybe he will weigh in with some statistics before years end.  Tnx.  Mike/ Hagrid. 

Unfortunately X flares have been few and far between the last one being on the 7th of August this year. X1.51

N.

• Like 1

Otter likes again doggone it.  Yes, that 151 stares at me like the mounting days since Montague Street bridge was last struck by a vehicle!!  94 days now!! Not a record but probably painful to the poor glass truck driver that is now internationally famous!! Pleeease someone hit the bridge! Would be my plea!  Hahaha. 

• Haha 2

a bit more than third of a year (125 days) without X-flares is quite frustrating. but between 29 March X-flare and 20 June X-flare there were 82 days, so it is not the first time. however we had M9.82 right in front of us with CME and G3 storm

Edited by tniickck
  • Like 1

Yup @tniickckabsolutely true!

10 minutes ago, tniickck said:

a bit more than third of a year (125 days) without X-flares is quite frustrating. but between 29 March X-flare and 20 June X-flare there were 82 days, so it is not the first time. however we had M9.82 right in front of us with CME and G3 storm

Even solar ham said may as well call it an X flare, that’s how desperate we are now!  Haha.