AR 3511

hamateur 1953
Go to solution Solved by Newbie,

This AR seems to have grown quite a bit.  I don’t see any intermediate spots, however I think I spot a delta In the trailing positive.  I’m lousy at deltas anyway so any help is most welcomed.  Mike and Hagrid 

Edited by hamateur 1953
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, hamateur 1953 said:

This AR seems to have grown quite a bit.  I don’t see any intermediate spots, however I think I spot a delta In the trailing positive.  I’m lousy at deltas anyway so any help is most welcomed.  Mike and Hagrid 

I do agree that there is a small delta :)

Edited by mozy
spelling
  • Like 1

• Solution
2 hours ago, hamateur 1953 said:

I was looking at this earlier and noticed it has grown in the 8 hours between the pics.

Small delta is apparent and it actually produced the largest flare, a C8 today.

N.

Image.jpeg.1c40eb72bc8fb86913633662a54018d4.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mozy said:

I do agree that there is a small delta :)

16 minutes ago, Newbie said:

I was looking at this earlier and noticed it has grown in the 8 hours between the pics.

Small delta is apparent and it actually produced the largest flare, a C8 today.

N.

Image.jpeg.1c40eb72bc8fb86913633662a54018d4.jpeg

Wow.  Cool. Outta likes from viewing so much cool stuff.  But appreciate the input y’all!!   Mike and Hagrid.   ( was asleep guess who woke me up?  Ha ha!) 

Edited by hamateur 1953
  • Like 1

Ok.  We also have 3513  frying our ionosphere as I type this. Check 131 angstroms.   This has really developed quickly. Came out of nowhere and probably responsible for the M 1.6 twelve hours ago.  

Edited by hamateur 1953
3413 to correct region 3513

9 minutes ago, hamateur 1953 said:

Ok.  We also have 3513  frying our ionosphere as I type this. Check 131 angstroms.   This has really developed quickly. Came out of nowhere and probably responsible for the M 1.6 twelve hours ago.  

Which one is 3513 again? 

1 hour ago, MinYoongi said:

I hope this is the right thread or i should open one for 3510 but there seems to be an eruptive c-class flare. @Jesterface23 @Philalethes @cgrant26 

according to twitter not earth directed. 

With a little time to see it develop on C3 I'd say there isn't much Earth directed from this one but while looking at the SDO movie of that and all the flaring from the 3510/3511 area, I did notice a filament starting to lift off in the Northwest quadrant that may very well produce a CME.

2 minutes ago, cgrant26 said:

With a little time to see it develop on C3 I'd say there isn't much Earth directed from this one but while looking at the SDO movie of that and all the flaring from the 3510/3511 area, I did notice a filament starting to lift off in the Northwest quadrant that may very well produce a CME.

Please show me in the filament thread! Nice catch

IMG_8324.jpeg.f8f477b5b50a66cdad2ef3e2cce946ad.jpeg

13 hours ago, Philalethes said:

Not bad, but looks impulsive. Noticed a delta developing there earlier today, I assume some complexity emerging there was involved.

There were two magnetic deltas. The AR produced another impulsive M1.5 flare after the impulsive stronger M5.4 flare.

Perhaps there is potential for more flaring unfortunately it is approaching the limb. 

SDO Magnetogram 1024

N.

Edited by Newbie
Added to pic.
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Newbie said:

There were two magnetic deltas. The AR produced another impulsive M1.5 flare after the impulsive stronger M5.4 flare.

Perhaps there is potential for more flaring unfortunately it is approaching the limb. 

SDO Magnetogram 1024

N.

Was there really a delta in the encircled area? I don't think I ever saw any actual spots there in the negative part of it on the intensitygram, but maybe I just missed it. The one I was referring to was the one in the top part of 3511 at least, which still seems to be present.

35 minutes ago, Philalethes said:

Was there really a delta in the encircled area? I don't think I ever saw any actual spots there in the negative part of it on the intensitygram, but maybe I just missed it. The one I was referring to was the one in the top part of 3511 at least, which still seems to be present.

There was earlier, however this is the latest pic. Just now a C9.7 flare and rising. I expect it will be from this AR!

I circled the area to highlight the AR because there are three AR’s in that lot!

Ended at M1.0!

Jan Alvestaad noted this also.

Region 13511 [S21W46] developed significantly as new flux emerged in the leading spot section. A positive polarity spot emerged close to a negative polarity spot and a magnetic delta formed. The same penumbra saw a smaller magnetic delta develop in the southern part. This was likely the cause of the major M5 flare recorded late in the day. Further M class flaring is possible. C1 flares: C1.9 @ 00:49, C1.4 @ 05:30, C1.8 @ 16:18 UT

N.

Edited by Newbie
More information added
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Philalethes said:

Yeah I did not see it either, only saw them being close to it.

I’d written this guy off too.  ( not @Newbie, the AR.  Ha ha ) 

14 minutes ago, Newbie said:

There was earlier, however this is the latest pic. Just now a C9.7 flare and rising. I expect it will be from this AR!

I circled the area to highlight the AR because there are three AR’s in that lot!

Ended at M1.0!

N.

Edited by hamateur 1953
  • Haha 1

I was looking at the activity of AR 13511 and noted that up until now it has been responsible for 4 M flares and 29 C flares. Then I looked at the activity of AR 13513 so far it has produced 5 M flares and 42 C flares.

That’s quite some activity for two AR’s.

N.

• Like 2