AR 13435

Philalethes

1 minute ago, Philalethes said:

Doesn't look like it, the eruption from the first one seems to have been heading south-"east"; you can see it on LASCO around 20:30 yesterday (September 19).

Yeah, when i arrived home a few mins ago i checked :D Thank you! I almost forgot yesterdays Flare.

What do you think about the Type 2 Sweep and this possible CME?

1 minute ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

Ok there was a type II radio sweep so could be a minor CME but let’s wait for LASCO. But on the dimming difference images there wasn’t much to see

Ah, thanks :) Please keep me updated ^-^!

Just now, Philalethes said:

Yeah, that's what I thought about the impulsive flare yesterday too, but it did actually have a small eruption. Doesn't look like much from this one though, but I guess LASCO will tell eventually.

Oh, you answered this already  while i was still typing. sorry!

8 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

What do you think about the Type 2 Sweep and this possible CME?

It appears we have a CME from this M8. Can see the wave in dimming detector. I do think it was mostly directed south and east, but as always, we wont know the full picture til LASCO processes the imagery. I'm not super hopeful for this one, but this AR merits watching over the next few days!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

It looks pretty similar to the solar imagery yesterday, having a moderate eruptive event. Yesterday's CME was lacking speed.

yeah. i wonder how much is/will be earth directed.

22 minutes ago, Flareguy18 said:

It appears we have a CME from this M8. Can see the wave in dimming detector. I do think it was mostly directed south and east, but as always, we wont know the full picture til LASCO processes the imagery. I'm not super hopeful for this one, but this AR merits watching over the next few days!

did you use solardemon?

18 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

still wondering where this dude takes its spice from.

I think it's the delta that's appearing intermittently below the largest spot, forming a slightly reverse polarity grouping.

And now it did it again; and once more the flux signature looks impulsive.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

looking at the dimming difference images there is a CME launched but more directed southward. But as always we await LASCO imagery to see if there might be an Earth directed component. It's already coming in a nice position so that's a good thing :D 

Was dimming better this time? 

5 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

As long as it isn't multiple CMEs, which there is one notable one in the southeast of imagery, SA may have a full halo.

I dont understand this, help me out. :D 

1 hour ago, MinYoongi said:

I dont understand this, help me out. :D 

This seems to be the rough outline with the bright southeast directed part being a different CME,

image.thumb.jpeg.5157a4ee80e12476466b0ee23db288ee.jpeg

And with more solar imagery now, the flare looks to have been maybe between a moderate to major eruptive event. CHs to the north may just be blocking most of it on that side.

Finishing off with a quick estimation before heading off. The travel time for the CME may be somewhere around 3 days.

Edited by Jesterface23

i still dont understand how this region manages to produce such flares. and that consistently.

i can see an eruption, what do you guys say? No x-ray data due to noaa system updates until 21:30Z. looks to snap to the east. @Philalethes @Jesterface23

It's not that surprising if you ask me, at least I've seen similar from a few relatively unipolar regions in the past where there will be some complexity around them, in this case near the bottom where a delta pops up now and then, constituting a slightly reversed polarity.

Not sure which eruption you're referring to, but from the M8.2 flare earlier there seems to have been a faint eruption that's looking quite wide in the imagery, mostly southwards by the looks of it. There seems to have been a later eruption more towards "east", and a bit north, but that looks to have been a filament eruption from just beyond the limb there in the northern hemisphere.

2 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

i still dont understand how this region manages to produce such flares. and that consistently.

i can see an eruption, what do you guys say? No x-ray data due to noaa system updates until 21:30Z. looks to snap to the east. @Philalethes @Jesterface23

there is a delta, and rather big one

• Like 1

Where? I don’t see one.

If you ask me there's only very barely one right now, and that's only by virtue of some barely discernible spots. If you look at the smaller rectangle here, that's what I'm talking about:

imageedit-3-5509189258-1.gif

That's the area I mentioned previously that seems to have developed a delta on and off (emerging as it complexifies and disappearing with the magnetic rearrangement at the time of flaring).

The bigger one on the left might be what they're talking about, I'm not sure, but I wouldn't call that a delta at present as the two penumbrae seem to have a lot of clear separation between them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Philalethes said:

If you ask me there's only very barely one right now, and that's only by virtue of some barely discernible spots. If you look at the smaller rectangle here, that's what I'm talking about:

imageedit-3-5509189258-1.gif

That's the area I mentioned previously that seems to have developed a delta on and off (emerging as it complexifies and disappearing with the magnetic rearrangement at the time of flaring).

The bigger one on the left might be what they're talking about, I'm not sure, but I wouldn't call that a delta at present as the two penumbrae seem to have a lot of clear separation between them.

Yeah. Sometimes people make the mistake to only look at the magnetic layout, see 2 polarity’s squish together and think it’s a delta. But there have to be spots too.

17 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Yeah. Sometimes people make the mistake to only look at the magnetic layout, see 2 polarity’s squish together and think it’s a delta. But there have to be spots too.

Yep, exactly, and sadly lately the spots everywhere all seem to be rather small, even when numerous. The bigger one here is an exception though.

And now it's going at it again, much slower rise this time, but weaker; not sure if it will launch anything yet, doesn't quite look like it from SUVI.

4 hours ago, Jesterface23 said:

It's the first long duration flare at least?

This CME is much faster in SA's COR2 imagery than the other CMEs. I can't make out a halo from its view though so far.

I'll take a look once im at my Desktop! 

This region is the most fascinating in a long time to me.

13 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

It's tough to make make out some key features of the CME due to other CMEs, but given the region is facing near center disk the results for the travel time could be as low as 2 days. G3 would be possible.

is it a faint CME or a bigger one? bulk impact? 

not modelled by nasa yet. or noaa

(to me it looks more on the fainter side)

noaa : "

A
subsequent CME off the NE is being further analyzed at the time of this
summary. It appears to be associated with the long duration M1 flare
that peaked at 22/0336 UTC from AR 3435."