AR 13429

Philalethes

23 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

Not sure if the CME would make it to Earth, but I'd estimate a travel time to L1 of 3-4.5 days.

Scrap that, I missed one parameter and it is pretty much pushed back about 2 days.

Yep, it is very slow, with speed about 200 km/s

5 minutes ago, Philalethes said:

The SN has gone back up quite a bit over the past few days. Today's estimate from SILSO is 211, yesterday it was 194, and only a couple of days ago it was only 144.

yeah, northern hemisphere seems to has arrived on like 5th Sep and most of the regions in southern hemisphere are forming right now

And even better, equatorial in latitude in general ladies and gentlemen.  SFI is well out of the doldrums and headed towards 200 fortunately for us radio amateurs.  It is possible we will go through another lull before solar maximum, but yours truly is presently very happy at this resumption! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hamateur 1953 said:

And even better, equatorial in latitude in general ladies and gentlemen.  SFI is well out of the doldrums and headed towards 200 fortunately for us radio amateurs.  It is possible we will go through another lull before solar maximum, but yours truly is presently very happy at this resumption! 

It looks like we have a reasonable size spot coming into view at high latitude in the Northern hemisphere, with a possibility for quite a few more in both hemispheres over the next couple of weeks. Nice to see activity picking up.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 3gMike said:

It looks like we have a reasonable size spot coming into view at high latitude in the Northern hemisphere, with a possibility for quite a few more in both hemispheres over the next couple of weeks. Nice to see activity picking up.

I noticed that high-latitude spot earlier, thought it might be some further indication that SC25 is still fully alive and well.

Looks to be around 27-28N now that I've checked more closely, that's pretty much around where the brunts of the cycles in butterfly diagrams start (~30° N/S).

• Like 2

Where is the filament? I can’t see it :o 

23 minutes ago, tniickck said:

m2.5, nice, but again no cme

Are you saying this based on suvi ? I sadly can’t look at imagery too good on mobile. 😮‍💨 

the region doesn’t look too complex, I don’t see a delta ? Am I missing it?

10 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Where is the filament? I can’t see it :o 

Are you saying this based on suvi ? I sadly can’t look at imagery too good on mobile. 😮‍💨 

the region doesn’t look too complex, I don’t see a delta ? Am I missing it?

there was a delta for very short time, it already decayed