AR 3413

tniickck

Any speculation as to whether or not the CME will interact with the filament eruption the other day, possibly boosting any geomagnetic impact?

Edit: Also, absolutely classic to see this spot wander silently across the disk and start popping off as soon as it approaches the limb... ugh.

Edited by NEAurora
One more thing.

49 minutes ago, NEAurora said:

Edit: Also, absolutely classic to see this spot wander silently across the disk and start popping off as soon as it approaches the limb... ugh.

As I already mentioned it is so frustrating to have no earth directed big ones anymore this cycle - its really surreal meanwhile and extremely
unlogical all is happening only from side to side and behind the sun and according to the steady dropping of sunspots now I really fear we
passed the maximum...

Regards, Chris

Edited by Chris, HB9DFG
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Chris, HB9DFG said:

As I already mentioned it is so frustrating to have no earth directed big ones anymore this cycle - its really surreal meanwhile and extremely
unlogical all is happening only from side to side and behind the sun and according to the steady dropping of sunspots now I really fear we
passed the maximum...

Regards, Chris

We are definitely really close to solar max, however I would be skeptical of us already having reached maximum. As we have seen over the course of the past year or so, the sun has undergone cycles on a monthly or multi-monthly basis in which sunspot numbers have greatly varied. If you ask me, I think by the time October rolls around, things will start to pick up again 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chris, HB9DFG said:

passed the maximum...

Regards, Chris

We will have another big one eventually, We still have to wait a year for solar maximum, The sunspots are not dropping the sun is just taking a break this happens every few months.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NEAurora said:

Any speculation as to whether or not the CME will interact with the filament eruption the other day, possibly boosting any geomagnetic impact?

same question, actually

2 hours ago, Chris, HB9DFG said:

passed the maximum...

Regards, Chris

we did not with a 99% chance, there was a discussion in growth of the cycle 25 topic

it is just a break that sun takes every 4-6 months after a high level activity, it usually lasts up to 2 months

• Thanks 1

I would say that the CME from this region could interact with the filament and maybe "merge" into each other. The filament could make the path a bit faster behind it. The filament is more of a direct hit than what the CME from this region seems to be though. Hopefully we will get some flux rope.

Will be interesting to see what happens for sure.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

I have a similar concern Chris. However, I honestly believe we will see a resurgence in activity ( sfi particularly) before January 2024.  We are still too early in this cycle to say that it is done.  ( I really need 200 sfi by January!) @3gMikemade a pretty convincing case for this in another thread.  We all hope it plays out in this manner.  73. @hamateur 1953 

10 hours ago, Chris, HB9DFG said:

passed the maximum...

Regards, Chris

Edited by hamateur 1953
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1