AR 13288

Philalethes

42 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Where exactly? gotta search for it :D 

Roughly the same place as before:

imageedit-1-2925029530.gif

Not sure if I have too much hope in this one, though, since it's been breaking up and the flaring hasn't really been eruptive. But a hope is a hope is a hope.

Just now, Jesterface23 said:

You made it mad. heh

Impulsive M7.12

Any chance for a cme? I see movement just before the flare and during the flare right center disc but that could be a filament. im not sure. SUVI195 angstroms

1 minute ago, Philalethes said:

Looks like that delta finally did something; looks extremely impulsive though, wouldn't expect much eruptivity from that.

From what i can see it doesnt look eruptive, but in the center disc shortly before the flare began something has been moving

2 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Any chance for a cme? I see movement just before the flare and during the flare right center disc but that could be a filament. im not sure. SUVI195 angstroms

Yeah, looks like there was something dynamic going on at 3289 almost simultaneously; I wonder if that's related at all or just coincidence, but looks like some flux might have been from that, not sure how much.

1 minute ago, MinYoongi said:

Its not adding fluxes up, it can only measure the highest, which (telling from imagery) came from this AR

I believe the measured value is the total X-ray flux from the entire disk, so that two flares with similar fluxes occurring simultaneously would noticeably add up, and that you'd then have to calculate each separately if that were to occur; maybe I'm wrong about that, though, and that they already do separate each flare.

In any case it doesn't seem like the activity near 3289 had any significant flux at all from looking at 131 Å now.

Interestingly, there's a bit of a prominence spiraling about, and based on the plane of apparent motion relative to our observation angle, it seemed to be aimed at Earth. Not that this will contribute to much of anything, but it descended back down to the Sun just prior to the event we're trying to figure out. If it really lasted only a few minutes, I don't know where to look for imagery that captured it.

• Like 1

Se vienen  varios impactos por CME de la AR 3288

plot_image_.png

Edited by Jhon Henry Osorio Orozco

12 hours ago, Jhon Henry Osorio Orozco said:

A cme was thrown today at AR 3288, since video cannot be uploaded, I show some fragments of the event that come directly towards us, observable in the suvi 303 Angstroms.

foto 4.jpg

foto 5.jpg

foto 6.jpg

foto 7.jpg

Replying in this thread since you were talking about 3288.

How are you determining from the images that there's an Earth-directed component? Just curious, I have a hard time seeing it here.

It does look like an almost full halo visible on both C2 and C3 around that time, but I struggle to see anything noticeable on any of the SDO imagery, and I don't see anything going on around 3288 at all around that time. If I were to look at this myself I would probably have concluded that it was a farside eruption, especially considering that a new region seems to have just cropped up on the exact other side, which would fit a source of a farside eruption producing that halo:

mrfqg230502t0000.jpg

But if you think it was from the visible disk and can show it more clearly I'd be interested to see it.

clear

auto_awesome
Quizás quisiste decir: Impacto directo desde la AR 3288

33 / 5.000

Resultados de traducción

Resultado de traducción

CME.jpeg

I'm going to remember this as one of the most disappointing sunspot region of all time. Spent a good time on the Earth-side developing and moving along, merging with a nearby similarly-sized spot and region. There were a few filament eruptions as well, adding to the stacked house of cards. On imagery, it seemed certain something would unfold from its aggressive movement and merger. In the end, it's rotating out of view showing no signs of doing anything worth mentioning.

This is a lesson in the unpredictable nature of electromagnetically robust phenomenon.

• Sad 1