AR3213

arjemma

5 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

Here we go again. Longer-ish flare from the limb, now a double peak ( i think?) in the making by this region

An eruptive event would be awesome. Maybe this one could be, if it’s longer duration? Will have to check dimming later. 
Didn’t get any radio emissions though, so probably not very eruptive, sadly 

24 minutes ago, hamateur 1953 said:

I looked at the magnetic stuff backtracking and the delta sure looks tiny tiny. Did it die after those events?  this is still 3213?  cuz its halfway across approximately.. 

427eff9683414ce581286ec7e65c6852.png997e99a1f73f55433c1858cb58d433be.png

This is the delta. I dont know if it is drifting apart, maybe @mozy has a clue/opinion.

its not too big but not too shabby either

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

427eff9683414ce581286ec7e65c6852.png997e99a1f73f55433c1858cb58d433be.png

This is the delta. I dont know if it is drifting apart, maybe @mozy has a clue/opinion.

its not too big but not too shabby either

Yup, at the moment It's just present there, not really doing much noise as It's fairly small, but that can change anytime

On 2/7/2023 at 1:37 PM, arjemma said:

Started a new topic about this one as it has grown a fair bit. Almost looks like a small delta is present but I'm not 100% sure it's in the same penumbra (sorry for the low quality images, needed to stay in limit). What do you all think?

color delta.jpg

orange delta.jpg

Howdy!

Really nice catch!  Ya scooped everyone on this one! Good for you!

Would you mind reposting your original post to Let's Play a Game -> Show me the Deltas? 

it is such a nice textbook example, it would be nice to have that noted in that thread. There is no mistaking that delta! 

Thanks for sharing!

Will

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WildWill said:

Howdy!

Really nice catch!  Ya scooped everyone on this one! Good for you!

Would you mind reposting your original post to Let's Play a Game -> Show me the Deltas? 

it is such a nice textbook example, it would be nice to have that noted in that thread. There is no mistaking that delta! 

Thanks for sharing!

Will

Thank you, I was lucky that I was scanning the sun for deltas, I do that a few times per day. Sure I can repost the images there to show how it can look like when they are small.

• Like 1

An M3 flare from this region was a bit slow peaking, and we received Type IV and III radio sweeps, the III with a velocity of 831km/s. I believe the radio emissions are from this flare and AR, although I have not verified that they are not from a filament or limb eruption. 

If 3213 did launch a CME, if it was pretty wide there’s a chance of an Earth-directed component. I’m watching LASCO carefully to find out!

2 hours ago, Sam Warfel said:

An M3 flare from this region was a bit slow peaking, and we received Type IV and III radio sweeps, the III with a velocity of 831km/s. I believe the radio emissions are from this flare and AR, although I have not verified that they are not from a filament or limb eruption. 

If 3213 did launch a CME, if it was pretty wide there’s a chance of an Earth-directed component. I’m watching LASCO carefully to find out!