AR3213

arjemma

35 minutes ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

Perfectly spotted! Seems to be in same penumbral area so I sure call it delta and is indeed topic worthy so thank you for that! 

Then my eyes wasn't lying, cool and thanks! This could become interesting! 

EDIT: M-class eruption from this one now.

Edited by arjemma
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, arjemma said:

Started a new topic about this one as it has grown a fair bit. Almost looks like a small delta is present but I'm not 100% sure it's in the same penumbra (sorry for the low quality images, needed to stay in limit). What do you all think?

I agree, looks like a small delta; and it's still present as far as I can see.

Also, this has been flaring a lot lately, including up to ~M3.9 just a moment ago (at least it looks like it's this from SUVI, and it makes sense). I guess there's something to watch again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Philalethes Bythos said:

I agree, looks like a small delta; and it's still present as far as I can see.

Also, this has been flaring a lot lately, including up to ~M3.9 just a moment ago (at least it looks like it's this from SUVI, and it makes sense). I guess there's something to watch again.

Flaring again?

Update: it made the other region flare! Triggered an M5.1 Flare in the region slightly under it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

A M3.9 with a medium-ish duration flare? A CME was launched, but not surprised if it is another slow one.

I sadly cant see anything because suvi is ratty right now. do you maybe have a short clip or screenshot of the launched CME?

Just now, Philalethes Bythos said:

Looks like both flares were from this one to me; where are you seeing that?

You are right, i didnt check the Suvi Timestamps. at 23:00 UTC both Regions are flaring, but i think the other one was a C Class event then.

41 minutes ago, Sam Warfel said:

M6! Earth-facing. Too bad it seems impulsive at first glance 

4 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

A M3.9 with a medium-ish duration flare? A CME was launched, but not surprised if it is another slow one.

Will be interesting to have a look at LASCO.

921e03bffd5f6e4e7c27542ed415b384.pngbacfa6375506dc6779125666213436d6.png

Updated look on the Region with Delta circled for others with problems finding deltas. :) 

Also for you, @arjemma
Just take screenshots with Gyazo and post the link here. it should embedd the picture like those two you see from me. I do not upload them to the forum here, they just display them.

which gives me much more room for higher quality and bigger pics

Another Short duration (4minutes) M2.07 flare 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

Also for you, @arjemma
Just take screenshots with Gyazo and post the link here. it should embedd the picture like those two you see from me. I do not upload them to the forum here, they just display them.

which gives me much more room for higher quality and bigger pics

Thanks for the tip, I really appreciate it. Would love to post better quality images so will try that next time.

The delta is really tiny now but seems to still be there.

Edited by arjemma

24 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

LMAO

Just looking forward to when I can wake up, look at the Solar activity I've missed, and justifiably post a dozen copies of this side-by-side.

Flare is still ongoing, still rising steadily after a few small dips. Doesn't look that impulsive, but still no signs of any CME (that I can make out from SUVI at least).

Edit:

Eh, I guess it died.

Edited by Philalethes Bythos

5 hours ago, Philalethes Bythos said:

Just looking forward to when I can wake up, look at the Solar activity I've missed, and justifiably post a dozen copies of this side-by-side.

Flare is still ongoing, still rising steadily after a few small dips. Doesn't look that impulsive, but still no signs of any CME (that I can make out from SUVI at least).

Edit:

Eh, I guess it died.

Here we go again. Longer-ish flare from the limb, now a double peak ( i think?) in the making by this region