AR13153

MinYoongi

9 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

We have our first little delta :)

e1a206cafabe2a44f54d2b42070728e7.pngef69e456646bd66f560fe47aa72cc1a3.png

@Philalethes Bythos Correct me if im wrong, but do you see the Light bridges in the Big spots to the right too? Dont they herald dying down?

Not @Philalethes Bythos, but light bridges are common in both forming and decay sunspots. This light bridge appears to have been there since around 3 December separating the two large umbral cores, so I do not think its presence indicates decay of the AR. Though I could be mistaken.

10 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

We have our first little delta :)

e1a206cafabe2a44f54d2b42070728e7.pngef69e456646bd66f560fe47aa72cc1a3.png

@Philalethes Bythos Correct me if im wrong, but do you see the Light bridges in the Big spots to the right too? Dont they herald dying down?

I can't say I do, seems like just regular separation between the umbrae to me. Also, it's mostly when the bigger spots start to get split in half or more pieces ("criss-crossed" by the bridges, if you like) that it signals decay, since it's a sign that the field has realigned itself and isn't as turbulent anymore.

As for a delta, I do see the intimations of one here, but I wouldn't put it down as one just yet:

latest.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NEAurora said:

Forget 3153, take a look at 3157.  Lots of rapid changes over the past day with growing magnetic complexity.  Looks like maybe delta in the southern most trailing spot.  Also, showing an uptick in c-flare activity.

Well, it's looking interesting for sure, but that would be deserving of its own thread I guess; telling people to "forget 3153" in the thread dedicated specifically to it seems a bit misplaced.

3 hours ago, Philalethes Bythos said:

Well, it's looking interesting for sure, but that would be deserving of its own thread I guess; telling people to "forget 3153" in the thread dedicated specifically to it seems a bit misplaced.

7 hours ago, NEAurora said:

Forget 3153, take a look at 3157.  Lots of rapid changes over the past day with growing magnetic complexity.  Looks like maybe delta in the southern most trailing spot.  Also, showing an uptick in c-flare activity.

I opened up its own thread.

Personally,  I would love it if it ripped off an X class flare. I enjoy being wrong sometimes because that’s when all of us have a real chance to learn.  “ Hey! that crummy little thing wasn’t even an active region! more like a useless region! “. 

On 12/8/2022 at 6:30 PM, Trestan said:

IMO the parasitic magnetic region (to the north east of the leading spot, indicated with a red arrow in the attached image) still has a good chance of producing some activity.

parasitic_magnetic_region.png