Region 2983

MinYoongi
Go to solution Solved by Vancanneyt Sander,

Just now, MinYoongi said:

Sadly we will never know if there was a flare but from the north west eruption i think a glancing blow is possible?

When it comes to glancing blows and stuff like that- I don't know yet. My guess- Maybe..

7 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Remember the small C flare that triggered the X class in 2975? 

Wait that caused it? I thought the X class just happened. 

Just now, Solarflaretracker200 said:

When it comes to glancing blows and stuff like that- I don't know yet. My guess- Maybe..

Looking at the Dimming i dont know either. I think due to its position a direct hit wouldnt make sense. But only some more lasco frames and preferably someone that can read lasco could tell us for sure i think.

So i hope i was atleast able to give an answer to you and @HalfFeralHuman . There was 2 things happening at once :D

4 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Wait that caused it? I thought the X class just happened. 

I didn't even know that a C class caused it. At the time I was freaking out because I got to see my first X class, that I didn't think of check if something caused it

1 minute ago, MinYoongi said:

So i hope i was atleast able to give an answer to you and @HalfFeralHuman . There was 2 things happening at once

Yes, that gave me the answer. Thank you!

• Like 1

• Solution
2 minuten geleden, Solarflaretracker200 zei:

Don’t make guesses, instead: wait for proof. This means: wait for LASCO imagery.

nice filament eruption with nice coronal dimming indeed. Most of the CME will be above and away and it also wasn’t in a good position for a possible Earthward component. LASCO imagery will eventually confirm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Its most likely not related experts on twitter say. Sometimes they trigger each other though

6 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Seems like things went off simultaneously 

So here's a thing I don't get. Something happens on two regions of the sun in extremely unlikely synergy, like a momentary dipole for want of a better description. Why would the default expert response be to assume these things aren't related. Sure, there might not be an explanation as to how they may be related, but to say they're likely not related is as much of a statement as to say they likely are. Both statements need at minimum a theory to back them up.

Ah... I also just realised from the SOHO imagery that it's quite possible STEREO can't see one limb of the eruption due to angles.

3 minutes ago, HalfFeralHuman said:

Sure, there might not be an explanation as to how they may be related, but to say they're likely not related is as much of a statement as to say they likely are. Both statements need at minimum a theory to back them up.

Yeah I agree with you. 

Meaning that It doesn't make sense at well. 

6 minutes ago, HalfFeralHuman said:

So here's a thing I don't get. Something happens on two regions of the sun in extremely unlikely synergy, like a momentary dipole for want of a better description. Why would the default expert response be to assume these things aren't related. Sure, there might not be an explanation as to how they may be related, but to say they're likely not related is as much of a statement as to say they likely are. Both statements need at minimum a theory to back them up.

Ah... I also just realised from the SOHO imagery that it's quite possible STEREO can't see one limb of the eruption due to angles.

Why cant stereo see one limb? Which one?

23 minutes ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

Don’t make guesses, instead: wait for proof. This means: wait for LASCO imagery.

nice filament eruption with nice coronal dimming indeed. Most of the CME will be above and away and it also wasn’t in a good position for a possible Earthward component. LASCO imagery will eventually confirm.

What i think is weird is that it still looks like something is detaching from Region 2983? Or is that plasma "raining" back down? (Falling back in place)? 

Oh, i thought its already earth facing.

So its either miss or glancing?

Just now, MinYoongi said:

Where did you got that nasa enlil? It usually shows when the run was made

Here: https://www.solarham.net/cmetracking.htm or here https://iswa.gsfc.nasa.gov/IswaSystemWebApp/iSWACygnetStreamer?timestamp=2038-01-23+00%3A44%3A00&window=-1&cygnetId=261

Wait the second one doesn't help 🤣

1 minute ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

My friend also sends me this type of stuff, so Idk where he gets it. 

6 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Did this CME cause this? or is that something different?

I would have said it's kida early for that kind of prediction to come out. It doesn't look like it matches up well with limited imagery we've got so far either I'd say.

Just now, HalfFeralHuman said:

I would have said it's kida early for that kind of prediction to come out. It doesn't look like it matches up well with limited imagery we've got so far either I'd say.

Yeah who knows, I got that from this site https://www.solarham.net/cmetracking.htm this time so who knows if that is right 🤣. I try to find nonpropaganda sites.  

5 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Here: https://www.solarham.net/cmetracking.htm or here https://iswa.gsfc.nasa.gov/IswaSystemWebApp/iSWACygnetStreamer?timestamp=2038-01-23+00%3A44%3A00&window=-1&cygnetId=261

Wait the second one doesn't help 🤣

My friend also sends me this type of stuff, so Idk where he gets it. 

I think it could be the one from yesterdays cme

Just now, Solarflaretracker200 said:

You are probably right. Doesn't NASA ENLIL take awhile? 

Theyre mostly the faster ones to model stuff tbh

5 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

You are probably right. Doesn't NASA Enlil take awhile? 

So, I have an update for you.

I looked it up.

The run is from the 2nd. you can check here : Nasa Enlil/Iswa