Region 2983

MinYoongi
Go to solution Solved by Vancanneyt Sander,

I decided to open up a Topic about this Region because I think i just saw a big filament Eruption/Liftoff from it around 12:00-13:00 UTC!

Looks very cool. Sadly i cant attach a Video from my Phone but its visible in SDO Aia 193.

Has someone look at it? Does it have the ability to be earth directed? (Im still really bad at determining what exactly the earth striking zone is).

Looking at Lasco we may have an earth directed cme what do you guys think? @Flareguy18 maybe you know something (im so bad at lasco)

Just now, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Nah... I wouldn't call it scary, but that's just me. Honestly, there is nothing to be scared of. 

Okay thats good to hear.. hope for some more opinions :( really hard to calm down in any way right now

I'm seeing a massive scale CME happening (size wise). Looking on AIA composite 304, 211 & 171 it's especially apparent. That filament eruption over spot 2983 is acompanied by a something happening behind the sun just out of view to the south / right. That's a whole-sun event happening. It looks to me like a very large and rather significant magnetic reconfiguration. I think we're not seeing particularly notable x-ray flux because the event is diffused over such a large area.

I'm interested to see how this one pans out. I haven't seen anything of this scale before (meaning size, not x-ray intensity). Certainly the first SOHO image we've got looks interesting, I'm looking forward to the next batch.

I haven't been looking at this stuff long enough to know if such events are reasonably common though.

5 minutes ago, HalfFeralHuman said:

I'm seeing a massive scale CME happening (size wise). Looking on AIA composite 304, 211 & 171 it's especially apparent. That filament eruption over spot 2983 is acompanied by a something happening behind the sun just out of view to the south / right. That's a whole-sun event happening. It looks to me like a very large and rather significant magnetic reconfiguration. I think we're not seeing particularly notable x-ray flux because the event is diffused over such a large area.

I'm interested to see how this one pans out. I haven't seen anything of this scale before (meaning size, not x-ray intensity). Certainly the first SOHO image we've got looks interesting, I'm looking forward to the next batch.

I haven't been looking at this stuff long enough to know if such events are reasonably common though.

It is farside or Earth facing? I don't think i have seen anything like this either. Pretty cool 

(Filament size i mean)

Edited by Solarflaretracker200

3 minutes ago, HalfFeralHuman said:

What do you mean by south/right? There was a huge filament in the south west you can see in the video i linked do you mean that? 

1 minute ago, DaZed24 said:

Is this the CME y'all are talking about? It looks really neat.

IMG_20220404_173359.jpg

Yes

1 minute ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Ah that looks farside. Is it?

Thats what i wonder but apparently its the eruption from 2983 but nobody can tell me and im very anxious

It is farside or Earth facing? I don't think i have seen anything like this either. Pretty cool 

Well.... ya... that's confusing TBH. STEREO's beacon imagery seems like the largest part is headed... well... north of the sun. That's just strange to me. There's another weaker side to the blast seemingly headed approximately towards us but would go way south of us. Current SOHO imagery doesn't say anything to me other than 'this one's complicated and interesting.'

1 minute ago, HalfFeralHuman said:

Well.... ya... that's confusing TBH. STEREO's beacon imagery seems like the largest part is headed... well... north of the sun. That's just strange to me.

Same here, that is strange. 

1 minute ago, HalfFeralHuman said:

There's another weaker side to the blast seemingly headed approximately towards us but would go way south of us.

Ok what, that is confusing as hell. 

3 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Now this is some crazy stuff happening. Look at this: https://wwwbis.sidc.be/solardemon/dimmings_details.php?science=0&dimming_id=3222&delay=80&prefix=dimming_mask_&small=1&aid=0&graph=1

Now that i have never seen. That is impressive. 

Here is another view: https://wwwbis.sidc.be/solardemon/dimmings_details.php?science=0&dimming_id=3222&delay=80&prefix=pBDI_&small=1&aid=0&graph=1

2 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Now this is some crazy stuff happening. Look at this: https://wwwbis.sidc.be/solardemon/dimmings_details.php?science=0&dimming_id=3222&delay=80&prefix=dimming_mask_&small=1&aid=0&graph=1

O.o ... that is interesting. Some kind of dark filament eruption perhaps?

2 minutes ago, HalfFeralHuman said:

Well.... ya... that's confusing TBH. STEREO's beacon imagery seems like the largest part is headed... well... north of the sun. That's just strange to me. There's another weaker side to the blast seemingly headed approximately towards us but would go way south of us. Current SOHO imagery doesn't say anything to me other than 'this one's complicated and interesting.'

4 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

I can actually explain this to both of you! 

I linked a video from twitter above. There was a simultaneos filament detachment or flare in the southwest (bottom right corner) with a beautiful prominence/filament eruption :) ! Its most likely not related experts on twitter say. Sometimes they trigger each other though

Looks pretty cool! A double eruption and a solar flare on the other side? Huh, cool! 

Sadly we will never know if there was a flare but from the north west eruption i think a glancing blow is possible?