G2 (KP6) Geomagnetic Storm

Jesterface23

How can we already be in G2? Im a bit confused. 

Did Noaa undercast this one?

Another Question :

will the current G2 storm quiet down with the strong positive bz? And then later another one may start? Or will we stay in G2 for a day now? 😵💫😃

14 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

How can we already be in G2? Im a bit confused. 

Did Noaa undercast this one?

Another Question :

will the current G2 storm quiet down with the strong positive bz? And then later another one may start? Or will we stay in G2 for a day now? 😵💫😃

NOAA was a bit off on their forecast, it arrived earlier than they thought. 

And that depends on how long it stays north, it looks to be weakening so we might continue with G1 or G2. 

30 minutes ago, Orneno said:

We reached G2, the CME arrived a bit earlier than predicted, which is always a good sign for strength. 

Unfortunately it’s day where I am, we’ll see if it persists until nightfall. Anyone in Europe seen it yet?

impatiently awaiting darkness in Scotland, with a big pointy cloud poking stick to hand. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Orneno said:

We reached G2, the CME arrived a bit earlier than predicted, which is always a good sign for strength. 

Unfortunately it’s day where I am, we’ll see if it persists until nightfall. Anyone in Europe seen it yet?

Sadly not dark enough yet. Best moment will be reached in around 3h

First post for me on here but im mid latitudes, central Victoria, Australia, it's about to go daylight and it really just started to get pretty with my phone camera on a tripod. Have fun folks, I'm off to sleep!

20220314_054058.jpg

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Auroragub said:

First post for me on here but im mid latitudes, central Victoria, Australia, it's about to go daylight and it really just started to get pretty with my phone camera on a tripod. Have fun folks, I'm off to sleep!

20220314_054058.jpg

Cool! That’s pretty far north to see the southern lights, must be strong!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, David Silver said:

Bz Tilting -20 Southward now, hope you Northern folks get glorious auroras…

pesky cloudyfestering Northdooferin Bz - the sum total of 3 hours. and then the cloud REALLY rolled in, so whatever is going on up there is not being seen here 😭 

zzmeh.jpg

48 minutes ago, JPMK said:

I just came home from a real treat! It was really visible in the really southern parts of Sweden. 

I’m happy for you! I’m just waiting for it to go southward again now that’s it’s night, then I’ll have to go and battle the clouds for a glimpse. 

9 hours ago, Orneno said:

Cool! That’s pretty far north to see the southern lights, must be strong!

Blew me away! It was my second time photographing aurora here as it doesn't happen often but this one really had me dancing! Cant wait to have a proper camera and not a 2yr old Samsung phone haha, hope you had a chance last night for some good flicks!