Is the C5.18 flare long-duration?

Sam Warfel

Actually 2917 and 2907 both had something at almost the same time. 2906 flared a few hours ago. Here: https://sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov/data/aiahmi/ back to back, and both are still quite bright/energetic. I believe that 2917 is growing at the rate we wanted 2916 to grow at lol

Edited by Christopher S.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Well it did develop suddenly and rapidly. If it lasts more then 20 minutes I think it will be considered a long duration. 

it’s  rising again so it probably will be long duration. 

I think I’m wrong about this…

wow, it went up again to C7

3 minutes ago, Flareguy18 said:

Lol! Isn't that how it always goes? 🤪

sadly yes

5 minutes ago, Space pro said:

Everyone to AR2907- X flare please!!

AR 2907- First let me go to far side

I think I’m way too excited for a X class that I thought you said “AR2907 just did a X class” 😂 

I was about to be like. “HOLY MOTHER  OF GOD I NEED TO WATCH THIS”

3 uren geleden, Flareguy18 zei:

Lol! Isn't that how it always goes? 🤪

Just a normal day for me😂

3 uren geleden, Solarflaretracker200 zei:

I think I’m way too excited for a X class that I thought you said “AR2907 just did a X class” 😂 

I was about to be like. “HOLY MOTHER  OF GOD I NEED TO WATCH THIS”

Yeah that's what my job is😂

5 hours ago, Christopher S. said:

Actually 2917 and 2907 both had something at almost the same time.

Events on the Sun today
Region   Start Maximum End
- C1.2 00:46 00:57 01:07
2907 C5.2 02:27 02:43 02:58
2917 C7.5 03:25 03:42

03:50

I find it interesting that they have a very similar profile, even though they are separated both spatially and temporally.

8 minuten geleden, Flareguy18 zei:

Very preliminary imagery is coming in from LASCO and it looks like the latest C5 flare (just after 12 UTC) produced a CME! Signature beginning to show up. (Pardon the sloppy tracing lol)

LASCO C2 12242021 1337.jpg

When you look at difference movie you’ll see that it’s not as big as you’ve drawn on the image. To see CME’s we always use the different images to get a more clear look on CME distribution and the CME here was a narrow one:

60803868-0843-4457-AEA5-3C92DAFFA8E6.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

When you look at difference movie you’ll see that it’s not as big as you’ve drawn on the image. To see CME’s we always use the different images to get a more clear look on CME distribution and the CME here was a narrow one:

60803868-0843-4457-AEA5-3C92DAFFA8E6.jpeg

Ahh, good to know! Kinda seemed like some of the material was spreading further out but perhaps not. Where do you find this particular type of imagery?

8 minuten geleden, Flareguy18 zei:

Ahh, good to know! Kinda seemed like some of the material was spreading further out but perhaps not. Where do you find this particular type of imagery?

Difference images can be found in our image section or on the SOHO website. Or you can look events up in the CME catalog or in the Cactus software of SIDC

• Thanks 1