What is the strongest solar flare you have ever seen?

Solarflaretracker200

2 hours ago, Orneno said:

Two X1s, there was one earlier this year, and then the one in late Oct. Both were X1, idk which was stronger. 

If you remember the date of the first one you could look it up on the calendar in the website. And if you don’t remember then who knows lol. 

Oh yeah??? Well I remember the X70 during the Carrington Event!!

😆

7 hours ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

We have a top flare list per year as well to easily find the strong flares dates ;) 

The strongest solar flare I’ve seen (and I beat you all) is X28 😇

58 minutes ago, Orneno said:

I was too alive! But I was 2 years old 😂

Uhhh, no, it was in November of 2003, as part of the great Halloween storms

32 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Your 150+ years old LOL

Uhhh, no, it was in Nov 2003, as part of the great Halloween Storms…

(Something is weird with the quotes, can’t seem to fix it, pls ignore)

Strongest flares I've seen in real time were the X flares this year, and this is my first year really watching space weather.

I wished I was aware during the 2003 flares; those would have been fun to watch unfurl. 

Edited by Archmonoth

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

X1.38 is my new highest flare! I have waited so long to see one and now I have! Hopefully I can see more!

my first one too, im new in all this, its like im scared but at the same time im just amazed about it in a good way.

4 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

I wasn’t scared but I was so shocked that I saw an x class that My literally started shaking and my heart was racing. 

well, having the sun so big in the sky in the caribbean is not fun believe me haha. but i think is because the distance we are now from the sun, i simply dont like to see it so big in the sky, but im learning to apreciate how it works.

Wtf. My English is bad. I mean to say that my hands started shaking lol. 

4 minutes ago, prepper said:

but im learning to apreciate how it works.

I have been here since Nov 2021 and I’m still learning as well. I stay here for some time, and you’ll seen the sun be quiet and also be a freaking firework. 

Why I literally started shake and was in shock was because I missed an X class by 6hrs back on Oct 28 (that’s when I started to watch and then on nov 2 i really started watching

Honestly I’m Just freakin glad I saw an X class finally. 

4 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Wtf. My English is bad. I mean to say that my hands started shaking lol. 

I have been here since Nov 2021 and I’m still learning as well. I stay here for some time, and you’ll seen the sun be quiet and also be a freaking firework. 

Why I literally started shake and was in shock was because I missed an X class by 6hrs back on Oct 28 (that’s when I started to watch and then on nov 2 i really started watching

Honestly I’m Just freakin glad I saw an X class finally. 

yeah it was nice to see it xd.. now i start my day checking the values xd.

• Like 1

I have never seen a solar flare.  I have only seen images from satellites of solar flares.  I have seen sunspots with my telescope.  With a Hydrogen-Alpha solar filter, it may be possible to actually catch a glimpse of a solar flare " live" with an amateur telescope / camera. 

Edited by Drax Spacex

6 hours ago, Marcel de Bont said:

The two strongest flare of SC24 from this beauty. I never witnessed the strongest flares of SC23 unfortunately. https://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/solar-activity/region/12673.html

They were literally the last X-Flares of that cycle we saw. Going out with a bang ;) did they produce cme's? Is there footage?