Space Weather Memes

Sam Warfel

37 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Damn. I haven’t seen something like that sense SC24’s minimum. Which I only watched for a few days then gave up. Lol. Probably won’t give up watching but it seems like sun activity is pretty lame right now. 

It's like any weather. It's not 24/7 actions. Have some patience.

Nothing noteworthy is something you'll see even in the middle of maximum.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Christopher S. said:

It's like any weather. It's not 24/7 actions. Have some patience.

Nothing noteworthy is something you'll see even in the middle of maximum.

I’m not trying to be impatient. All I’m saying is that this is the first spotless days I’ve seen in a while. I understand that it’s not 24/7 action. I don’t expect it to be like that at all. 

1 hour ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

I’m not trying to be impatient. All I’m saying is that this is the first spotless days I’ve seen in a while. I understand that it’s not 24/7 action. I don’t expect it to be like that at all. 

Well, your attitude is somewhat irrational and I thought explaining might help cut through your ADD.

16 hours ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

How the heck did you know I had …? Doesn’t matter. I guess I show it. Lol

Having ADD, or noticing low activity isn't irrational. Even if Chris was correct about you having ADD, it is still presumptuous. (To me).

9 hours ago, Archmonoth said:

Having ADD, or noticing low activity isn't irrational. Even if Chris was correct about you having ADD, it is still presumptuous. (To me).

I was misdiagnosed at age 9 with ADD/ADHD and Manic Depression(aka Bipolar Depression, Bipolar Disorder etc.) and had to figure out that it was a mistake on my own, considering the climate of mental health care in the late 90's and early 2000's.

I was put into a classroom with other kids who had legitimate behavioral "emotional disabilities" ranging from minor to severe for about 6 years(they were, in turn, my only/closest friends outside of my neighborhood). I was just an angry and depressed kid in a broken household, and had plenty of opportunity to observe various ranges of disrupted cognitive function first-hand in a very raw way, as well as ruminate on the classification of these conditions and what the proposed solutions implemented are actually doing for them.

I know when somebody is ping-ponging around in their attention in a way that is out of their control, rather than because they simply don't care enough. I was a "didn't care enough" kind of person, why would I care about my homework if I didn't care about anything? As opposed to "there's a lot I care about" which in my opinion isn't really a disorder, it's just a side-effect of a powerful imagination. ADD is the former, ADHD is the latter. That's how I always saw it, at least.

Forgive me that it looked like I was talking down to him. Also, I meant ADD by the contemporary definition when I said it earlier, not by my own definition described above - to be clear

Erm, maybe we can go back to memes now 😅

Edited by Christopher S.

On 12/11/2021 at 8:44 AM, Christopher S. said:

Forgive me that it looked like I was talking down to him. Also, I meant ADD by the contemporary definition when I said it earlier, not by my own definition described above - to be clear

No worries, Christopher... :) 

• 2 weeks later...