Space Weather Memes

Sam Warfel

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, farm24 said:

Speaking of memes can we post memes here? I’ve got a couple ideas for some

I asked about memes when I posted one in thread "how many suns?", which itself was a meme (go see that thread if you didn't, it's funny). Β Marcel De Bont said this:

Memes are fine haha, its all in good fun. That's why we are here. Learn and have fun while waiting for theΒ CME!

So, memes are pretty fine! Β I'd just make sure it's not burying other discussions.
I don't think a dedicated forum category for memes is needed, but a thread or pinned thread just for memes would be fun! (just an idea, @Vancanneyt Sander).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Orneno said:

Watching a livestream? 🀣

No for the aurora on the website LOL. For example on Nov 3 late night I said this exact same thing to my self "Ill go to be in a few minutes" its like 12am. 2 hours pass and I am still awake Lol.Β 

Then when I fell asleep the KP7 happened of courseΒ 

Edited by Solarflaretracker200

3 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

No for the aurora on the website LOL. For example on Nov 3 late night I said this exact same thing to my self "Ill go to be in a few minutes" its like 12am. 2 hours pass and I am still awake Lol.Β 

every time it gets above a G1 its always daytime or cloudy but thats the cons of living in the northwoods were its cloudy 90% of the time in the fall/winter

Edited by farm24

9 minutes ago, farm24 said:

the first and only time ive seen it was this spring and it was just a grey blobΒ 

Same, just a glow in a long exposure photographΒ 

8 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Relatable!

Just now, farm24 said:

ah i live up north on lake superior so i have an unobstructed view of the north facing direction

Jealous!!!!!

I want to live someplace like that somedayΒ 

3 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

I watch the activity on the website. I am to far south to see anything unless its KP7Β 

Same, but I can catch G2 sometimes (in theory, never seen them myself yet)

20 minutes ago, Orneno said:

Jealous!!!!!

I want to live someplace like that somedayΒ 

well i dont live on it i live near it in WisconsinΒ 

20 minutes ago, Orneno said:

Same, just a glow in a long exposure photographΒ 

i got some nice onesΒ https://imgur.com/a/blQGWqw

the stars are actually pinpoint but its horribly compressed and the originals are too big and in the wrong format for hereΒ 

Edited by farm24

17 minutes ago, farm24 said:

well i dont live on it i live near it in WisconsinΒ 

i got some nice onesΒ https://imgur.com/a/blQGWqw

the stars are actually pinpoint but its horribly compressed and the originals are too big and in the wrong format for hereΒ 

Hey I live in Wisconsin too! But the southern part πŸ˜…

Very nice photos!

12 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Well that explains why the X1 solar flare missed us πŸ˜‚ (one last meme for now for no reason)

Funny-Space-Nasa-Memes

Β 

Darn sun maintenance, it’s been down for maintenance for the past several years!

Just now, Orneno said:

Hey I live in Wisconsin too! But the southern part πŸ˜…

Very nice photos!

i actually went out there to do some astrophotography but then my dad pointed out the small grey blob on the horizon that was moving so i pointed my camera at it and took a long exposure shot and it was basically a out of focus version of the one i linked