Do you think we are getting more of the CME?

Guest danderson500

Guest danderson500

why do you think we are getting more of the CME just because the protons are rising? NASA DONKI says it is going to be a glancing blow?

Guest danderson500

it said The rising trend of the low energy protons as shown on EPAM suggests that there might be more ejecta on the Sun-Earth line then we first expected

Well, judging by the fact that NOAA expects G1, I'd say... G1. Maybe G2, if they underestimated the ejecta mass.

Remember the scale I gave you and told you NOT to forget?

G1 : Pff, who cares?
G2 : Possible auroras!
G3 : Oooh, shiny, auroras!
G4 : Well, that's gonna be a show!
G5 : Interesting, I could use a free day to watch events unfold... and fill up my gas tank.
G5+ : Well, perharps I could also fill my bathtub with water...

No worries danderson500, the world wont end as you know it. But it is an interesting case we got here. Based on LASCO one could very well say this CME is unlikely to give us a glancing blow but the low energy protons as measured by ACE EPAM are really showing a nice and steady rise. Should be interesting to see what kind of impact we are getting, if any.

Guest danderson500

No worries danderson500, the world wont end as you know it. But it is an interesting case we got here. Based on LASCO one could very well say this CME is unlikely to give us a glancing blow but the low energy protons as measured by ACE EPAM are really showing a nice and steady rise. Should be interesting to see what kind of impact we are getting, if any.

looking at CACTUS i see only 534 in median velocity so maybe it wont be a major impact

Archived