Sunspot region 2403

Maxime Fiset

2403 was located on the Sun's southern hemishphere and this CME is going north so unlikely it was 2403. Looks more like a far side filament to me. Any CME from 2403 would be directed towards the left (east) on STA as that's where 2403 is now in STA perspective. It is on the east limb if you watch STA.

Thank you.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well then i shoud not trust GONG then..

Yes. You should. GONG did not issue a LEVEL-1 Interplanetary Defcon alert. GONG just did what GONG does. 

What you are seeing is probably what's left of region 2403. It was decaying when it left the visible side.

And even if it were a real, big sunspot region, that would not mean that you have to worry. Do you have memory issues? I have been telling you that for the past MONTHS. Instead of answering, you pop-up in another thread asking if the end of the world is due in 12 days. Now, what you are seeing here is my REAL LIFE name, and my account on this board is linked to my REAL LIFE Facebook profile. Please, BY ALL MEANS, contact me via Facebook. You have anxiety issues, it's obvious, and I think it could help you to discuss with a prepper who is not completely batsh*t crazy. Yes, I am a prepper. No, I do not fear the sun. If you want to know why, you'll have to come up to me on Facebook.

My girlfriend tells me I should stop worrying about total strangers out there, on the Internet. Whatcha think?

danderson.thumb.JPG.7e1bb14b02e851a2578a

You can even have very complex region (Beta-Gamma-Delta) that doesn't produce anything at all ;) 

Potential reasons can be lack of magnetic shear, region not compact enough to get it all going... Like with all sunspot regions we can see it's magnetic complexity and determine the capabilities of it (what it might do), but not what it will do. Big difference ;)

question for you all has this cycle been less exciting than the last one?

Use the tools on the site to compare the 2 cycles and draw your own conclusion. I'd say this solar cycle is much less exciting.
http://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/solar-activity/top-50-solar-flares
http://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/auroral-activity/top-50-geomagnetic-storms

so how is 2414 or 1415 doing in terms of complexity?

2415 can be interesting but it will not end the world as we know it just yet. ;)
https://www.facebook.com/SpaceWeatherLive/photos/a.319511298163386.72025.133686703412514/816905158423995/?type=1&theater

Archived